Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Locker Room

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-25-2011, 02:55 PM   #31
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921
Default Re: 9/11 comments to Jets fans uncalled for

wow, what a bunch of ass holes. some people just dont get that its just a game. every city has there low life morons and there are ours. anyone who starts a fight or makes a comment like that because someone is rooting for a different team then the one they like should be locked up forever. trash talking is one thing but this is another. i can care less who someone is rooting for. i used to have friends from baltimore who watched all the baltimore/steeler games at my place and of course there is innocent trash talk but there was never anything close to a fight or push. i dont know if your story is true or not but if it is then i think the low life that wrote on the wall deserves an ass kicking
Old 01-25-2011, 02:57 PM   #32
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

[
Jets fans came here and infused some much needed cash flow into this city, and to be hear jokes about a terrorist attack is completely sickening.

Well, there's always one jack*** in every crowd.....you've went to Philly, right?

As far as your little "dig" you threw in there about "much needed cash flow" into the city, while not a resident myself (i hope to be sometime in the future though...), you do know :
1. Pittsburgh was one of the very few American cities who weathered the recession nearly unscathed (numerous, numerous articles from Forbes, Economist, national news and many others have reported and wrote about this......)
2. Pittsburgh is constantly ranked at or near the top of "america's most livable" cities, taking home numerous # 1 rankings
3. Pittsburghs newfound boom's in healthcare and IT among others have led the charge
4. the sports teams produce a TON of revenue for the city already, even without influx of foreign fans

Any city...doesn't matter how well they are doing, can always use influxes of traveler's cash. But your dig of "much needed cash flow" sounded like Pittsburgh was a "detroit or buffalo" or something....which is the furthest thing from the truth. Thats the only part of your rant that i had a real problem with.
Yes...the fan who said something like that is a douche.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 02:57 PM   #33
Deserei90
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17069

I know the 9/11 joke was uncalled for, but I've been to NY 3 times last year. New Yorker's are by far the most arrogant people I've ever encountered. I've been to Heinz Field before and I rarely see that type of behavior happening. It like never happens. You probably ran into a person that was drunk and you can't necessarily assume the person was from PGH, because alot of Steelers Fans was coming from different cities and countries. You might think I'm biased, because I'm from PGH, but I've never seen anything like that before. To be honest wit you, you'll run into a few jerks hear and there at times. It's America!. I don't see how this will stop you from coming back to PGH. I run into a few jerks in NY, it don't stop me from going back anytime I want. That's just life.
Old 01-25-2011, 02:59 PM   #34
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManhattanJet View Post
Agreed. Theres guaranteed to be bad people in every crowd, NY certainly not excluded.
100% true.

Quote:
I really am not here to cause trouble. Was just looking for honest feedback and wondering if this was typical behavior.
I honestly don't think you are here to cause trouble, but I don't think it was to look for honest feedback either. What do you expect us to say? "Yup, that's just how everyone is here." There are assholes in every stadium, in every city...you had the misfortune of sitting near some overly drunk ones.

Not sure what good posting on a message board about it will do though. Should we find them and beat them up?

Quote:
To those who think I'm making this up, its your right not to believe me and I can't force you to think otherwise.

I'm a passionate fan who came out to the game to support my team and wasn't looking to pick any fights.
I believe this (sort of) as well...but it's a message board. There's always a chance that you're just here to stir the pot. I can't even say with certainty that you're from Manhattan or are a Jets fan...you're using a proxy server lol. Nothing is 100% true on the internet.

Quote:
Mods you can go ahead and lock this if it's going to start fights, not my intention. Hope you guys have a safe trip to Dallas and enjoy your stay there. Good luck and God Bless America.
Thanks for the well wishes. I doubt it'll start any serious fights though...just people sticking up for their city, just like you would.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 03:00 PM   #35
TRH
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserei90 View Post
I know the 9/11 joke was uncalled for, but I've been to NY 3 times last year. New Yorker's are by far the most arrogant people I've ever encountered. I've been to Heinz Field before and I rarely see that type of behavior happening. It like never happens. You probably ran into a person that was drunk and you can't necessarily assume the person was from PGH, because alot of Steelers Fans was coming from different cities and countries. You might think I biased, because I'm from PGH, but I've never seen anything like that before. To be honest wit you, you'll run into a few jerks hear and there at times. It's America!. I don't see how this will stop you from coming back to PGH. I run into a few jerks in NY, it don't stop me from going back anytime I want. That's just life.

Then you ain't been to the Boston area. I had to live there for 2 years. Ruder than NY'ers, but not as 'classy' or as 'soprano-like' lol
Old 01-25-2011, 03:00 PM   #36
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

to answer the question, Had I been there, and heard a single joke thrown at a Jets fan that was tied in someway to the events of September 11th, 2001, I would have attacked the person making the comment as if he was the one that crashed the plane. Tossing team loyalty Aside, we are All Americans First.

So that is why I find it so hard to fathom such a thing being said.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:04 PM   #37
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,195 Times in 500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
Then you ain't been to the Boston area. I had to live there for 2 years. Ruder than NY'ers, but not as 'classy' or as 'soprano-like' lol
Agreed. Their chest are puffed out bigger than pop-eyes and some even had me hating my own kind at some points (Americans.) When I got back to Pittsburgh, it was one big sigh of relief. I just don't think this Jets fan gets that this happens everywhere, not even at sporting events. I also find it funny that he is scolding us and bringing it to our intention like the other "Steelers are scum" activist. Whatever, keep on hatin'. Like I said, it sucks you had the experience because I didn't see any kind of activity like I've seen in other stadiums. If you've seen what I've seen, let alone heard (and there was a woman in here talking about N.Y asking her to take her top off) then you'd literally set yourself on fire.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:05 PM   #38
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 9302

So you realize it's not representative of the whole city, much like the rude New Yorkers are not, yet you won't set foot in the city or spend another dime there?

Sort of contradictory huh?

YES, ALL PITTSBURGHERS ARE ASSHOLES JUST LIKE THAT, THEY ALL HATE 9/11 AND WILL MAKE FUN OF NEW YORK FOREVER FOR IT.

Come on, really, you needed to start a thread to find out if this behavior is commonplace? Really?

Sorry you had a bad experience, what I call bullshit on is that you made a thread to find out if that was normal behavior. Either you're dumb or you just sound dumb on the internet.
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 03:05 PM   #39
TRH
Living Legend

[QUOTE=StainlessStill;907387]Agreed. Their chest are puffed out bigger than pop-eyes and some even had me hating my own kind at some points (Americans.)

True. But i can tell you most of all of them fold as soon as they are confronted like the big wimps they all are
Old 01-25-2011, 03:06 PM   #40
Deserei90
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17069

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
Never been, but heard things about them. They sound so stuck up in Boston.