Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 01-26-2011, 10:49 AM   #11
El Nino
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17899
Default Re: Tired of the Jets fans "Jets kicked their tails in the second half!"

yes they did, too bad the game is for 4 quarters and we kicked their tails worse in the 1st half.

besides I wouldn't call it a tail kicking. we had a goaline stand on them and didn't give up the big plays other than ikes slip on santonio. we were playing to bleed the clock and did just that.
El Nino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:38 PM   #12
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319
Default Re: Tired of the Jets fans "Jets kicked their tails in the second half!"

The Steelers for the last 2 years have struggled to put teams away when they form a big lead. It's funny because if the Steelers are up by a 3-10 points or down 3-10 points I'm confident. But when they have a big lead, lately, I'm still nervous. I know for a fact from just playing high school football, that when you blow a team completely out in the first half, it's hard to be pumped up in the second. I think that played a role.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:42 PM   #13
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanda10506 View Post
The Steelers for the last 2 years have struggled to put teams away when they form a big lead. It's funny because if the Steelers are up by a 3-10 points or down 3-10 points I'm confident. But when they have a big lead, lately, I'm still nervous. I know for a fact from just playing high school football, that when you blow a team completely out in the first half, it's hard to be pumped up in the second. I think that played a role.

Pittsburgh could have been up 48-0 at the end of the 1st half and would have found a way for the score to be 48-46 with 2 minutes left.........
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 12:46 PM   #14
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

Seems like it's that way sometimes. The most frustrating this year was the Bengals game. I think it's something they will get past soon though.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 01:14 PM   #15
Bubbabanjo
Banned

Member Number: 15711

Which entitles them to one bucket of balls at the drivin range!!

J....E.....T....S...........LOST LOST LOST!!!

Just no hate for the Jets.............Beatin the Ravens feels wayyyyyyyyyyy better. Sure they feel the same with the stinkin Pats and Bellichump.
Bubbabanjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 02:24 PM   #16
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 03:43 PM   #17
SteelSurf
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 8015

As always,the Steelers are another story. They are gritty, grimy, pick-axe tough and dangerous. Are they living under a bridge? Who really knows? Are those self-made prison tattoos? Who Really knows? Is the Steeler Defense joking about the mix of what looks like blood and dirt on that shovel in the back of the pickup? Again... Who knows? You don't mess with the Steelers because they are that crazy,knuckle dragging rough guy who chugs grain alcohol and looks like he could snap at any moment.You don't mess with "that" guy.You don't talk smack or piss him off.

The Jets knew this and as such, leading into last week's AFC title game, the Jets have spent the week
kissing Pittsburgh's ass. And I think the reason is that the Jets know that while they want to be perceived as a hard-nosed, physical, violent football team, they know Pittsburgh has been playing that way for nearly half a century.

If the NFL was a college, the Jets would major in almost.
SteelSurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 04:17 PM   #18
sharkweek
Head Coach

Member Number: 14205

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
Pittsburgh could have been up 48-0 at the end of the 1st half and would have found a way for the score to be 48-46 with 2 minutes left.........
there's a point where you could theoretically just start kneeling it down and then punting so that you eat up at least 2 minutes off the clock every possession.

48 points is at the very least 6 possessions (6 TDs + 6 two point conversions) which means at least 12 minutes off the clock leaving the other team only 3 minutes per drive to score a TD + 2 point conversion. If they miss a TD and a 2 point conversion on any drive that's another drive they need to make up the score and another 2 minutes off the clock due to kneel-downs.

Not going to happen.
sharkweek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 04:19 PM   #19
BengalDestroyer
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16598

yeah, they kicked our tails, and then we turned around and laughed, saying better luck next time, we still have more points
Old 01-26-2011, 04:54 PM   #20
Steelrule
Water Boy

Member Number: 15881

Play to win, the whole darn game, and I'll be happy no matter what the outcome. Keep your cleats on their throats and never let up. We haven't had a good SB blow out since Tampa blew out the the Raiders (2003). Last year looks like a blow out (31-17) but it was still a 1 point game with 5 mins left.

I consider a blow out those game such as Baltimore spanking New York, 49ers spanking San Diego, Dallas spanking Buffalo - twice, San Fransicso laying wood to the Bronco's, then Washington doing it two years later, and the Giants doing it to them again the next year. It seems most of the spanking have been at the expense of the AFC. Time to exact a little revenge.
Steelrule is offline   Reply With Quote