Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-26-2011, 03:06 PM   #1
SteelKnight
Team President

Member Number: 16119
Default Steelers Class Amazing

Is it me or do the Steelers players set a new standard for class.

It seems like each Steeler is trying to maintain a standard of kindness and professionalism. Even though they all come from different backgrounds, it even seems like they are all trying to speak correct English and not emphasize "Steet cred" or be thuggish like the Ravens.

Santonio just didn't fit.

The Steelers don't have the "just be yourself" motto. We've had some bad apples in the past but we let them go. I think when you have well spoken articulate leaders like Hines in the locker room, it shows that you can be well spoken, kind, and still have respect and not be considered soft.

Am I being a homer or is this true?
Old 01-26-2011, 03:11 PM   #2
steelers33
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17599
Default Re: Steelers Class Amazing

Yes, the Steelers are definately one of the more classy organizations in the NFL. Starts with the Rooneys at ownership to hiring quality personnel. With that being said, Big Ben did hurt our reputation as a classy observation because of his actions in the offseason. I hope he has really changes even though I think his reputation might be tarnished forever. I don't know how many times I've heard our team is led by a rapist.
steelers33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 04:06 PM   #3
BengalDestroyer
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16598

I agree 100% SteelKnight, I think it's a reflection of our coach - Mike Tomlin. I'm positive that's why we chose him over Kenny Wiz.... Tomlin's classy, and I too have noticed the character that ALL of our players show. Good eye.
BengalDestroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 04:14 PM   #4
SteelKnight
Team President

Member Number: 16119

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalDestroyer View Post
I agree 100% SteelKnight, I think it's a reflection of our coach - Mike Tomlin. I'm positive that's why we chose him over Kenny Wiz.... Tomlin's classy, and I too have noticed the character that ALL of our players show. Good eye.
You look at Santonio dropping negative hints towards is OC and Cromartie cursing purposely or Suggs middle finger T-shirt while talking with the media and you just know our guys would not do that. They know some of their fans are kids. I'm just proud of them.

I didn't even know about the nude pictures of Santonio on the internet until after he was released. Not very Steeler like. So long Muck city.
Old 01-26-2011, 04:16 PM   #5
BengalDestroyer
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16598

Right on
BengalDestroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 04:36 PM   #6
SeinfeldNut
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17822

Couldn't agree more, they all carry themselves as gentleman and act professional. All is a credit to the Rooneys and Coach Tomlin for instilling a standard for character and integrity for the entire team and organization. Makes me an even prouder fan of this team.

Class, Integrity, Character
SeinfeldNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 04:47 PM   #7
GMU Steeler
Living Legend

Member Number: 16173

It may sound corny but one of the reasons why I've become such a big Steelers fan is in large part becasue fo the Rooneys. The Chief grew up in the same part of hte Burgh that my dad's mom did and her family was Irish too. I also have memories of my mom's dad, the man who got me in football in the first place just telling me that the Rooneys treated their players right and that appaaled to me so I ended up becoming a STeelers fan instead of a Skins fan. Irony is Skins fans think I'm a bandwagoner but when I chose the team the Skins had at least in recent history been more successful in my lifetime. Tomlin is a great guy too. I am glad we hired him. And yeah we have a lot of good guys as players as well. Polamalu is an as good guy as he is football player.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote