Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 04-30-2006, 06:01 PM   #11
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689
Default Re: Cleveland priority No1 Pittsburgh

The Browns are putting too much emphasis on their 41-0 whoopin' by the Steelers instead of focusing on long-term goals as an entire team, in my opinion.
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 06:01 PM   #12
j-dawg
Team Captain

Member Number: 2228

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevestinks
Wrong just because a one team beats aanother means squat, sometimes matchup are exposed more between two teams thann the rest of the NFL, or we might of had an off day. Like the old saying, Even a blind dawg finds a bone now and then.
And we were just recently crowned world champs again, if you knew this city it is 24/7 if they were to win just one game and it was against the Steelers they would have felt that they had a succesful season. It is the teams mentality, and the fans for sure. They never talk 10 wins, they only talk beating the Steelers. If they were to lose to the steelers twice big deal if you are headed for the playoffs. Number one concentration should always be wins, not teams. You get 16 games to stake your claim on a playoff berth, if you want to use us as motivation and not wins fine, but after the first loss is your season over??? Think about rationally, wins are what matters. I want the Steelers to win 12+ games, who they lose to, big deal, just get to the dance.

hey man, i grew up in cleveland, my entire family lives in cleveland... i visit 3-4 times a year. i'm sure there's a bunch of browns fans who "only" want to beat the steelers, but not every fan feels that way. there's no way the organization thinks only in terms of JUST beating the steelers. savage has been clear, we have to win within our division. we only won one game in our division last year. the steelers are the team to beat... i'm thinking you might be reading into this to much...
Old 04-30-2006, 06:10 PM   #13
j-dawg
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerzGirl
The Browns are putting too much emphasis on their 41-0 whoopin' by the Steelers instead of focusing on long-term goals as an entire team, in my opinion.

i don't think that's the case... we're looking at our weaknesses from last season and building from there... i think we made productive free agency and draft pick acquisitions... the only emphasis we're putting on the 41-0 whoopin' is that we don't want it to happen again this season... we're not trying to find players to counter ONLY the steelers... we're trying to find players who will help us win more games.
Old 04-30-2006, 06:14 PM   #14
Milkman
Starter

Member Number: 1055

Who cares what the Clowns and their fans think...the Stillers are "still" the team to beat!

Us against the world...STILL!
Bring it suckas!
Milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 06:18 PM   #15
j-dawg
Team Captain

dude, that's what i've been saying... you're the world champs... the team to beat....
Old 04-30-2006, 06:30 PM   #16
nwksteeler
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 2304

The Browns and Steelers are an old time rivalry. They always have the Steelers on their mind. Actually I think they are building in our image. Their selections were all players that fit the "Steeler" model.
nwksteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2006, 06:39 PM   #17
SteelerzGirl
Banned

Member Number: 689

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-dawg
i don't think that's the case... we're looking at our weaknesses from last season and building from there... i think we made productive free agency and draft pick acquisitions... the only emphasis we're putting on the 41-0 whoopin' is that we don't want it to happen again this season... we're not trying to find players to counter ONLY the steelers... we're trying to find players who will help us win more games.
I agree that the Browns have been very productive this off-season, and I'm very much looking forward to them being a team to be reckoned with in the AFCN. Although the 41-0 whoopin' of the Browns this past year was a nice Christmas present for the Steelers and a great game for us to enjoy on Christmas Eve, it wasn't much of a game. I personally enjoy a good, well played game by both teams, although sometimes it is nice to have a game that Steelers fans can relax and enjoy stress-free, as well as make fun of their crazy fans who run out onto the field...(lol).
SteelerzGirl is offline   Reply With Quote