Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-30-2011, 11:30 AM   #1
quiggle
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 17945
Default New York Post Terry Bradshaw interview

The Post's Steve Serby chatted with the Fox "NFL Sunday" studio analyst, who will be working next Sunday's Super Bowl and won four of them as the quarterback of the Steelers.

Q: Your relationship with Ben Roethlisberger?

A: I don't know him. My sense is he doesn't like me. I sense being around him, he doesn't care anything about me or getting to know me.

Q: What did you tell reporters who asked you years back about what you thought of him riding his motorcycle?

A: "Park the motorbike. You can ride it when the season's over. You can drive it into a wall when you retire, nobody will care." Four months later he had that wreck, remember? We don't even have a relationship.

Q: Does that bother you?

A: No! I'm 62 years old, you kiddin' me? The only thing I care about is my family.

Q: Will you sit down with him this week?

A: I've been told we're trying to sit down with him. I'm not sure that he'll sit down with me. I want to sit down and interview him.

Q: What would you ask him?

A: I'll obviously bring up the past offseason, and how it affected his life, and the transition he's made. I'll ask him about everything you think I should ask him about. It could be when I bring it up, he'll tell me, "It's none of your [bleeping] business. I think I have to ask that question and have him tell me to "kiss my [bleep]" . . . It's not personal.

Q: If Art Rooney owned the Steelers, would Big Ben still be the quarterback?

A: I believe if the old man had been alive, he would have traded him. He would not have put up with that. It wasn't all about winning championships with him. He would not have tolerated it. He would have given Ben a chance. The second time, I think, would have been too much.

Q: Roethlisberger the quarterback?

A: He's accurate . . . determined . . . he's poised . . . makes great plays in big games . . . unflappable . . . competitive as hell . . . strong as hell. He's such a throwback. He's a Joe Kapp-Roman Gabriel kinda guy.

Q: Hall of Fame?

A: I think he's in the Hall of Fame now.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_...PDixL4MzPa5BfO
quiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 12:14 PM   #2
chacha
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15976
Default Re: New York Post Terry Bradshaw interview

I love Terry but he really needs to get over the fact that Ben doesnt worship him
Old 01-30-2011, 12:29 PM   #3
fer522
ACERERO

Archery 2000 Champion! Archery Champion! Galaxians Champion! Apple Shooter Champion!
Member Number: 16190
Thanked 2,373 Times in 1,047 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

i don't see anything wrong with his answers
may be he's saying things we don't wanna hear
but that'sjust how he feels and i'm ok with it
fer522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 12:31 PM   #4
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,487 Times in 3,732 Posts

It's going to be a long week -

If Ben is forced to sit down with #12 for an interview (I would say **** off if someone who said he would have traded my ass wants to interview me), look for a typical suck up/chuckle fest from Terry, who should have been released by Fox years ago for someone who played in the NFL since the early 80s

"A Joe Kapp/Roman Gabriel kind of guy"? -- for those of you too young to remember, Kapp & Gabriel were big, physical guys with the passing touch of an offensive tackle

As far as speculating about what The Chief would have done, Bradshaw knows that: 1) by the time Bradshaw had arrived in 1970 The Chief had turned over running the team to his sons, meaning that Bradshaw has no clue as to The Chief's management style (Art Sr. wanted to draft Marino and was ignored); and 2) assuming The Chief called the shots on personnel decisions during the 70s, players such as Ernie Holmes were allowed to stay with multiple transgressions (Holmes shot at the police copter in 1973 and was arrested for coke possession in the 75-76 offseason but was allowed to stay until his play deteriorated in 1977)

Bob Smizik has described Bradshaw as one of the biggest phonies that Smizik has encountered in his 4 decades of covering Pittsburgh sports (remember when Brdshaw pointed to the sky to The Chief in his HOF induction speech but blew off paying his respects when The Chief passed?)

Bradshaw illustrates as much as Roethlisberger that you can be a great player on the field and jerk off it

Once again, I am not defending #7 for his loathsome conduct in Georgia, just observing some of his critics might consider vacating their glass houses before tossing rocks - nobody gives a damn #7 does not have a relationship with #12, who did his best to distance himself from the Steelers for 20 years after he retired

Last edited by Atlanta Dan; 01-30-2011 at 12:41 PM.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 01:07 PM   #5
fer522
ACERERO

Archery 2000 Champion! Archery Champion! Galaxians Champion! Apple Shooter Champion!
Member Number: 16190
Thanked 2,373 Times in 1,047 Posts
My Mood: Mellow

Quote:
It's going to be a long week -

If Ben is forced to sit down with #12 for an interview (I would say **** off if someone who said he would have traded my ass wants to interview me), look for a typical suck up/chuckle fest from Terry, who should have been released by Fox years ago for someone who played in the NFL since the early 80s

"A Joe Kapp/Roman Gabriel kind of guy"? -- for those of you too young to remember, Kapp & Gabriel were big, physical guys with the passing touch of an offensive tackle

As far as speculating about what The Chief would have done, Bradshaw knows that: 1) by the time Bradshaw had arrived in 1970 The Chief had turned over running the team to his sons, meaning that Bradshaw has no clue as to The Chief's management style (Art Sr. wanted to draft Marino and was ignored); and 2) assuming The Chief called the shots on personnel decisions during the 70s, players such as Ernie Holmes were allowed to stay with multiple transgressions (Holmes shot at the police copter in 1973 and was arrested for coke possession in the 75-76 offseason but was allowed to stay until his play deteriorated in 1977)

Bob Smizik has described Bradshaw as one of the biggest phonies that Smizik has encountered in his 4 decades of covering Pittsburgh sports (remember when Brdshaw pointed to the sky to The Chief in his HOF induction speech but blew off paying his respects when The Chief passed?)

Bradshaw illustrates as much as Roethlisberger that you can be a great player on the field and jerk off it

Once again, I am not defending #7 for his loathsome conduct in Georgia, just observing some of his critics might consider vacating their glass houses before tossing rocks - nobody gives a damn #7 does not have a relationship with #12, who did his best to distance himself from the Steelers for 20 years after he retired
i will have to admit that i did not know many of the things he talked about
but now that i do i hope he won't get that interview
thanks ATLANTA DAN
fer522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 01:22 PM   #6
SeinfeldNut
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17822

I could only imagine how awkward that interview would be, hopefully that interview never happens. Both should keep to their own lanes.

Class, Integrity, Character
SeinfeldNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 01:22 PM   #7
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447

Quote:
Originally Posted by chacha View Post
I love Terry but he really needs to get over the fact that Ben doesnt worship him
I didn't see anything wrong with what TB said. I pretty much agree with everything he said. Ben doesn't seem to like him for whatever reason and TB couldn't care less.
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 01:25 PM   #8
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

[QUOTE=chacha;910667] but he really needs to get over the fact that Ben doesnt worship him[/QUOTE

+1.
i appreciate Terry for his Pittsburgh-years, but honestly, i really don't like the guy. To be more frank, i think he's an a-hole. His constant 'anti-Pittsburgh' rhetoric in recent years has really worn on me and annoyed the HELL out of me. If i was Ben, i'd be a little stand-offish around Terry as well, with some of the comments he's made w/out even knowing Ben.
I hope Terry doesn't get the interview.....let one of the other guys do it.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 01:31 PM   #9
realdeal
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10935

Big Ben will go down in history as a better qb with more SB titles!! That whack job needs to start taking his meds!!
realdeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 01:36 PM   #10
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdeal View Post
Big Ben will go down in history as a better qb with more SB titles!! That whack job needs to start taking his meds!!

I hear ya. He more often than not embarrasses himself, especially on interview/talk show type shows. Its "cringe-inducing" listening to him make a fool of himself.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote