Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 04-30-2006, 03:45 PM   #1
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302
Default 2006 Steelers

Looking ahead I am very optimistic. We lost El, and upgraded in the draft with Santonio Holmes who actually gives us the deep threat that we all wanted so bad last season. This may take alot of heat off of Hines Ward.
We lost Chris Hope, but probaly at very least stayed equal if not upgraded, in free agency and draft, anothe plus for us.
Kimo is gone but Keisel should work out just fine, he is alot younger, and in a 3-4 we really don`t expect alot out of our two DE.
Bettis, will be missed off the field more than on I hope. His replacment, cross your fingers is Staley if he stays healthy we will not miss a beat.And Ben is ready to take over as one of the team leaders, and captain
Most importantly to me, we finally had a great season and did not lose a coordinator, this is huge.

These are the Pittsburgh Steelers for 2006 that we love! I am pumped can`t wait for training camp. Lets get it on.
Old 04-30-2006, 04:07 PM   #2
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70
Default Re: 2006 Steelers

Staley is the lone question mark here, and only becuz of his health. Holmes will be and equal and upgrade to ARE once he gets acclimated to our system. Keisel is a monster and has pro bowl potential written all over him. Ryan Clark is a smart hart hitting safety that can pick up the signals really well so there shouldnt be much if any drop off there once he learns our defense.

We addressed depth on the OL, WR, DE/LB, QB, so yeah I wish we'd have landed a decent RB for depth but other than that, bring on 2006!!
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 04:24 PM   #3
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,842 Times in 2,096 Posts

holmes has got to be a HUGE upgrade over el. w. ried will adequately replace him in the return game. jerome will never be replaced. with players like hines, ben, porter and faneca, we have a leg up on replacing his leadership in the locker. not only has jerome been teaching willie how to run, he has been teaching ben how to LEAD. ben coming through on his promise to get jerome to detroit is all the proof any steeler needs that ben is their leader.

i think the one who will be missed most is suprisingly c. hope. his skill level on the field may be replaced but like jerome, he was one of the favorites in the locker room. troy and ike both speak highly of him and how he was the glue of the defense and instrumental in their development and he has been called the funniest one in the locker room. not that this is a huge deal but i must give hope credit for his chemistry factor.

over all i saw the steelers get stronger and show dedication to their starters. noones replacement was drafted. not w. parkers, haggans, footes, or porters, keisels or okolbis, or i. taylors and t. polamalu's.

being as smart as pittsburghs f.o. is, dont discount the fact that they are figuring a way to keep all the aformentionned players.

plus their special teams has gotten stronger.

other than holmes this draft may not turn out any superstars but it will definitely keep us right on track. great drafting in the past has made this one not as significant as it is to other teams.
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 04:34 PM   #4
melroseplace
Team Captain

Member Number: 520

I can't wait to see the new rhythm get going and see how the new guys fit in...sounds like we've got a great group on our hands
Old 04-30-2006, 04:52 PM   #5
SteelCityMan786
SF's Youngest Legend

Member Number: 541

This looks like to be the year The NFL has their first ever 6 Super Bowl Winner. The only thing as BRC pointed out is if Duce will be healthy. Other than that this looks like a team who will get no. 6 this year.

786 Ways To Score Touchdowns
SteelCityMan786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 05:21 PM   #6
siss
Team Captain

Member Number: 1611

Training camp is 3 months away! I can't wait!

He's ready, Steelers fans. His ordeal over, his return will be complete come Saturday in Arizona, when football again becomes the focus and a career briefly interrupted resumes.
~SI aticle 2006~
siss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 05:23 PM   #7
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689

I agree that we could have another SB championship team, if Duce can stay healthy. Oh god, I'm worried about our running game. Yikes!
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 05:25 PM   #8
Prosdo
Banned

Member Number: 86

I like that we picked up Humes. I feel better now that we added someone.
Prosdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 05:27 PM   #9
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689

Yep, I definitely agree that we needed to add someone. I'm just hoping he develops well.
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 05:46 PM   #10
Tim
Starter

Member Number: 661

Well, you've got ESPN folks thinking that Jamal Lewis is going to have some sort of miraculous come-back year, so maybe Duce can too. He's definately a damn good player when he's healthy.
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote