Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2011, 06:09 PM   #21
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter
 
StainlessStill's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 3,416
Gender: Male
Member Number: 12999
Thanks: 435
Thanked 1,147 Times in 476 Posts
Default Re: Super Bowl fight card: Clay vs. Big Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBpack2010 View Post
Big Ben is really good in the clutch. That is why I hope the game isnt close and he doesnt have the ball last. He is one of the best qbs in the clutch. I have to give the guy alot of credit. He is very underrated.
He'll never get the respect he deserves, especially dealing with his off the field issues. People can't seem to separate that from his on field accomplishments, which is okay with us because I've watched every snap the man took under center since his rookie year and the types of plays he made simply is amazing. Just when you think he can't make a play better than the last, he goes out and makes it.. plays that DON'T pick up on the stat sheets.

You have a quarterback poised to be great as well. I predict this won't be your last Super Bowl appearance with Rodgers leading your team.
__________________
"I believe the game is designed to reward the one's who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!" -Jack Lambert
StainlessStill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 06:12 PM   #22
GBpack2010
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 343
Member Number: 17949
Thanks: 2
Thanked 216 Times in 71 Posts
My Mood: Busy
Default Re: Super Bowl fight card: Clay vs. Big Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
He'll never get the respect he deserves, especially dealing with his off the field issues. People can't seem to separate that from his on field accomplishments, which is okay with us because I've watched every snap the man took under center since his rookie year and the types of plays he made simply is amazing. Just when you think he can't make a play better than the last, he goes out and makes it.. plays that DON'T pick up on the stat sheets.

You have a quarterback poised to be great as well. I predict this won't be your last Super Bowl appearance with Rodgers leading your team.
I think Rodgers is already great. I mean he has put up great numbers the first three years in the league. He led us to the super bowl in his 3rd year as a starter.
GBpack2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 06:14 PM   #23
BengalDestroyer
Bench Warmer
 
BengalDestroyer's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 323
Gender: Male
Member Number: 16598
Thanks: 0
Thanked 6 Times in 5 Posts
Default Re: Super Bowl fight card: Clay vs. Big Ben

__________________
“Some people think football is a matter of life and death. I assure you, it's much more serious than that.”
BengalDestroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 06:17 PM   #24
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter
 
StainlessStill's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 3,416
Gender: Male
Member Number: 12999
Thanks: 435
Thanked 1,147 Times in 476 Posts
Default Re: Super Bowl fight card: Clay vs. Big Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBpack2010 View Post
Big Ben is really good in the clutch. That is why I hope the game isnt close and he doesnt have the ball last. He is one of the best qbs in the clutch. I have to give the guy alot of credit. He is very underrated.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBpack2010 View Post
I think Rodgers is already great. I mean he has put up great numbers the first three years in the league. He led us to the super bowl in his 3rd year as a starter.
Judging by what we've seen so far, he's on pace but he is STILL has a lot to prove and needs to ring out multiple more seasons with the same kind of success's. 3 years is way, way pre-mature to credit him with anything just yet but there's no doubt he's a gem and at this very moment, he's certainly top 5. It's up to him in the middle-stages of his career to advance his success.
__________________
"I believe the game is designed to reward the one's who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!" -Jack Lambert
StainlessStill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 06:21 PM   #25
GBpack2010
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 343
Member Number: 17949
Thanks: 2
Thanked 216 Times in 71 Posts
My Mood: Busy
Default Re: Super Bowl fight card: Clay vs. Big Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
Judging by what we've seen so far, he's on pace but he is STILL has a lot to prove and needs to ring out multiple more seasons with the same kind of success's. 3 years is way, way pre-mature to credit him with anything just yet but there's no doubt he's a gem and at this very moment, he's certainly top 5. It's up to him in the middle-stages of his career to advance his success.
I hope he can. Man if he stays healthy we could be a dynasty if he continues this kind of success but our O line and defense need to be great every year as well. You think he is another Peyton Manning type qb?
GBpack2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 06:32 PM   #26
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter
 
StainlessStill's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 3,416
Gender: Male
Member Number: 12999
Thanks: 435
Thanked 1,147 Times in 476 Posts
Default Re: Super Bowl fight card: Clay vs. Big Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBpack2010 View Post
I hope he can. Man if he stays healthy we could be a dynasty if he continues this kind of success but our O line and defense need to be great every year as well. You think he is another Peyton Manning type qb?
As far as style? Absolutely not and that's not a bad thing. As far as meaning huge to the team, I'd say so to a degree. Unlike Peyton (who played in a much tougher conference his whole career), Rodgers has a pretty good defense and before Grant got hurt, it looked like Rodgers would be even more dangerous with a balance type attack.

He struggled behind an offensive line that wouldn't let him plant his feet and Green Bay certainly did fluctuate between good, bad and great but judging by how he led the team to a playoff birth and the type of numbers he's put up in the playoffs, if they can draft around him and put him in a comfortable situation with talent then G.B has a shot at many runs. Their potential is huge but the Pack wasn't close to being dominant this season.
__________________
"I believe the game is designed to reward the one's who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!" -Jack Lambert
StainlessStill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 06:41 PM   #27
Packerstud
Draft Prospect
 
Packerstud's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 85
Member Number: 17932
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Super Bowl fight card: Clay vs. Big Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
They also, like any other team, can go from a 5-2, to a 3-4, to a 4-4, to a 4-3 the second the ball is snapped. Defense's like ours disguise alot, it's just the matter of the offense determining who's coming and who's fibbing.
Again outstanding knowledge of the game.

I'm basically looking at your last game and our [Packers] last three games. I see lots of opportunities for Capers to exploit.

Just because Capers and LeBeau spent sometime of their carrers working together and Capers coached you D 15 years ago means absolutely nothing.

I truly believe that this game will come down to Capers against your suspect O Line.
__________________
Packerstud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 06:47 PM   #28
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter
 
StainlessStill's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 3,416
Gender: Male
Member Number: 12999
Thanks: 435
Thanked 1,147 Times in 476 Posts
Default Re: Super Bowl fight card: Clay vs. Big Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packerstud View Post
I truly believe that this game will come down to Capers against your suspect O Line.
Very, very, very funny you say that. I'm on record in saying that the matchup of the game in favor if the Steelers want to win would be the Steelers defensive line VS the Packers O-line.

I've seen Rodgers sit back there and pick apart defense's non-stop, but I also saw him fall to the ground with ease and be tormented MANY times under a good amount of pressure.

If the Steelers can push the Pack line into his face and make him force his timing off and skip balls to his WR's, then I think the Steelers D can have their way with the Pack since they will most likely be one-dimensional. If we can't get a slight rush & if our blitz is picked up, I expect a long day for the Steelers D. Will be interesting.
__________________
"I believe the game is designed to reward the one's who hit the hardest. If you can't take it, you shouldn't play!" -Jack Lambert
StainlessStill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 06:50 PM   #29
cubanstogie
Head Coach
 
cubanstogie's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 1,568
Member Number: 3082
Thanks: 24
Thanked 64 Times in 40 Posts
Default Re: Super Bowl fight card: Clay vs. Big Ben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packerstud View Post
Again outstanding knowledge of the game.

I'm basically looking at your last game and our [Packers] last three games. I see lots of opportunities for Capers to exploit.

Just because Capers and LeBeau spent sometime of their carrers working together and Capers coached you D 15 years ago means absolutely nothing.

I truly believe that this game will come down to Capers against your suspect O Line.
you could say thats the beauty of our o-line, every team has got to Ben. He is used to it and can still make the plays. I would still like to see him with time to throw don't get me wrong but I consider Ben to be one of the best if not the best QB at handling pressure. After all he is used to it. Our best weapon against your pass rush will be our running game. Everyone talking about Rodgers' advantage on the quick turf in which I agree but no one is considering the Mendy advantage on the turf. The fact that we are not one dimensional will help our banged up line protect Ben.
cubanstogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 06:52 PM   #30
GBpack2010
Bench Warmer
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 343
Member Number: 17949
Thanks: 2
Thanked 216 Times in 71 Posts
My Mood: Busy
Default Re: Super Bowl fight card: Clay vs. Big Ben

We have lost to much weaker teams though. You guys have lost to top teams in their divisions like the Saints, Pats, and Baltimore. I really think we can beat you guys but it will be the toughest playoff game we have so far.
GBpack2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts