Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-25-2011, 06:37 AM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default Ravens dispute Steelers' game-winning TD

« Updated: Search resumes for Brian Reed in Mississippi River | Main
January 25, 2011
Ravens dispute Steelers' game-winning TD
http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spor...inning_td.html

Should the Pittsburgh Steelers' game-winning touchdown have counted against the Ravens in the divisional playoffs?

The Ravens say no.

According to ESPN, the Ravens submitted Pittsburgh’s game-winning touchdown (a 2-yard run by Rashard Mendenhall) from the Jan. 15 divisional round playoff game to the NFL, saying Steelers tight end David Johnson should have been flagged for a false start. If Johnson had been flagged, the touchdown wouldn't have counted and the Steelers would have been moved back to the 7-yard line.

The NFL reviewed the film and backed the officiating crew's decision not to throw the flag because Johnson’s flinch came just as the ball was being snapped.
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:15 AM   #2
43Hitman
BACON!!
Supporter

Member Number: 1251
My Mood: Cool
Default Re: Ravens dispute Steelers' game-winning TD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaSteeler View Post
« Updated: Search resumes for Brian Reed in Mississippi River | Main
January 25, 2011
Ravens dispute Steelers' game-winning TD
http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spor...inning_td.html

Should the Pittsburgh Steelers' game-winning touchdown have counted against the Ravens in the divisional playoffs?

The Ravens say no.

According to ESPN, the Ravens submitted Pittsburgh’s game-winning touchdown (a 2-yard run by Rashard Mendenhall) from the Jan. 15 divisional round playoff game to the NFL, saying Steelers tight end David Johnson should have been flagged for a false start. If Johnson had been flagged, the touchdown wouldn't have counted and the Steelers would have been moved back to the 7-yard line.

The NFL reviewed the film and backed the officiating crew's decision not to throw the flag because Johnson’s flinch came just as the ball was being snapped.
This is why Baltimore doesn't win shit, they are too busy looking for excuses instead of fixing their problems.

"Football is a physical game, or at least it used to be" -Mel Blount
43Hitman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:56 AM   #3
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

its so pathetic that there still persuing this. reminds me of the Seahawks, there still complaining years later. if it was something major then i would agree but this is so petty its insane.
Old 01-25-2011, 08:00 AM   #4
CargoJon
Starter

Member Number: 4796

IF my aunt had wedding vegetables, she'd be my uncle.
CargoJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 08:41 AM   #5
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Hey Baltimore,

How about not blowing a 14 point second half lead?
Harbaugh is the biggest douche in the NFL. The Steelers own the Ravens and it kills him. He can't stand watching us go to yet another Super Bowl at his expense.

They go out and make all kind of free agent moves to better their receiving corps (Bouldin, Housh, and Stallworth), and then our 3rd round pick from last year and our rookie 3rd and 6th round picks from this year go and totally outplay their veteran free agents. I guess being a Ravens fan that would make you hate the Steelers. But all I got to say is don't hate for being great.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:31 AM   #6
GMU Steeler
Team Owner

Member Number: 16173

I swear all the Ravens and their fans do is whine. Jeez, I'd respect them if they just moved on after losses and even though I'm a homer, I can concede they're a good franchise. We got screwed in the Jacksonville playoff game a few years back but you didn't see our players and coaches whining the way these fools do. The Ravens like the Bengals who blamed Palmer's injury five years ago need to look at themselves. There is no excuse at all for that third quarter they have. I mean they had a combined -1 yard that qhole quarter and three consecutive turnovers. Harbaugh's a whiner of hte highest level. It pains me to say this but I may actually respect Belichick more than him. You didn't see Belichick blaming the refs or making excuses after the Jets beat them.
GMU Steeler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:35 AM   #7
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,096 Times in 569 Posts

Ok, so they call a false start and go back 5, who says the Steelers wouldn't have scored on the next play? its John Harbaugh. I do not remember the Ratbirds doing this much whining until his ass came to the team. Mr "we blew it" every time he loses. Really? Every team blows it when they lose, so stop blowing it if you keep losing. No one told Boldin and TJ to drop passes either.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:53 AM   #8
steelerchad
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 5792

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
Ok, so they call a false start and go back 5, who says the Steelers wouldn't have scored on the next play? its John Harbaugh. I do not remember the Ratbirds doing this much whining until his ass came to the team. Mr "we blew it" every time he loses. Really? Every team blows it when they lose, so stop blowing it if you keep losing. No one told Boldin and TJ to drop passes either.
Yeah, and if we don't score we kick the winning field goal and win by 3 instead of 7. Ravens were at midfield and would have still had to go for it on 4th down and 18 as they were not close to field goal range.
steelerchad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:47 AM   #9
MDSteel15
Team President

Member Number: 8170
My Mood: Blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelerchad View Post
Hey Baltimore,

How about not blowing a 14 point second half lead?
Harbaugh is the biggest douche in the NFL. The Steelers own the Ravens and it kills him. He can't stand watching us go to yet another Super Bowl at his expense.

They go out and make all kind of free agent moves to better their receiving corps (Bouldin, Housh, and Stallworth), and then our 3rd round pick from last year and our rookie 3rd and 6th round picks from this year go and totally outplay their veteran free agents. I guess being a Ravens fan that would make you hate the Steelers. But all I got to say is don't hate for being great.
This is what I love about our organization that we still "do it the old fashined way, We Earn It..." by building a team, not buying a team!!!
MDSteel15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:54 AM   #10
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850

Exactly, a 5 yard penalty, Steelers probably still would have scored. Even if it was a field goal, Ravens would have been stopped regardless on their next drive.

"To win a game, first you have to not lose the game" - John Madden
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote