Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-28-2011, 09:44 AM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default LeBeau shoots down report linking him to Arizona

LeBeau shoots down report linking him to Arizona

By Mark Kaboly
PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Friday, January 28, 2011

Two years ago during Super Bowl week, Dick LeBeau was said to be contemplating retirement. This year, ESPN reported that LeBeau is interested in joining good friend Ken Whisenhunt in Arizona.

However, the Steelers' 73-year-old defensive coordinator made it clear that, if he returns to the sideline next season, it won't be in the desert.

"You're going to be waiting a long time to see that," LeBeau said Thursday when asked why he wasn't wearing an Arizona Cardinals shirt at the Steelers' practice facility.

LeBeau told the NFL Network on Wednesday: "I promise you: If I'm coaching, it will be the Pittsburgh Steelers."

LeBeau is in the final year of his contract. Typically, the Steelers renew assistant coach contracts every two years. Even though a new contract isn't in place, the players aren't worried that LeBeau will defect.

"I hope that is just a dirty rumor going around," linebacker James Farrior said. "He wouldn't look good. That man is a Steeler. I don't think he has a desire to go anywhere else. This is the best job in the world. He loves being here. He wouldn't trade it for the world." (ESPN = "dirty rumor" - mesa)

LeBeau has won two Super Bowl titles and has numerous top-ranked defenses on his resume. His unit was ranked in the top three in 14 categories this year, including a team-record 62.8 rushing yards allowed per game.

"Coach LeBeau isn't worrying about nothing but this Super Bowl and preparing this defense," cornerback Ike Taylor said.

Taylor said he can't imagine LeBeau with another team.

"I can't even see him doing that," he said. "I don't want to see him doing that. I wouldn't want to see him go anywhere else, (but) then again, that's on Coach LeBeau."

Mark Kaboly can be reached at mkaboly@dailynewsemail.com or 412-664-9161.

Read more: LeBeau shoots down report linking him to Arizona - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...#ixzz1CLDW91ZU
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote