Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 01-25-2011, 03:42 PM   #1
fer522
ACERERO

Archery 2000 Champion! Archery Champion! Galaxians Champion! Apple Shooter Champion!
Member Number: 16190
Thanked 1,987 Times in 899 Posts
My Mood: Cool
Default Cowboys owner Jerry Jones: 'Hard for me to draw up' a better Super Bowl matchup

More on this story MOBILE, Ala. — Cowboys owner-general manager Jerry Jones put on his bravest of faces Monday and welcomed the Green Bay Packers and Pittsburgh Steelers to a Super Bowl at his ballpark.

“With what the Packers are about and what the Steelers are about, it makes for a great game,” Jones said after observing the North team’s workout at the Senior Bowl. “If you’re in my shoes right now as far as Cowboys Stadium is concerned, I’m really proud that they’re going to be there. I’m proud for North Texas.

“It would have been hard for me to draw it up any better.”

A Green Bay-Pittsburgh Super Bowl amounts to a subtle jab at the Cowboys.

This will be Green Bay’s third appearance since the Cowboys last reached the Super Bowl in the 1995 season. Pittsburgh will be going for its third championship in the last six seasons and seventh in franchise history. The Cowboys are second, with five Super Bowl wins. The Cowboys also have only one playoff win in the last 15 seasons.

Before the season, Jones repeatedly raised the possibility of the Cowboys becoming the first team to play a Super Bowl in its home ballpark. That possibility vanished well before Thanksgiving, putting Jones in the spot of having to be a gracious host to clubs that got what he wanted.

“There’s nothing tough about it at all,” Jones said. “I’d like to have been the first and only team ever to have played in their own [stadium in the] Super Bowl, but I knew the odds on that one.”

hard for me to believe that

here's the link to the whole story
http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/sup...wl-matchup.ece
fer522 is offline   Reply With Quote