Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 05-03-2006, 11:43 PM   #11
MattsMe
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2044
Default Re: A Member of My Club Wants This Guys Head On A Plaque

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcity984
do the ravens even have fans?
Quote:
The reason we allow that stupidity to exist here is the same reason we allow any enemy team?s fans to run over our stadiums. It?s because we?re wimpy sports fans.
I think that says it all.
MattsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 01:05 AM   #12
MasterOfPuppets
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 1990
Thanked 3,281 Times in 1,401 Posts

baltimore and dc,are the armpits of the east coast. they should just drop the bomb on both of em and start over in 20 yrs.

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty." - Thomas Jefferson

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

"The man who reads nothing at all is better educated than the man who reads nothing but newspapers." - Thomas Jefferson

MasterOfPuppets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 07:57 AM   #13
SID
Water Boy

Member Number: 2234

SID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 11:13 AM   #14
Mosca
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 1751

I'm surprised that such a lazy, ridiculous screed would get published, but I guess that's the kind of thing that sells in Baltimore; trash talk rather than insight.

Figures.

Tom
Mosca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 11:40 AM   #15
HburgXL06
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1504

Does anyone really want to wear purple anymore? I mean the players are paid to wear it and even then the color is only used as trim. But to have to pay to wear a purple jersey just doesn't seem excitin. I think I'd rather put on orange and brown!

BuFu

"Who said they was all tough? They ain't so tough! Smashmouth football baby! Pittsburgh style!" -Jerome Bettis #36 the BUS in 21-9 victory over Chicago Bears in 2005
HburgXL06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 12:26 PM   #16
BlitzburghRockCity
Banned

Member Number: 70

Nothing reading completely untrue, pointless, worthless drivel from a ratbird to just make you realize that some people are just plain dumb !
BlitzburghRockCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 12:54 PM   #17
SteelerFanInCA
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 875

Wow, this guy definitely sounds frustrated from all those years of no "offensive production" from his dirty ratbirds. How do you think this guy feels every morning when he wakes up knowing that Kyle Boller is their QB? Sounds like the guy who wrote this is the one who needs the lobotomy. Glad to see we are hated by Ravens fans as well. I seriously don't know what I would do if only the bunglas and clowns fans hated us. Black & Purple = Crap.
SteelerFanInCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 01:11 PM   #18
Lyn
Banned

Member Number: 304

Another clubmember wrote and sent this reply:

Dear Sir,

I can see where you would think that Pittsburgh is dead after seeing how the Pittsburgh Penguins did this year and the Pittsburgh Pirates are currently doing. And even though I live an hour outside the city, I went to college there (Point Park University, Class of 2005), and I am ready to defend the city I am calling an adopted hometown with this email.

First, Pittsburgh is a town with blue collar roots, but has high standards. For example.

The University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC) has been in the top 10 when it comes to hospital and medical center groups within the past 10 years. Many of the people who work at those places are pioneers who make very significant advances in the field of health science. In fact, Dr. Thomas Starzl, a professor at Pitt's school of medicine, and director of his own Transplantation Institute at UPMC, has received the National Medal of Science from President George W. Bush for groundbreaking work in organ transplantation. (http://www.upmc.com/NewsStories/2006...edCeremony.htm)

Pittsburgh itself has many universities and colleges in the area. Not just Pitt, but many smaller universities like Point Park, Carnegie Mellon, along with Duquesne and others. In fact, with as many colleges that Pittsburgh has, one of the city's unofficial nicknames is "The College City", with over 135,000 students currently residing there. (www.thecollegecity.com)

The City of Pittsburgh is headquarters to many different organizations, like US Steel, Heinz Company, Mellon Financial Services, and Del Monte foods.

The city of Pittsburgh is ranked 22nd in the media market listing (http://www.nielsenmedia.com/DMAs.html) while Baltimore is behind us at 24th.

Pittsburgh's title is still "The City of Champions" with Five Superbowls, Three World Series Championships, Two Stanley Cups and too many NCAA and Big East championships by Pitt to count. Pittsburgh is also home to two plays in sports that are Immortal. Bill Mazeroski's Walk-Off Home Run to beat the Yankees in Game 7 of the World Series in 1960, and The Immaculate Reception in 1972.

I understand that the City of Baltimore has many wonderful organizations, great places to go to College, and it has a storied sports history (if not checkered by the Midnight Leaving of the Indianapolis Colts). But I only have one suggestion for you, Sir. Before you knock the city of Pittsburgh, Do your reasearch first.

Submitted with Respect for a fellow Journalist (but you're treading on thin ice),
Josh W.
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 01:28 PM   #19
SteelerFanInCA
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 875

It's nice to see that there are still people out there who can articulate themselves without being a total moron. Nice post!!!
SteelerFanInCA is offline   Reply With Quote