Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-26-2011, 10:07 PM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default The ladies love Troy Polamalu's jersey

The ladies love Troy Polamalu's jersey
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shu...urn=nfl-312967
By MJD

The best-selling women's jersey is that of Pittsburgh Steelers safety Troy Polamalu, according to sales figures from NFLShop.com.

What makes Polamalu so popular among lady viewers? His sensitive and kind disposition? His unisex hairstyle? The fact that women can easily preview what their jersey will look like with long hair covering up the name?

Probably none of the above, actually. Polamalu is just as popular among men, as he has the best-selling jersey in that demographic, too. The Steelers are a popular team nationwide, and Polamalu's one of the faces of the franchise.

It probably also helps his jersey sales that the other face of the franchise, Ben Roethlisberger(notes), has done some things that might make a public showing of support for Roethlisberger a little less palatable. He doesn't rank in the top 25 for either gender.

If you're wondering about guys more popular among women than among men, a guy Polamalu will be facing in the Super Bowl tops that list. Aaron Rodgers(notes) is fourth on the women's list and seventh on the men's. Dallas Cowboys also see a rise in popularity among the fairer sex: Tony Romo(notes), Jason Witten(notes) and the very handsome Miles Austin(notes) are all higher on the women's list than the men's.

More popular among men than women is Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Michael Vick(notes). He's sixth on the men's list and 14th on the women's.
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:26 PM   #2
USWSteel
Banned

Member Number: 17495
Default Re: The ladies love Troy Polamalu's jersey

Where's Ben jersey rank these days ?
USWSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:30 PM   #3
Merchant
Team Captain

Member Number: 15019

Quote:
Originally Posted by USWSteel View Post
Probably not high on any list, but I read that at one point during the summer it was as low as $10 and wasn't selling, and now it's back up to full price and selling at a steady pace.
Old 01-26-2011, 10:36 PM   #4
MattsMe
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2044

Quote:
Much higher than USWSteel.
MattsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:37 PM   #5
sarahpalinhater
Banned

Member Number: 17609

Quote:
Not in the top-10 like Michael Vick, or Ray Lewis. So I guess that PROVES that there are alot of Black Ghetto homies out there stealing the money of GOOD White people just to buy the jersies of a convicted Dog killer. And a guy who pled guilty to conspiracy to destroy evidence in a Murder. Meanwhile Ben...was he ever arrested, charged or convicted of ANYTHING ?

Gee I guess that's why his Jersey isn't selling. Cause he is not a " Gang-Bangin " Homey like the other two huh ?
sarahpalinhater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:41 PM   #7
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,309 Times in 3,647 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahpalinhater View Post
Not in the top-10 like Michael Vick, or Ray Lewis. So I guess that PROVES that there are alot of Black Ghetto homies out there stealing the money of GOOD White people just to buy the jersies of a convicted Dog killer. And a guy who pled guilty to conspiracy to destroy evidence in a Murder. Meanwhile Ben...was he ever arrested, charged or convicted of ANYTHING ?

Gee I guess that's why his Jersey isn't selling. Cause he is not a " Gang-Bangin " Homey like the other two huh ?
More "sarcasm" or just some good ol' racism?
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:45 PM   #8
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Quote:

Really?!?

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:48 PM   #9
MattsMe
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2044

Quote:

MattsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 10:48 PM   #10
sarahpalinhater
Banned

Member Number: 17609

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
More "sarcasm" or just some good ol' racism?

No, neither. Not racism, but realism. I mean who do you think are buying their jersies ?....White women ? No my response was more...stupidism....just like Arnold's was. Didn't mean to offend. I just wish that he got off Ben's back when it has been PROVEN that the women who cried Rape have both been proven liars. And if you doubt me, try reading the GBI reports on Ben. See how many times that girl, and her two friends changed their strories in a 24 hour period. And how they were caught in lies. But yet Idiots like this guy continue to hark on Ben. No way, no how he is a Steeler fan. I can guarantee you that.
sarahpalinhater is offline   Reply With Quote