Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 01-30-2011, 11:59 PM   #11
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain

Member Number: 11280
Default Re: Ben vs Rodgers in a dome

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneBlitzer View Post
That's strange. I just saw this on the NFL Network and they had an different stats entirely especially on Ben's side of the ledger.

It's because this original poster put up completely false stats.

In 12 career dome games, including the playoffs, Rodgers has a 111.5 passer rating and a 68.6 completion percentage and has averaged 286.2 yards a game. He has also racked up 31 touchdowns (six rushing) to only six interceptions.

In contrast, Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has played in only nine indoor games and has totaled nine interceptions to go with 14 touchdown passes. His passer rating is respectable at 94.2, but his statistics just don't stand out as opposed to his body of work outdoors.

Read more: http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/feed...#ixzz1CadF4VDr
madtowndrunkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 12:08 AM   #12
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,191 Times in 598 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtowndrunkard View Post

In 12 career dome games, including the playoffs, Rodgers has a 111.5 passer rating and a 68.6 completion percentage and has averaged 286.2 yards a game. He has also racked up 31 touchdowns (six rushing) to only six interceptions.

In contrast, Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger has played in only nine indoor games and has totaled nine interceptions to go with 14 touchdown passes. His passer rating is respectable at 94.2, but his statistics just don't stand out as opposed to his body of work outdoors.

I counted 10 games and one of those he got knocked out in Detroit this year. Where did 12 come from?
OX1947 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 12:12 AM   #13
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain

Quote:

Again I will point to the competition Rogers faced in those domes. 6 of those 12 games were against two of the worst pass defenses in the league. (Vikings and Lions) Add in games against Dallas, Arizona, and St. Louis. That is 9 of 12 games against some of the worst secondaries in the league. The only respectable team they faced in a dome was Atlanta.

I'm not sure who Ben has faced but off the top of my head I can think of the Colts more then once, Saints, and Dallas. I remember a couple games that Ben and our offense was not prepared for the noise. ( which is totally inexcusable) I don't expect a very loud texas stadium this sunday.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:14 AM   #14
OX1947
Living Legend

Quote:
Again I will point to the competition Rogers faced in those domes. 6 of those 12 games were against two of the worst pass defenses in the league. (Vikings and Lions) Add in games against Dallas, Arizona, and St. Louis. That is 9 of 12 games against some of the worst secondaries in the league. The only respectable team they faced in a dome was Atlanta.

I'm not sure who Ben has faced but off the top of my head I can think of the Colts more then once, Saints, and Dallas. I remember a couple games that Ben and our offense was not prepared for the noise. ( which is totally inexcusable) I don't expect a very loud texas stadium this sunday.
Actually, Atlanta's secondary was pathetic this year. 22nd in the league to be exact.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:15 AM   #15
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
I counted 10 games and one of those he got knocked out in Detroit this year. Where did 12 come from?

Detroit x 3
Minnesota x 3
Dallas x 1
Atlanta x 2
Arizona x 1
New Orleans x 1
St. Louis x 1
Old 01-31-2011, 12:29 AM   #16
OX1947
Living Legend

Quote:
Detroit x 3
Minnesota x 3
Dallas x 1
Atlanta x 2
Arizona x 1
New Orleans x 1
St. Louis x 1
OH I forgot He played in 2007 in Dallas when Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaavre got hurt and totally blanked that UOP in AZ was a dome.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:42 AM   #17
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by OX1947 View Post
Actually, Atlanta's secondary was pathetic this year. 22nd in the league to be exact.

interesting... I don't know why I thought they were better then that?

The Vikings pass defense was solid this season...but the last two years they were in the bottom half. The Lions were dead last in 2009, 16th in 2010, and 27th in 2008.

Bottom line is I think two things really skew Rodgers dome stats.... #1 the competition he's faced is among the worst in the NFL. #2 he does run a pass happy offense

I don't think anyone is debating Rodgers ability as a QB. He's a great QB. But I don't think he's unstoppable like many are trying to make him out to be.

If we play our game defensively we'll be fine. We have to limit the big plays by Rodgers and Jennings and we don't turn the ball over I think we win. I expect Rodgers to have a 300 yard game by dinking and dunking. Dick Lebeau will do what he always does....he'll give the opponent 5-10 yards of cushion. We'll keep the YAC to a minimum. We'll do everything we can to prevent the big plays. We'll depend on our front 7 to create mistakes. Thats been our game plan ever since DL was our DC.

We faced a blazing fast offense last time against the Cardinals. We barely pulled that one out, but we did it.

I have a feeling that our experience might really help us in the 1st half of this game. I sort of expect the Packers to be a little tense and a little over amp-ed to start the game. If they are, this could really play into our hands. If we can start off with an early lead by a TD or two...this will allow our running game to become a factor. I fully expect Arians to air it out in the first half and test the Packers speed in the secondary.
Old 01-31-2011, 01:08 AM   #18
El Nino
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17899

artificial turf can work out in our favor, we have a lot of speed on both sides of the ball
El Nino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 01:46 AM   #19
SteelKnight
Team President

Member Number: 16119

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
artificial turf can work out in our favor, we have a lot of speed on both sides of the ball
Yeah. I was thinking the same thing. It will help Wallace, Troy, Harrison, Timmons, Sanders, and Mendenhall.

Ike is so solid and fast that maybe he would not have slipped indoors (on that Santonio play).

People forget that Troy didn't play in 09 so let's see how Rodgers does. He's good but he can get shut down later in games sometimes. You saw what the Bears and Eagles did to him. The Bears held him in check for 3 games. He could only score 14 points in that Championship game.
Old 01-31-2011, 02:42 AM   #20
Steelthe#1dynasty
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 7928

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBpack2010 View Post
We had that shootout last year with the Cardinals in their dome and put up 45 points. We lost that game though. We have played better in domes as of late though.
Cardinals D is also bottom of the barrel. What is your point? That is JV compared to our Varsity. I would consider your D Junior Varsity because your team is yet to win anything.. Most recent seasons..
Steelthe#1dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote