Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 01-26-2011, 12:49 AM   #11
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850
Default Re: Big Ben is supposely The "Evil" QB going into The SB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahpalinhater View Post
Two things: One, no one is ever PROVEN Innocent. Innocence is ALWAYS Presumed in this country. And two: Charges were never dropped. In order for that to have happened there first would have had to been a arrest, or Ben being Indicted.

Just educating you a little my Steeler Brother
Why do you always attack me? Yeah "proven not guilty" and "proven innocent" are pretty interchangable when you just want to get a point accross.

Yeah my mistake. She accused him of rape but she didn't file the charges. Are you happy now?

Just a side note, I'm a criminal justice major, I know exactly what happened, I just fail at english and communication so I make mistakes, just don't be a snob and correct someone for a little mistake, its rude.

"To win a game, first you have to not lose the game" - John Madden
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:57 AM   #12
El Nino
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17899

most people i know are going against the steelers because they think we 'won enough already'. i keep telling em this league isn't a handout league. you get to the championship, you deserve to be there! there's 15 other teams in the afc, it's up to every one of them really to stop us from getting there.
El Nino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:06 AM   #13
Deserei90
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17069

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
most people i know are going against the steelers because they think we 'won enough already'. i keep telling em this league isn't a handout league. you get to the championship, you deserve to be there! there's 15 other teams in the afc, it's up to every one of them really to stop us from getting there.
Yeah, They think the Steelers get it handed to them on a silver platter.
Old 01-26-2011, 01:12 AM   #14
MikeHaullace
Starter

Member Number: 16733
Cool Re: Big Ben is supposely The "Evil" QB going into The SB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionslicer View Post
Just a side note, I'm a criminal justice major, I know exactly what happened, I just fail at english and communication so I make mistakes, just don't be a snob and correct someone for a little mistake, its rude.
Just a side note; I'm a criminal justice major. I know exactly what happened, however I fail at english and communication. Thus, I make mistakes. Don't be a snob and correct someone for a little mistake; it's rude.

MikeHaullace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 02:33 AM   #15
pitt0wns
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15034

Kobe Bryant anyone?
pitt0wns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 03:42 AM   #16
SacknificentStew56
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16658

Nobody's perfect and he's been accused but never found guilty. You're right about how some people can't let things go. But what they're forgetting is that he is a proven winner who has the recipe for success. Continue to want him to lose and he'll keep on proving his doubters wrong.
SacknificentStew56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 06:53 AM   #17
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

you guys need to realize this isn't 2005 any more.. we aren't the Cinderella story with the fairytale ending hanging in the balance (Bettis). this time we are coming off two Super Bowl wins and our QB is one of the most hated players in the league, whether it's justified or not. the tables have turned and now the Packers are the feel-good story as the 6th seed and Aaron Rodgers is the toast of town. to take it a step further, people want the Packers and Rodgers to win to stick it to Favre, another player nobody likes much any more.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:09 AM   #18
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpro11 View Post
you guys need to realize this isn't 2005 any more.. we aren't the Cinderella story with the fairytale ending hanging in the balance (Bettis). this time we are coming off two Super Bowl wins and our QB is one of the most hated players in the league, whether it's justified or not. the tables have turned and now the Packers are the feel-good story as the 6th seed and Aaron Rodgers is the toast of town. to take it a step further, people want the Packers and Rodgers to win to stick it to Favre, another player nobody likes much any more.
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:15 AM   #19
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,670 Times in 2,621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionslicer View Post
Its obvious Ben put himself in a situation, but its also obvious he didn't do anything and the charges were dropped.
Its funny how when a celebrity gets accused, people believe 100% they did it even if proven innocent, but when your best friend gets accused of something it was someone elses fault or they were set up...
What is obvious is that Ben had the good fortune to have the case with a DA who actually thought it was necessary to have evidence that established beyond a reasonable doubt that a crime was committed before the DA would seek an indictment.

Not all DAs play the game that way when celebrities are involved (e.g. - Ray Lewis was indicted for murder in Atlanta, pleaded out to an obstruction of justice charge, and the jury acquitted his co-defendants - makes you wonder whether a different DA with different standards would have indicted Lewis in the first place)

Ben was not found innocent and probably ended up writing a significant check to the woman he shared a bathroom with in Milledgeville - he simply was not indicted

This is all going to be churned up again next week but I assume Ben and the team have the scripted responses down after going through the drill with the media in training camp and when Roethlisberger returned in October
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 07:19 AM   #20
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,670 Times in 2,621 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjpro11 View Post
Spot on

Steelers probably are in the same place the Patriots were when they lost to the Giants - most folks without a strong rooting interest in either team will be rooting for Green Bay.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote