Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Blast Furnace

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 05-01-2006, 06:07 PM   #1
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Member Number: 478
Default C. Jackson 1 S. Holmes 0

Just found some interesting footage of Chad 'The Hands' Jackson putting Steelers 2006 1st round draft pick to shame in a Juggs ball catching contest.

Jackson is quicker and appears to have better hands aswell.....did the Steelers trade up for the wrong guy?

Enjoy

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Livinginthe past is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 06:13 PM   #2
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,224 Times in 2,677 Posts
Default Re: C. Jackson 1 S. Holmes 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Just found some interesting footage of Chad 'The Hands' Jackson putting Steelers 2006 1st round draft pick to shame in a Juggs ball catching contest.

Jackson is quicker and appears to have better hands aswell.....did the Steelers trade up for the wrong guy?

Enjoy

NM
lol. chad johnson beat hines ward at the same competition a year or 2 ago at the skills challenge at the pro bowl.

chad jackson = bethel johnson.

trading up for the best wr in the game isnt trading up for the wrong guy. ive seen the pats draft board. they settled for 2nd best.

and good thing the steelers arent relying on a jugs machine to get their player the ball.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 06:15 PM   #3
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Ok Ive just realised that it was Sinorice Moss that was in 2nd place....Santonio wasnt even at the competition?..or if he was then im guessing he didnt make the leaderboard.

Bethel Johnson is quick - but his hands and college production are incomparable to Chad Jackson.

NM
They've been great for a while now, three Super Bowls' worth of great. But only this season have the New England Patriots become The Show, the must-see team of stars, pretty boys and reformed bad boys. Suddenly, the Patriots are not simply great; they're compelling, fascinating, appearing to be almighty and a touch lawless.
The Patriots didn't bother with swagger to start this NFL season; they went straight to defiant. Either you're one of them or you're about to get crushed.
Old 05-01-2006, 06:16 PM   #4
bengalsfan21
Assistant Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 420

I take it Holmes didn't even do well enough to register lol
bengalsfan21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 06:20 PM   #5
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livinginthe past
Ok Ive just realised that it was Sinorice Moss that was in 2nd place....Santonio wasnt even at the competition?

NM
T. Hipchest 1 L. Inthe Past 0

holmes would kill jackson on the jugs. i bet their scouting reports say the same. i bet holmes jumps higher and could beat him in a footrace too. its one thing to run with noone. its completely different when youre racing someone.
Old 05-01-2006, 06:21 PM   #6
tony hipchest

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengalsfan21
I take it Holmes didn't even do well enough to register lol
yeah, the bengals dont even need to bother covering him in thursday nights openning game. oh wait...they ducked out of that one.
Old 05-01-2006, 06:22 PM   #7
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

I'm glad that Chad Jackson scored so well in this "made for TV" event. I'm sure he'll enjoy his free TV's. I'm surprised the other 31 teams who passed him up (some of them twice) didn't put much more stock into this all-important NFL success predicting event. After all, they all saw the overwhelming success last years winner, Troy Williamson had in Minnesota!

I also didn't notice Santonio Holmes in the competion at all.

And you wonder why you were asked to leave for 3 days?
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 06:23 PM   #8
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
T. Hipchest 1 L. Inthe Past 0

holmes would kill jackson on the jugs. i bet their scouting reports say the same. i bet holmes jumps higher and could beat him in a footrace too. its one thing to run with noone. its completely different when youre racing someone.
Hey no way.

Jackson killed all-comers in that catching competition - Holmes didnt even turn up.

You never know, in the neat future BB might well play Jackson at CB - so we can see how that footrace works out

NM
Old 05-01-2006, 06:25 PM   #9
Livinginthe past
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
I'm glad that Chad Jackson scored so well in this "made for TV" event. I'm sure he'll enjoy his free TV's. I'm surprised the other 31 teams who passed him up (some of them twice) didn't put much more stock into this all-important NFL success predicting event. After all, they all saw the overwhelming success last years winner, Troy Williamson had in Minnesota!

I also didn't notice Santonio Holmes in the competion at all.

And you wonder why you were asked to leave for 3 days?
Wow.

So now I can't have a bit harmless football smack in the blast furnace?

You need to find yourself a sense of humor..or do what you said you would do and stay off my threads.

NM
Old 05-01-2006, 06:27 PM   #10
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,333 Times in 1,422 Posts

my dogs bigger than your dog....

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote