Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Browns Bills
September 7, 2014, 1:00pmET

CBS

Old 01-31-2011, 11:30 AM   #51
MDSteel15
Team President

Member Number: 8170
My Mood: Blah
Default Re: New York Post Terry Bradshaw interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
It's going to be a long week -

If Ben is forced to sit down with #12 for an interview (I would say **** off if someone who said he would have traded my ass wants to interview me), look for a typical suck up/chuckle fest from Terry, who should have been released by Fox years ago for someone who played in the NFL since the early 80s
Why? It's probably the truth! The old man didn't take shit from nobody!!!
MDSteel15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:43 AM   #52
caseyviator
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 17468
Default chasing tail when ur in ur 20s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Third Rail View Post
Here's what I don't get about some of Bradshaw's comments. If he actually believes Ben is guilty of rape, then that is one thing. I know that some of us do and some of us don't. But the general consensus, at least among Steeler fans right now and the NFL players (i.e. NOT the media, which thrives on sensationalism) seems to be that Ben acted like a moron and had a drunken hook-up in a bar and it blew up in his face.

Now, I remember reading interviews with Terry where he described his young life, chasing after skanks in bars around Pittsburgh until he realized he was ruining a great opportunity. So why the hell is he acting like he was a choir boy back then? Granted, he was never accused of rape, but if Ben's worst crime is that he had a tendency to chase tail in the off-season, why is Terry getting on his high horse?

I kind of do hope the interview happens, though. Maybe it will clear the air between them. I don't know if Ben has been rude to Terry, or whatever. But how much have they truly interacted? I don't know, does Terry routinely come to Steelers games or drop by training camp?
this is bens worst crime, chasing women in ur 20s.we all did this, we all were stupid,we had fun actually probably the best times of peoples lives are in their 20s...
these girls are just after money and fame period..

i believe everyone is jealous of a guy like ben who is younge and strong and superrich...they try and hold him to a higher standard which is stupid cause all this kid is and he is just a kid,,, is a football player. its not like hes a wall street banker or ceo..he is a kid in the candy store..bradswaw is sooooo bitter sumone may take his legacy as any of us would be...nobody wants to be tied or beatin in bradshaws position... i like bradswaw though and i dont mind if he hates ben or not..if i could have bradswaw or ben at qb it would be ben, even though i really like terry bradswaw.. i always liked him on tv and his movies are good imo!!
caseyviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 12:07 PM   #53
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

[QUOTE=caseydog;911038]That is WAY out of line. Terry Bradshaw was one of the guys who took the Steelers from nothing to the best of the best. He has more than earned the right to say what he wants to say about Ben.

That has NOTHING to do whether Terry's a nice guy and/or a stand-up guy. Nothing. Yeah, he led us to 4 SB's a long time ago.
Since? He's continually berated the city, trashed the city, and very rarely compliments our players (aside from Noll and a few others from that era..), and continually embarrasses himself on TV with that howling laugh/chuckle, wanna-be comedian thing that no one thinks is funny. Ever watch him on the Leno show? OUCH.
He hasn't "earned the right" to talk s*** about Ben whenever and whatever he wants to or any other player for that matter.
Ya know, the fans are appreciative of his career and efforts.......i've always wondered why Terry couldn't step up and start appreciating the city of Pittsburgh, the fans, and current players. Its seemed like a one-sided show.

I
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 01:16 PM   #54
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 6,382 Times in 2,924 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDSteel15 View Post
Why? It's probably the truth! The old man didn't take shit from nobody!!!
The "old man" wasn't running the team by the time Bradshaw arrived in 1970 - Dan and Art, Jr. were - if Art Sr. was running the team until he passed his request to draft Marino in 1983 would not have been ignored

And as far as Bradshaw contending managment of the team in the 1970s was not primarily about winning championships, players of lesser importance to that team than Roethlisberger is to the current team were given multiple chances to screw up - most fans recall Ernie Holmes did not miss any time after shooting at a police helicopter in1973, but not as many recall he was not disciplined (and certainly not traded) after he was arrested in Texas during the 1976 offsason for cocaine possession (a big deal back then) - Holmes was not dumped until after the 1977 season when his play fell off - if Bradshaw is to be believed Holmes should have been dumped after the coke bust

But as far as telling Bradshaw to buzz off, I would not sit down with him if I was Roethlisberger because Bradshaw has been saying Roethlisberger shoudl be traded, not because Bradshaw is claiming The Chief would have dumped #7.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 02:19 PM   #55
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447

Bradshaw has a hidden anti-Ben agenda, it's obvious. He doesn't want Ben to overtake him as the greatest Steelers QB of all times. It's not the case yet but it's clear Ben has all the cards in hand to pass him in the near future. This is something Bradshaw clearly has a problem with.
Plus, why the heck is he berating the City of Pittsburgh? Have you ever heard Marino badmouthing Miami, or Montana talking sh*t about SFO?
The guy's a jerk. Great QB, no doubt, but a jerk nonetheless.
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 02:23 PM   #56
zulater
Team Owner

Member Number: 5296

Quote:
Originally Posted by plenewken View Post
Bradshaw has a hidden anti-Ben agenda, it's obvious. He doesn't want Ben to overtake him as the greatest Steelers QB of all times. It's not the case yet but it's clear Ben has all the cards in hand to pass him in the near future. This is something Bradshaw clearly has a problem with.
Plus, why the heck is he berating the City of Pittsburgh? Have you ever heard Marino badmouthing Miami, or Montana talking sh*t about SFO?
The guy's a jerk. Great QB, no doubt, but a jerk nonetheless.
Terry's the same as he always was, that's why very few of his ex teamamtes have anything to do with him.

But I still like Terry, he was a great player, he's just always has had insecurity issues and probably always will. .
Old 01-31-2011, 02:37 PM   #57
kirklandrules
Team Captain

Member Number: 8659

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiggle View Post
Q: If Art Rooney owned the Steelers, would Big Ben still be the quarterback?

A: I believe if the old man had been alive, he would have traded him. He would not have put up with that. It wasn't all about winning championships with him. He would not have tolerated it. He would have given Ben a chance. The second time, I think, would have been too much.
His response is an insult to Art II. Basically, he's saying the new ownership doesn't live up to the standards of Grandpa Rooney. That's bull. There were things that occurred under Art I that didn't result a knee jerk reaction. Bradshaw acted like a flake during his early days with the team and always looks up to the sky and thanks the Chief for his support (because the Chief didn't dump him as he suggests would have happened to Ben). I like Bradshaw and respect his opinions and with respect I say this opinion of his sucks.
kirklandrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:17 PM   #58
Kanata-Steeler
Team President

Member Number: 15552

"Q: Roethlisberger the quarterback?

A: He's accurate . . . determined . . . he's poised . . . makes great plays in big games . . . unflappable . . . competitive as hell . . . strong as hell. He's such a throwback. He's a Joe Kapp-Roman Gabriel kinda guy.

Q: Hall of Fame?

A: I think he's in the Hall of Fame now. "

--------------------------------------------------------

...and that is all anyone needs to know, TB separates the Pro from Personal.
Terry is Terry :)
TB was absolutely correct, and so what !?
Kanata-Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote