Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 01-26-2011, 10:11 PM   #1
sarahpalinhater
Banned

Member Number: 17609
Default Green Bay's passing attack is NOT better then ours!

Why are alot of people out there insisting that the Packers offense, and especially their passing game is SOOO much better then ours ? I mean that is ridiculous.
Okay yeah I know if one looks at the numbers right now it will say the Packers averaged 257.1 yards per game passing. And the Steelers 225.8.

But why aren't those same people not figuring our first 4 games without Ben ? I mean if you figure Ben had 3200 passing yards in 12 games this season, well what is 3200 divided by 12 ?...what ?, 266.6 Yards per game ? And last time I checked, that's better then the Packers 257.1 isn't it ?

I mean everyone is so busy sucking up to " Capt America "a.k.a.....Aaron Rodgers,,,or as I like to call him...." Jake Gyllenhaal 2.0 "...and dogging out Ben for what they say was a horrible performance against the Jets last weekend, they totally have forgotten that Ole Jakey Boy pretty much sucked it up against the Jets as well earlier this year.
Not unless completing 15 passes on 34 attempts for 170 Yds, and zero TD's is Impressive ?

And all this talk about how their WR core is SO MUCH better then ours....why ? I mean their top-4 WR's during the season did outgain ours, but only barely, 3,090 Yds for Green Bay to 2,900 Yds for ours. Their 4 did score 23 Td's to our 19. But that's not bad considering how much more we try to run down close to the goalline. As where the Packers mostly wanna pass,pass and pass just to UP Ole Jakey Boy's stats.

So again fellow Steeler fans, all this talk about how the Packers pass offense is so much better then ours, and how we can't stop their " Spread " offense is just plain
ridiculous!
sarahpalinhater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:19 PM   #2
SeinfeldNut
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17822
Default Re: Green Bay's passing attack is NOT better then ours!

Agree, plus the Packers when up against a great defense has not done great. Take a look at the game against the Jets earlier this year, they won that game despite themselves with 3 FGs. In the last 2 meetings with the Bears they have struggled to have a consistent offensive throughout the game. They will have their moments but they seem to hit a lull in these games, thats where the Steelers offense has to take advantage. The Steelers will be ready for what the Packers want to do. Even if Green Bay take move the ball down the field, the Steelers are more than capable of holding them out of the endzone.

Class, Integrity, Character
SeinfeldNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:45 PM   #3
SH-Rock
Living Legend

Member Number: 15497
Thanked 2,914 Times in 1,135 Posts

Well more people are on the hype of that Rodgers has been playing phenomenal in the past 4-5 games, but the Bears did a good job showing that he too is mortal. The Packers really miss Jermichael Finley so we should and conversely I think Heath should have a huge game.
SH-Rock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:46 PM   #4
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Jennings is an ALL-PRO...
Old 01-26-2011, 10:47 PM   #5
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 2,149 Times in 863 Posts

Fact of the matter is, is that Green Bay is HOT right now. They started the season hot, fluctuated between a mediocre and good team, looked bad some weeks and then got some help in the NFC in controlling their own destiny. Pittsburgh has played the same style of ball all year and has remained consistent.

With that said, Green Bay has like 16 guys on injured reserve, one involving their star running back and a tight end who could be mis-match nightmares for a defense. Rodgers certainly has the arm to torch anyone downfield, but their o-line is suspect still and Rodgers is known to hit the turf quite easily. They have a nice passing attack, but I'd like to think we do too.

Our speed on offense is incredible. I think that's being VASTLY overlooked.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:05 PM   #6
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,125 Times in 4,605 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltheone View Post
Jennings is an ALL-PRO...
jennings- 76rec/1265yds/12td
wallace- 60rec/1257yds/10td
Old 01-26-2011, 11:18 PM   #7
sarahpalinhater
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
Fact of the matter is, is that Green Bay is HOT right now. They started the season hot, fluctuated between a mediocre and good team, looked bad some weeks and then got some help in the NFC in controlling their own destiny. Pittsburgh has played the same style of ball all year and has remained consistent.

With that said, Green Bay has like 16 guys on injured reserve, one involving their star running back and a tight end who could be mis-match nightmares for a defense. Rodgers certainly has the arm to torch anyone downfield, but their o-line is suspect still and Rodgers is known to hit the turf quite easily. They have a nice passing attack, but I'd like to think we do too.

Our speed on offense is incredible. I think that's being VASTLY overlooked.

I agree with you. But Injuries are not our fault. I mean you act as if we haven't had our share of Injuries either. And yes Finely out is huge cause our team has had trouble with good opposing TE's. Which is why I feel we have a chance to stop them up close, in the red zone where WR's like Jennings and Jones will have a hard time to get open close to the goalline. That's where a guy like Finely and his height and athleticism could help. So even though I agree that the Packers might move the ball at times on us from the 20 to the 20, once Inside that, we could hold them to FG's which would be huge for us.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:23 AM   #8
ZoneBlitzer
Team President

Member Number: 16775
My Mood: Mellow

There really is no comparison here. GB passing game is head and shoulders above the Steelers. They have a QB who can release the ball at will using perfect form and delivery from a variety of steps and angles. Their receiving corps is also superior as well especially when it comes to experience and size. The Steelers passing game has struggled for stretches throughout the year. It is most successful in the hurry-up. Last week during the Jets game the Steelers had -3 yards passing in the second half - that, combined with Ben's poor passing numbers should tell the story.
ZoneBlitzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:35 AM   #9
sarahpalinhater
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitzer View Post
There really is no comparison here. GB passing game is head and shoulders above the Steelers. They have a QB who can release the ball at will using perfect form and delivery from a variety of steps and angles. Their receiving corps is also superior as well especially when it comes to experience and size. The Steelers passing game has struggled for stretches throughout the year. It is most successful in the hurry-up. Last week during the Jets game the Steelers had -3 yards passing in the second half - that, combined with Ben's poor passing numbers should tell the story.

Too bad the numbers don't prove you right. And mine do! Oh BTW, did you see Rodgers numbers against the Jets ? As for our 2nd half passing against the Jets, that's not Ben's fault, that was our coaches fault. I mean they only called 5 total passes for Ben in the 2nd half.. I mean even after it was clear that the Jets were stacking 9 fuys at the Line to DARE the steelers to pass, Tomlin still chose to run, run and run.

Pittsburgh passing yards per game = 266.6
Green Bay's passing yards per game = 257.1

So how exactly are they better again
Old 01-27-2011, 01:38 AM   #10
lionslicer
Team President

Member Number: 12850

Greenbay's offensive coordinator, which happens to be their head coach, is 10 times better than Bruce Arians... Doesn't matter what players they have with all the injuries, they make it work.
I believe in my heart that the Steelers defense can hold them, but statistically and skill wise of the greenbay coaching staff, I find the Steelers at a disadvantage.

"To win a game, first you have to not lose the game" - John Madden
lionslicer is offline   Reply With Quote