Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 05-06-2005, 11:28 AM   #21
hardwork
Banned

Member Number: 342
Default Re: Time to get Offensive...

Hey, you wanna keep it up, ok. I think it's dumb, and embarrassing for you guys, but if you want to continuing smacking heads when you haven't done anything in 27 years it's fine with me.
hardwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2005, 12:12 PM   #22
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302

I will say this, I want another Superbowl Championship . I am a little jealous of the Pats, because they have 3 of 4. And jealous of anyone who wins because I want the Steelers to win. Do I have the right to be jealous because we already have FOUR, probably not but oh well. To me the ring is the number one goal. without question. But there is so much more, I run a Steelers Fan club for OHIO. If we were 2-6 half way through the season, our club wouldn`t be much fun, we would still watch, we would still root, but our balloon would be a little deflated. Our crowds would shrink a little, because we may not be some, but we do have some fair weather fans. The Steelers made this season fun, bad ending but for 5 months we had a ball, and this happens here alot, it is great being a Steelers fan. Even with the let downs only one team wins it all. It will be our team this year I know this, don`t ask how I just do. Pats run is over, not for good, Bill will rise again in Boston, but we are the team to beat, Not Philly, Not NE, Not Atlanta,Not SD, never Cleveland. We are the team.
Old 05-06-2005, 05:37 PM   #23
hardwork
Banned

Talking Re: Time to get Offensive...

FOUR? Your team doesn't have FOUR. Your coach doesn't have FOUR. None of your players have FOUR. Those FOUR Super Bowls belong to another team, other players, a different coach, during a different time. These Steelers are no more a reflection of those Super Bowl teams than the current Celtics are a reflection of Celtic teams that won those 16 NBA championships.

Get over yourselves, and your pedigree, and get down in the mud with the rest of us. You guys remind me of some of the students you see walking around Harvard Square. They think because they inherited money, and social status, they actually know something. From now on I'm going to call you the Pittsburgh Haaaarvards.

Last edited by hardwork; 05-06-2005 at 05:42 PM.
Old 05-06-2005, 06:02 PM   #24
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Hey dumb ass, aka hardwork, Our four were a hell of alot more pure than your also. Our aren`t to be considered our because they were so long ago? At least every player on our roster was homegrown, played every game of their pro career with the Steelers, drafted or college free agents. What you call yours? Is a team that was free agents from all over, use them for a year here and there, I would take OUR FOUR over your three anyday, HOF after HOF on that team. No coaches from that team left? What Dick Hoak, Been with the Steelers for over 750+ games as a player or coach, Hwow about Mean Joe Greene who is still on our staff. How about owners who have owned the team since 1933. How about the Best Damn Fans in the Country. You know shit about the Pittsbugh Steelers, don`t act as if you do. You wish that would let you in to our Steelers Fraternity. But your just a pats fairweather fan, as far as I`m concerned. I`m sure you weren`t looking for a Steelers web site before the pats starting winning.
Old 05-06-2005, 07:50 PM   #25
hardwork
Banned

"1933" LOL, here we go. The Pittsburgh Haaaarvards. "Back in 1877, when my great great grandaddy owned the railroad.................."
Old 05-06-2005, 08:05 PM   #26
hardwork
Banned

"At least every player on our roster was homegrown"

Don't you mean steroidgrown, ya bleepin' carpetbagger.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:14 PM   #27
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

I forgot who I was talking, I`m sure your one of those Stuffy, Yuppie type Harvard pricks, that just happens to think they know everything. Around here not shit alright. Now all our players were on steroids but not the pats of the 70`s right. Oh yah you have class act players like Zeke Mowat shving his package in a female reporters face, Nice, Class Act!
Old 05-06-2005, 08:41 PM   #28
hardwork
Banned

How's your turnpike sniping program coming along? Any new prospects?

When the Steelers come to town I always have my bullet proof windshield installed.
Old 05-07-2005, 12:08 AM   #29
ironcitychef
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 109

I have come to the determination that when I have kids I will teach them to be good losers and good winners. I hate when you start up a section just for fun and people start getting huffy over nothing. We can argue all day and not solve anything cause when it comes to smack you got two rules. King of the Hill and Dynasty. For Dynasty, you can talk all the smack you want if your team has won more than anyone else ever in the same league. See Canadians, Yankees, etc. You will always have a case. Then you have current champ under King of the Hill. Yes NE you are the champs until someone beats you. But when we do that this year and you still don't have more total Super Bowl wins than us, who will you cry to then? God Forbid we win this year cause then we can stake claim to both Smack Talking Championship Belts.
Old 05-07-2005, 01:03 AM   #30
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Know this.. Super Bowl trohies which reflect an NFL Champion... knows no era, no 1 individual, they timelessly reflect a year when your TEAM was the best of the best, and like it or not, we were the best of the best 4 times ! No one can ever take that away from us, the city, the former and current players and coaches, and the fans!
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote