Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-27-2011, 12:49 PM   #11
Mavajo
Banned

Member Number: 17970
Default Re: Woodson's Prediction to Obama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelthe#1dynasty View Post
Our players are listening and will use the press as extra motivation. .
Your guys need extra motivation to get up for a Super Bowl? Doesn't bode well for you then.
Mavajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:51 PM   #12
Mavajo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 6 Rings View Post
They are a very confident bunch of guys...but the fact is, they are arrogant too. That championship Belt crap that Rodgers always does when he scores...and this one...

Preseason...dressing up like Cowboys cause they were heading to "Texas" for the Super Bowl...

http://host.madison.com/sports/footb...c74231326.html

its not like the Packers are a bunch of "nice humble guys"
You take yourself too seriously. The Championship Belt thing is a tongue-in-cheek joke that started in practice. He tries to keep the team loose by not taking himself too seriously. Same thing with the cowboy gear. Lighten up, francis.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:53 PM   #13
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavajo View Post
Your guys need extra motivation to get up for a Super Bowl? Doesn't bode well for you then.

No, they just love it when opposing players make stupid predictions like that. I mean, it's great that Woodson is confident and all, but you can tell that he doesn't have an "act like you've been there before" attitude. Which is fine I guess, unless they lose. Then he'll just look like an even bigger jackass.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 12:58 PM   #14
Mavajo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post

No, they just love it when opposing players make stupid predictions like that. I mean, it's great that Woodson is confident and all, but you can tell that he doesn't have an "act like you've been there before" attitude. Which is fine I guess, unless they lose. Then he'll just look like an even bigger jackass.
He actually has been there before.

Also, the signature was a good-nature jab at the President. Obama picked the Bears to beat the Packers last week, and said he would go to the Super Bowl if the Bears won. So Woodson said if Obama doesn't want to come see the Packers, then the Packers will come see him.

Again, quit taking yourselves too seriously. Talk about "act like you've been here before". Sheesh. What a tighly-wound bunch you are.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:01 PM   #15
Sixburgher
Banned

Member Number: 17648

So Woodson thinks his team will win. I would hope so.
Sixburgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:02 PM   #16
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

Quote:
You take yourself too seriously. The Championship Belt thing is a tongue-in-cheek joke that started in practice. He tries to keep the team loose by not taking himself too seriously. Same thing with the cowboy gear. Lighten up, francis.
Oh, I take myself VERY Seriously...and I hope we snap both his arms and break his Spine In two so the only belt left in his life is the one holding him to the gurney when he gets dragged off the field a bloody beaten mess.

How you like that? Let me Introduce Myself...I'm Dino...

and this week...I HATE THE PACKERS!!!
Old 01-27-2011, 01:04 PM   #17
Mavajo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino 6 Rings View Post
Oh, I take myself VERY Seriously...and I hope we snap both his arms and break his Spine In two so the only belt left in his life is the one holding him to the gurney when he gets dragged off the field a bloody beaten mess.

How you like that? Let me Introduce Myself...I'm Dino...

and this week...I HATE THE PACKERS!!!
You're probably a bit retarded. Get that looked at.
Old 01-27-2011, 01:05 PM   #18
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,055 Times in 473 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packerstud View Post
“See you at the White House . . . Go Packers!”

Gotta love it!
24-21?

What, your defense isn't planning to score any points?

And for a team that brags about that defense, you're allowing for 21 points scored against you?

Doesn't seem all that confident to me.

Or at least not confident enough to warrant all that animated graphic crap anyway. But hey, who am I to criticize?

After all, the Packers have 14 Championships to their name.

Of course all but one of them came before Neil Armstrong walked on the moon and the one that came after that happened just before Braveheart won an Academy Award for Best Picture. So yeah, there's a whole lot for you guys to be gettin' all jiggy about and planning your trip to D.C. and all.

Never mind the fact that most of the guys who were on the Steelers last SB winning team (that was just two years ago, remember?) are still here and actually have some real-life history to draw from instead of the kind of history you get from a dusty old record book, but again, who am I to criticize?

So by all means keep noshing on that Limburger (or whatever that crap is you wear on your heads) and keep your chins up because I'll admit that once in a while fairy tales can come true...

...just not this time.

This time it's just business as usual for the Steelers. Get to the SB, beat the living shit out of the opponent and collect the trophy with your old boss' name on it.

Sorry, we Steeler-types don't deal with fairy tales.

We deal with reality.
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:05 PM   #19
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts

Quote:
He actually has been there before.

Also, the signature was a good-nature jab at the President. Obama picked the Bears to beat the Packers last week, and said he would go to the Super Bowl if the Bears won. So Woodson said if Obama doesn't want to come see the Packers, then the Packers will come see him.

Again, quit taking yourselves too seriously. Talk about "act like you've been here before". Sheesh. What a tighly-wound bunch you are.
Yes, I know why he said it. It's been mentioned in several stories.

You seem to be taking it seriously as well...or else you wouldn't feel the need to jump on here and defend him like he's your girlfriend or something.

Sorry we aren't "loose" enough for you. Sheesh. Talk about ego.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 01:05 PM   #20
Dino 6 Rings
Living Legend

Member Number: 6891

Quote:
You're probably a bit retarded. Get that looked at.
Oh yeah...I'm so retarded.

Exactly how do you get "being retarded" looked at?

I hope Harrison Rips the Ball out of Rodgers Arm and instead of running it back for a TD, Stops to SHOVE IT Down Aaron's throat and then carries his body to the endzone on his shoulder and spikes Rodgers down after the Refs rule it a Defensive Touchdown!