Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Draft

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 01-31-2011, 07:03 PM   #1
taztroy43
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 13325
Default My 1st 2011 Mock Draft

I love the first 2 picks that walterfootball.com has in store for us. I like the 3rd but i don't think we need an ilb that high(I believe Sylvester will develop for us and he looks like a beast on s.t ) but I like casey mathews too so I'll leave him as our 3rd pick....I would love to pick up NT kendrick ellis in the 4th to replace hampton but we'll c...

1. OG MIKE POUNCEY This guy to the right of his brother will make our line one of the best in the NFL...thats assuming if both tackles come back at 100%....Just picture Starks, Kemo, Markice P., Mike P., Colon up front...RUSHard will have 1500+ seasons for years to come!!!

2. CB RAS-I DOWLING 6'2" 200lbs 40 time: 4.50... I really like this guy...nobody has been mentioning him much because of injuries this season...If this guy would of declared last year he probably would of gone in the late 1st or early 2nd round...again his stock is down and I think he'll be a steal in the 2nd if we can get him..This guy is a big CB that is physical at the line and is a pretty good tackler...He reminds me of Ike Taylor without the 4.26 speed....

another CB i would consider for us in the 2nd would be CB Curtis Brown..I really like what I saw from him at the Senior Bowl ( he looked very physical and closed quick on the players with the football..he looked like a pretty good tackler as well):

Curtis Brown Texas 6'0" 180lbs Projected 40 Time: 4.40.
"Projected Round (2011): 2-3.
10/9/10: Brown is a very talented player who is not afraid to come up and hit someone. You have to love the way he plays the game and he'll get drafted in the top 60 picks.

5/13/10: Curtis Brown, an All-Big XII honorable mention, broke up seven passes in 2009. He has the best triangle numbers of any top corner eligible for the 2011 NFL Draft." walterfootball.com

3.MLB CASEY MATHEWS I like casey mathews but I think Sylvester will probably end up the guy to replace farrior....either way I wouldn't mind if the Steelers drafted this guy in the 3rd (even though he's no where near the athlete his bro is) he's still pretty good and if we draft him he'll mostlikely be a better mlb in the nfl than sylvester will ever be....

4. NT Kenrick Ellis Hampton...from walterfootball.com
"Height: 6-5. Weight: 340.
Projected 40 Time: 5.41.
Combine 40 Time: .
Pro Day 40 Time: .
Benchx225: . Vertical: .
Projected Round (2011): 3-5.
10/8/10: Ellis has all the physical talent, but he has some work ethic concerns and isn't very consistent in games. "
If this guy can develop and overcome some of his concerns he will be a beast at NT....but I think he's worth the risk in the 4th round(If he's available)...

5.TE Zach Pianalto I would like this guy over Speath any day...Speath improved his blocking but cannot catch when we need him most...e.g.-look @ the regular season game against the Jets(dropped 2 balls in the endzone). I like what they have to say about this guy in some sources....here's the one from walterfootball.com
"Zach Pianalto, TE, North Carolina
Height: 6-4. Weight: 250.
Projected 40 Time: 4.85.
Benchx225: . Vertical: . Broad: .
Projected Round (2011): 4-6.
10/2/10: Pianalto is a tough in-line blocker and has adequate size to start in the league. He has sure hands and does a good job of finding soft spots in zone. Pianalto has 19 catches for 156 yards through three games." -walterfootball.com

6. WR Tori Gurley South Carolina 6-4 230 Projected 40 Time: 4.59...very young possession receiver at the next level...he's a good blocker and catches the ball well at least from what I saw from him this season...He'll probably be off the board here so I'll put on another big receiver that I like in the later rounds...

DeAndre Brown, WR, Southern Miss 6'6" 228 Projected 40 Time: 4.48....This guy is somewhat of a project that I believe has a lot of potential with good coaching...very athletic and fast for his size at 6'6" 228...I think he'll be worth the risk here....

7 FB Shaun Chapas Georgia

I want a traditional fb...Im tired of us using our TE D. Johnson as a FB....he does a decent job but we need a guy that can block for big ben and a guy that can block the crap out of players and open up holes for RUSHard especially if were drafting Pouncey's twin in the 1st....we need to get back to that physical running team we once were
"Height: 6-2. Weight: 245.
Projected 40 Time: 4.76.
Benchx225: . Vertical: . Broad: .
Projected Round (2011): 5-7.
5/15/10: A traditional fullback - a very good blocker, but not any sort of ball-carrier. "
taztroy43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 06:09 PM   #2
taztroy43
Bench Warmer

Default Re: My 1st 2011 Mock Draft

This is the type of guy I want wearing the Stillers uniform! I would love for us to some how pick him up with our 2nd round pick!

if the vid don't pop up here the website

[YOUTUBE]<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lTjPU5YxvTA" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen></iframe>[/YOUTUBE]
Old 02-13-2011, 10:54 PM   #3
taztroy43
Bench Warmer

I'm really starting to consider this S out of WV...Robert Sands...the dude is a beast and he's everywhere on defense....check out some of his highlights...

Old 02-15-2011, 09:16 PM   #4
JEFF4i
Banned

Member Number: 10645

As my coworker is a big WVU fan, it'd be cool to see. That said, no one is figuring Mike Pouncey to fall to 31st. I agree if he's there, take him (he's more suited for G than C anyway), but I'm cool on the idea of not having a kicker drafted.

They are undervalued assets, and we need our new Gary Anderson, or Reed in the good days.
JEFF4i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 12:33 PM   #5
bubbletownwr88
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 17882

Robert Sands would be a great player. I just watched those highlights and my jaw dropped. I remember the guy during all the backyard brawls and he's beast. As for your round 7: pick i put in Alex Henery K from Nebraska watch this guy on youtube and you'll understand why. The rest of your draft is great though.
bubbletownwr88 is offline   Reply With Quote