Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-26-2011, 09:01 AM   #1
DFWSTEELERFAN
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 10970
Default Tired of the Jets fans "Jets kicked their tails in the second half!"

I just think it's funny. We basically go run, run, pass on every possesion to run out the clock and totally take the foot off the throttle. They really think they they did something great in the second half to shut us down. My grandma could have played D coordinator in the second half and shut down the Steelers when you know exactly what was coming. That said, I think we did the right thing. When you are up 24, you just milk the clock.

A win is a win...
DFWSTEELERFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:05 AM   #2
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206
Default Re: Tired of the Jets fans "Jets kicked their tails in the second half!"

well.....basically this more like what happened :
--we kicked their tails far worse in the 1st half, than they kicked ours in the 2nd half
--we made a terrific goal line stance and a couple other key defensive plays in the 2nd half
--we made a few critical plays on offense in the 2nd half as well

So either way you look at it....at the end of the day....we still played better and deserved the WIN
TRH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:11 AM   #3
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911
Default Re: Tired of the Jets fans "Jets kicked their tails in the second half!"

I hope they seal the man-hole cover when they retreat to their homes
Old 01-26-2011, 09:15 AM   #4
cloppbeast
Team Captain

Member Number: 16124

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWSTEELERFAN View Post
I just think it's funny. We basically go run, run, pass on every possesion to run out the clock and totally take the foot off the throttle. They really think they they did something great in the second half to shut us down. My grandma could have played D coordinator in the second half and shut down the Steelers when you know exactly what was coming. That said, I think we did the right thing. When you are up 24, you just milk the clock.

A win is a win...
The Jets still couldn't stop Ben and the offense on the last drive when it counted.

Emmitt Smith said: Great players aren't always great, they're great when they have to be.
cloppbeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:35 AM   #5
DrunkFlea
Water Boy

Member Number: 2110

The two 3rd down passes on our final drive tell the real story.

Playing like that when the game was truly on the line proved to me what the second half was really about. Jets did a great job adjusting at the half but make no mistake.. the Steelers were just running out the clock.
DrunkFlea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:35 AM   #6
FanSince72
Team Owner

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 2,089 Times in 898 Posts

And which team is going to be appearing in its EIGHTH Super Bowl?
FanSince72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 09:48 AM   #7
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkFlea View Post
The two 3rd down passes on our final drive tell the real story.
Ryan would've swallowed his pride, and had 'the Sanchize' hand-off on basic running-plays
Old 01-26-2011, 10:00 AM   #8
kirklandrules
Team Captain

Member Number: 8659

When I'm driving down the road and run over a squirel, I don't turn around to look at it. The Steelers don't look in their rearview mirror either. They focus on the road ahead. Those who were run over by the Steelers machine can kick in circles until the life beats out of their worthless carcasses as we continue down our road singing HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!!
kirklandrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:08 AM   #9
ZoneBlitzer
Team President

Member Number: 16775
My Mood: Mellow

Make no mistake. The Steelers hung on for dear life. I've been watching them do that all year. They struggle to put teams away and seem to be uncomfortable in the lead. If they go behind early in the SB, I'll feel more relaxed.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:38 AM   #10
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitzer View Post
Make no mistake. The Steelers hung on for dear life. I've been watching them do that all year. They struggle to put teams away and seem to be uncomfortable in the lead. If they go behind early in the SB, I'll feel more relaxed.

you mean "if they go UP early in the SB", right?
But yes, what you are saying is true. We go into that damn relaxed state of defense, which i'll NEVER understand, and let teams drive straight down the field, with no problem, and let them right back in the game. This happened too many times this year....i'm very surprised we didn't get burned more often on this and lose some more games.
TRH is online now   Reply With Quote