Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-30-2011, 07:03 PM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default Players provide early insight as Super Bowl week begins

Players provide early insight as Super Bowl week begins
SN Icon Sporting News
By Gerry Dulac and Tom Silverstein, Sporting News correspondents.

Read more: http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed...#ixzz1CZBphPDY

After the Pittsburgh Steelers and Green Bay Packers arrive Monday for Super Bowl XLV, the Dallas-Fort Worth area will become the Q&A center of the universe. We decided to get a jump on things:

Q: What is the one thing people don't know about ...
Players provide early insight as Super Bowl week begins Pittsburgh Steelers safety Ryan Clark (25) is tackled by Cleveland Browns tight end Benjamin Watson after Clark's interception in the second quarter of an NFL football game. (AP photo)

After the Pittsburgh Steelers and Green Bay Packers arrive Monday for Super Bowl XLV, the Dallas-Fort Worth area will become the Q&A center of the universe. We decided to get a jump on things:

Ben Roethlisberger. "He's a jokester. He plays with you too much, always joking, always trying to play a trick on someone. You got to watch him. He's doing all types of stuff when we were at camp; he puts lizards and stuff in people's helmets, especially rookies. He put snowballs (iceballs) in there. I don't know if it was a lizard, it might have been a grasshopper, but it was something on the field, something from the country, because you don't do that in the city. Touch insects on the ground? No way. But that's my dog man." — Steelers WR Mike Wallace

Aaron Rodgers. "If he's not playing well, he'll be the first to admit it. And if we're not playing well, he'll be the first to tell us to pick it up. He'll do it in the huddle. If he got hit and it's your fault and knows that you messed up, he'll come and tell you. It's usually in a positive way. He doesn't talk down to you. I try to avoid having it happen. There's been somewhere we haven't been on the same page as far as the reads. To lead a team you can't be afraid to step on anybody's toes at times. He definitely is our leader out there and does a good job." — Packers C Scott Wells

Q: What's the No. 1 thing you're looking forward to about the Super Bowl experience?

"Media day because it's so crazy to watch it. It's not as fun as doing this. Like right now, I have other stuff I need to be doing, but they set that up just for that reason. You put your jersey on, you put your hat on, you know what you're going to do. But you get to see Antonio Brown and Emmanuel Sanders and Mike Wallace have crowds of people around them. You see their eyes. I know how I was my first time; it's amazing because of the questions you're asked. Then right after that, you take your team picture. There are only two teams that get two sets of pictures every year and that's the two teams that play in the Super Bowl. That's an amazing thing. After that, it's football. That's kind of the last Super Bowl event before the game." — Steelers S Ryan Clark

"I'm most excited about my kids being there and being a part of it. They're coming down Thursday. They love The Black Eyed Peas; that's their favorite group. At the beginning of the year, they found out that's who is playing halftime and my son, who's 7, said, 'We're going. Black Eyed Peas are playing, that's my favorite group.' It's funny how that panned out. I'm looking forward to seeing them. They've been in Tennessee, so I've only seen them on game weekends." — Wells

Q: What is the most underrated aspect of your team?

"It's the part you can't measure—the chemistry. You can go to a different position and say this is underrated or that's underrated. But the biggest thing with those parts that people feel are inferior and are reasons we shouldn't be winning games, we still do because of the chemistry of the team, the love each player has and the genuine feeling of not wanting to let the guy next to you down." — Clark

"I know upfront we always feel like we're an underrated front. We feel like we play pretty well. With (Ryan) Pickett, B.J. (Raji), myself, even Howard (Green) coming in and playing well, you have a lot of years of experience and a lot of years of good play. We have no Pro Bowls to show for it among any of the players. We kind of feel like as a front we get overlooked a little bit." — Packers DE Cullen Jenkins

Q: What is the most underrated aspect of your opponent?

"How good their cornerbacks are. I know they get recognition, but they're very good and they're deep, too. They got four of 'em, too, almost as good as the first guy. Tramon Williams is probably the best cover guy they have, but the rookie (Sam) Shields is pretty good, too. He plays on the outside in the nickel and Woodson goes to slot. Woodson, he thinks he's a linebacker. He's like a small linebacker. He wants to tackle, play in short space. He doesn't want to get in open space; he wants to be in short space and make tackles." — Wallace

"Ben is just one of those guys who knows how to get it done. He's not going to always kill you with numbers and those sorts of things. But when their team needs a play, him being their guy, he can get it done. And he makes a lot of guys look bad out there on the field during the course of the games with making guys miss who have free rushes, free shots at him. Or if they get to him, breaking tackles and still being able to keep a play alive. And he's done that his whole career. And he has hardware to show for that, two championships. But to be a young quarterback and to have those accomplishments tells you a lot about what kind of player he is." — Packers CB Charles Woodson

Q: What's the X-factor in this game?

"Special teams. I think their special teams have given up some touchdowns on special teams; we've given up some touchdowns on special teams. So I think special teams will be the difference, the X-factor, in the game." — Steelers WR Hines Ward

"I think it would be come from behind (ability). I think probably everybody watched, if you think -- or if you see the Baltimore Ravens with a lead like that, they're not going to lose the game. So for Pittsburgh to regroup (from a two-touchdown deficit), whatever they did in that game, whatever adjustments that they made, I think that's probably the more impressive win for them. Against the Jets, they got the lead and it started to slip away there in the end. So I think a comeback victory against a team who is also known for defense is probably more impressive." —Woodson

By Gerry Dulac and Tom Silverstein, Sporting News correspondents.

Read more: http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed...#ixzz1CZBZzb8o
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote