Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 05-04-2006, 11:31 AM   #11
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370
Default Re: king james... midnight madness!!

LBJ is the best player in the NBA.He's the most fun to watch.The guy is a true leader,unlike Kobe "I must be the Show" Bryant.

Anyone think the Cavs can get lucky and get past Detroit in Round 2?If so,Cavs are in the Finals.

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 02:00 PM   #12
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

Quote:
Originally Posted by j-dawg
well it was 9:00 in los angeles, but holy smack! what a playoff game.

LeBron took an in-bounds pass with 3.3 seconds remaining in overtime, tight-roped Antawn Jamison on the baseline, and laid the acrobatic game-winner up and in with .9 seconds remaining, giving the Cavaliers a 121-120 win in one of the most thrilling games in Cavalier history.

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/ga...ds_060503.html

no he didn't tight rope as you say, he cleared space with his right arm to get around jamison. which last time i checked is a foul. but everyone thinks lebron is god he gets away with it, first traveling on his first game winner and now this. someone needs to pull a raja on lebron
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 02:01 PM   #13
Koopa
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoethlisBURGHer
LBJ is the best player in the NBA.He's the most fun to watch.The guy is a true leader,unlike Kobe "I must be the Show" Bryant.

Anyone think the Cavs can get lucky and get past Detroit in Round 2?If so,Cavs are in the Finals.
HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NO!!! i have a better chance of flying, that series will be over in 5
Old 05-04-2006, 03:44 PM   #14
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591

Bwahahahahaha!

A LeBron hater...I've seen it all now.

You know, there's a reason everybody loves him...it's because he's MUCH farther along at 21 than Michael Jordan was, and, barring any injury, will certainly surpass MJ as the greatest ever.

Last edited by Suitanim; 05-04-2006 at 04:03 PM.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 05:21 PM   #15
Koopa
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
Bwahahahahaha!

A LeBron hater...I've seen it all now.

You know, there's a reason everybody loves him...it's because he's MUCH farther along at 21 than Michael Jordan was, and, barring any injury, will certainly surpass MJ as the greatest ever.
didn't know i hated bron bron, i like him a lot i'm just not on his **** like a lot of ya'll. the **** does mj have to do with anything??? i said he cleared space and traveled and gets away with it cause everyone thinks he's god. that doesn't mean i hate him, i say the same shit when manu does it or frenchy. and saying someone needs to pull a raja on him doesn't mean i don't like him either, i'd like to see that happen to a lot of players every now and then. so again i'm sorry i don't ride his ****, but that doesn't mean i don't like him
Old 05-04-2006, 06:48 PM   #16
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,099 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa
no he didn't tight rope as you say, he cleared space with his right arm to get around jamison. which last time i checked is a foul. but everyone thinks lebron is god he gets away with it, first traveling on his first game winner and now this. someone needs to pull a raja on lebron
everyone uses the forearm and tries to get away with hand checking. travelling isnt even a penalty no more (if so you could wipe out half of shaqs points with that little hop-step-pause-dunk manuver hes made a career off of) double dribble? see it all the time yet its rarely called. basketball today has got to be one of the toughest sports to officiate. the players who dominate the sport would still dominate it, even if there were 5 officials out there calling everything.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 07:01 PM   #17
3 to be 4
Team Owner

Member Number: 992

so do you think David Stern is praying for a Cleveland-LA final?
now I'D even watch that!
3 to be 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 07:09 PM   #18
Koopa
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest
everyone uses the forearm and tries to get away with hand checking. travelling isnt even a penalty no more (if so you could wipe out half of shaqs points with that little hop-step-pause-dunk manuver hes made a career off of) double dribble? see it all the time yet its rarely called. basketball today has got to be one of the toughest sports to officiate. the players who dominate the sport would still dominate it, even if there were 5 officials out there calling everything.

still don't make it right, i was just pointing it out, cause y'all makin it seem like he's god, he didn't do anything special on those game winners, first he traveled, sure a lot of ppl travel but it isn't always clear, that was clear as day that he traveled, and then yesterday this jdawg dude is makin it seem like he tight roped his game winner when he clearly created the space with his right arm. if you gonna praise the kid at least do it truthfully.
Old 05-04-2006, 08:40 PM   #19
j-dawg
Team Captain

Member Number: 2228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koopa
first off koopa, i was reposting the second paragraph of the article in the link i posted... did you click on it? apparently you haven't been watching this series... and here you start running your mouth with accusations without knowing the facts. you want to bring up fouls? okay.

before game 4 the wizards head coach Eddie Jordan said this...

"Clearly, Gil doesn't get the calls that LeBron gets. I'm not going to get fined for saying what's obvious. Everybody sees it,"

well here's a break down of the fouls for LeBron and Gilbert up to game 4

Number of Times Each Player Went to the Line
Gilbert Arenas LeBron James
Game 1 13 FTA 11 FTA
Game 2 11 FTA 15 FTA
Game 3 11 FTA 9 FTA
Game 4 17 FTA 7 FTA

Total 52 FTA 42 FTA

in fact the Wizards (upto game 4) have been to the line 35 more times than the Cavaliers.

Fouls Called Against Each Team
Wizards Cavaliers
Game 1 21 25
Game 2 20 22
Game 3 21 24
Game 4 21 34

Total 83 105

Number of Times Each Team Went to the Line
Wizards Cavaliers
Game 1 36 FTA 22 FTA
Game 2 29 FTA 29 FTA
Game 3 33 FTA 27 FTA
Game 4 40 FTA 25 FTA

Total 138 FTA 103 FTA

LeBron never got an offensive foul called against him playing the wizzers during regular season but somehow he's amassed over 8 in this series.... the officiating thus far has been terrible... you can't say that the Cavs or Lebron have had all the calls go their way, 'cause that's clearly not the case... i think everyone agrees that the officials try to even out their calls 'cause there's so many bad ones....

someone should pull a raja on LeBron??

you should think before you post dude...

Last edited by j-dawg; 05-04-2006 at 08:51 PM.
j-dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 08:58 PM   #20
Koopa
Living Legend

it still don't make what lebron did right, y'all ride his **** way to hard is what i'm getting at. he's done nothing kobe hasn't done already and i'm the biggest kobe hater here so don't get it twisted. and i ain't saying they are getting all the calls, i only brought up two which are the two game winners not all the other calls cause i don't care. so again i'm saying y'all ride his **** to hard, and if y'all are gonna brag about him at least mention what he does to get his game winners