Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-02-2011, 06:13 AM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default Fans fume as alien teams descend on Cowboys turf

Fans fume as alien teams descend on Cowboys turf
By Jeremy Boren, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Read more: Fans fume as alien teams descend on Cowboys turf - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...#ixzz1Cnq8oDgD

DALLAS -- Imagine the Browns playing the Eagles in Pittsburgh. It's the first time the Steel City has hosted a Super Bowl, and Heinz Field has been open only two seasons.

That scenario begins to describe the nightmare some Dallas Cowboys fans are enduring this week as the Steelers prepare to play the Packers in Super Bowl XLV, a first for North Texas and two-year-old Cowboys Stadium.

"It's going to be filled with the colors that I was raised to hate," said Cowboys fan Jack Dison, 24, a native of Tyler, Texas, whose mother taught him about the Steelers' two Super Bowl victories over the Cowboys in Super Bowl X and Super Bowl XIII. "If they do the Lambeau Leap, I'm going to go crazy."

This week is rubbing salt in the wound of fans of the blue and silver, who suffered through a tumultuous 6-10 season in 2010.

Sunday's big game will tie the Steelers with the Cowboys for the most Super Bowl appearances in the NFL -- eight apiece. As for the Packers, coach Vince Lombardi and his team defeated the Cowboys in the 1966 and 1967 conference championships and went on to win the first two Super Bowls.

"I'm sure it's disappointing for Cowboys fans," Steelers linebacker James Farrior said. "The Cowboys, Packers and Steelers are probably the three most recognizable franchises in this league. To have it in this stadium without the Cowboys, I'm sure those guys are disappointed, but I'm glad it's us (playing) and not them."

Dison plans to watch the teams play on TV at home, but said, "I don't know how I'd root for either one."

David Herrera of Fort Worth is sticking to rooting for his beloved Cowboys, despite the season that team Vice President Stephen Jones last month dubbed "the worst" of the 21 years in which oil tycoon Jerry Jones has owned the franchise.

As some media observers have pointed out, that stretch includes the Cowboys' 1-15 season in 1989.

Herrera showed up outside the Steelers' hotel in Fort Worth when the team arrived to show his Cowboys pride in a team blanket, novelty-sized blue foam cowboy hat and a banner that said, "You're in Cowboy Country."

"You're all coming for a week, but we stay here all year long," he said.

Jones seems more than willing to play host in Cowboys Stadium even without his team.

"This stadium was built to have a Super Bowl," he told USA Today.

Still, Jill Steele, a Cowboys fan from Frisco, Texas, would rather "America's Team" be involved.

"Maybe next time it comes around, we'll be in it," she said, noting newly hired coach Jason Garrett could improve the team's fortunes.

If that's to be, Cowboys Country will have to wait. Super Bowl XLVI will be in Indianapolis; XLVII in New Orleans; and XLVIII in East Rutherford, N.J.'s New Meadowlands Stadium, home of the New York Giants and Jets.

Not all Cowboys fans are upset about their stadium's guests.

"I love the Cowboys, but let the best team win," said Ruben Perez, 30, as he stood with his mother and brother in a Wal-Mart parking lot and watched workers post a giant Steelers emblem on the side of the stadium in Arlington.

"Life's too short to be mad about some things," he said.

Read more: Fans fume as alien teams descend on Cowboys turf - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...#ixzz1CnpzkIs0
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 07:28 AM   #2
grward
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 7527
Default Re: Fans fume as alien teams descend on Cowboys turf

Is this KARMA for Jerry Jones?
grward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 07:39 AM   #3
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaSteeler View Post
David Herrera of Fort Worth showed up outside the Steelers' hotel in Fort Worth when the team arrived to show his Cowboys pride

"You're all coming for a week, but we stay here all year long," he said.
... things are tough all-over, pal...

rub a brick on it, and choke in the big game
Old 02-02-2011, 10:39 AM   #4
DoubleYoi
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 15474

Absolutely love the fact that Cowboys fans are watching Steeler Nation invade their turf. Jerry Jones can have his oil, $1 billion stadium and perennially underacchieving football team. He won't win again until he realizes owners should sit back and let their teams be coached by.....wait for it.....the head coach!! Any surprise that the three franchises that have power-hungry owners (Dallas, Washington and Oakland) continue to fail?
DoubleYoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 10:54 AM   #5
SacknificentStew56
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16658

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaSteeler View Post
Fans fume as alien teams descend on Cowboys turf
By Jeremy Boren, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Read more: Fans fume as alien teams descend on Cowboys turf - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...#ixzz1Cnq8oDgD

DALLAS -- Imagine the Browns playing the Eagles in Pittsburgh. It's the first time the Steel City has hosted a Super Bowl, and Heinz Field has been open only two seasons.

That scenario begins to describe the nightmare some Dallas Cowboys fans are enduring this week as the Steelers prepare to play the Packers in Super Bowl XLV, a first for North Texas and two-year-old Cowboys Stadium.

"It's going to be filled with the colors that I was raised to hate," said Cowboys fan Jack Dison, 24, a native of Tyler, Texas, whose mother taught him about the Steelers' two Super Bowl victories over the Cowboys in Super Bowl X and Super Bowl XIII. "If they do the Lambeau Leap, I'm going to go crazy."

This week is rubbing salt in the wound of fans of the blue and silver, who suffered through a tumultuous 6-10 season in 2010.

Sunday's big game will tie the Steelers with the Cowboys for the most Super Bowl appearances in the NFL -- eight apiece. As for the Packers, coach Vince Lombardi and his team defeated the Cowboys in the 1966 and 1967 conference championships and went on to win the first two Super Bowls.

"I'm sure it's disappointing for Cowboys fans," Steelers linebacker James Farrior said. "The Cowboys, Packers and Steelers are probably the three most recognizable franchises in this league. To have it in this stadium without the Cowboys, I'm sure those guys are disappointed, but I'm glad it's us (playing) and not them."

Dison plans to watch the teams play on TV at home, but said, "I don't know how I'd root for either one."

David Herrera of Fort Worth is sticking to rooting for his beloved Cowboys, despite the season that team Vice President Stephen Jones last month dubbed "the worst" of the 21 years in which oil tycoon Jerry Jones has owned the franchise.

As some media observers have pointed out, that stretch includes the Cowboys' 1-15 season in 1989.

Herrera showed up outside the Steelers' hotel in Fort Worth when the team arrived to show his Cowboys pride in a team blanket, novelty-sized blue foam cowboy hat and a banner that said, "You're in Cowboy Country.""You're all coming for a week, but we stay here all year long," he said.

Jones seems more than willing to play host in Cowboys Stadium even without his team.

"This stadium was built to have a Super Bowl," he told USA Today.

Still, Jill Steele, a Cowboys fan from Frisco, Texas, would rather "America's Team" be involved.

"Maybe next time it comes around, we'll be in it," she said, noting newly hired coach Jason Garrett could improve the team's fortunes.

If that's to be, Cowboys Country will have to wait. Super Bowl XLVI will be in Indianapolis; XLVII in New Orleans; and XLVIII in East Rutherford, N.J.'s New Meadowlands Stadium, home of the New York Giants and Jets.

Not all Cowboys fans are upset about their stadium's guests.

"I love the Cowboys, but let the best team win," said Ruben Perez, 30, as he stood with his mother and brother in a Wal-Mart parking lot and watched workers post a giant Steelers emblem on the side of the stadium in Arlington.

"Life's too short to be mad about some things," he said.

Read more: Fans fume as alien teams descend on Cowboys turf - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...#ixzz1CnpzkIs0
Bet he retardedly stood out like Warren from "There's something about Mary". We're invading Jerryville all week and there's nothin' he or the rest of those Cowbum fans can do about it.
SacknificentStew56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2011, 12:51 PM   #6
dcbng
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 17655

Nice pic of Jackie Smith, did he ever get his fingers fixed
dcbng is offline   Reply With Quote