Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Miscellaneous > Sports Dimension

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 05-09-2006, 08:10 PM   #31
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Member Number: 591
Default Re: king james... midnight madness!!

This is too easy...they put 2-3 guys in a zone around James, and expose the fact that the rest of the Cavs don't measure up. LeBron needs his Scottie Pippen before the Cavs take the next step.

And why does everyone continue to say that the Pistons completely shut James down in the 2nd half of game one? The Cavs conceded the game, and James spent 90% of the 2nd half on the bench.
Suitanim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 10:15 PM   #32
Lyn
Banned

Member Number: 304

Without James, do you really think the Cavs have too much? Since the idea is to score other than Gooden and James the Cavs didn't have it. Gooden's 17 points is not

BOX SCORE
Cavaliers (0-1)
On Court PTS REB AST PF
L. James* 30 14 7 4
D. Gooden* 17 8 2 4
D. Marshall 9 6 1 1
D. Jones 3 1 2 1
R. Murray 2 3 0 1
On Bench PTS REB AST PF
Z. Ilgauskas* 10 8 0 2
A. Varejao 10 5 0 3
L. Hughes* 8 3 5 6
E. Snow* 2 3 1 3
A. Henderson 0 0 0 1
I. Newble 0 0 0 0
S. Pavlovic 0 0 0 0
S. Graham 0 0 0 0
Pistons (1-0)
On Court PTS REB AST PF
R. Wallace* 29 9 2 3
T. Prince* 20 3 4 1
R. Hamilton* 17 1 3 2
C. Billups* 15 5 7 1
B. Wallace* 10 15 1 2
On Bench PTS REB AST PF
T. Delk 2 3 0 2
A. McDyess 2 1 1 5
M. Evans 2 1 0 2
K. Cato 0 0 0 0
D. Davis 0 0 0 0
L. Hunter 0 0 2 0
C. Delfino 0 0 0 0
J. Maxiell 0 0 0 0

Postgame
There you have it, ladies and gentlemen. The Detroit Pistons take game 2 from Cleveland Cavs by the score of 97-91. The Cavs got off to a strong start but quickly fizzled out as Detroit wore away their offense and never looked back. LeBron put up 30 points and 15 rebounds to lead the field in both. However most of it came in too late for the kind of lead the Pistons put up. Rasheed Wallace was a monster on the boards for Detroit as he put up 29 points to lead the Piostons and 9 rebounds, just one point shy of the double-double. This Detroit team has too much going for them to give the Cavs the easy win. Now the Cavs find themselves against the wall as they go down two games to one of if not the strongest team in the league. Well there you have it, fans. Once again the Detroit Pistons defeat the Cleveland Cavaliers, 97-91. Thank you all for joining me tonight... From all of us here... So long.
4th Qtr - 01:00
... And now the Cavs start to build on that miracle as they go on a 9-0 run and make it a 5 point game. 92-87 and now we start to see Detroit fans bite their nails. And now the plot thickens.
4th Qtr - 03:08
Just as things start to roll for the Cavs, here comes Detroit with the answer backs and boy can they answer back. 92-80 as the Cavs continue to look for a miracle.
4th Qtr - 08:51
Well fans... It just doesn't look like the Pistons will let up. But it's the Cavs job to step up than to wait for Detroit to let up. However with a 12-7 turnover ratio, the Cavs need to correct things right now to get back into it.
3rd Qtr - 02:02
Oh boy... It's like the Pistons keep getting hotter as the game goes on. With their 50% shooting from the field and 72% from the free throw line, they just keep making Cleveland's life impossible.
3rd Qtr - 05:45
The Pistons continue to make things look easy as cruise . Everytime the Cavs pick up some momentum, Detroit answers back twice as hard and twice as much. LeBron's presence has become more apparent as the Cavs go up 20-8 on points in the paint.
3rd Qtr - 09:10
Welcome back, folks. The Cavs come out strong but quickly get backed up by the overwhelming Detroit defense. 2 vs 1 pull back defense at its finest.
Halftime
Ok, folks, after one half the Detroit Pistons lead the Cleveland Cavaliers, convincingly, 52-36. Offensively, the Pistons have dominated the Cavs with a 53% field goal average, 70% from the free throw line, and 6 made three pointers. The Cavs... Not so hot. 36% from the field with only two three-pointers made is not going to cut it against the Pistons. Rasheed Wallace is leading the field with 16 points. But he just keeps heating up from downtown. Detroit's three-point abilities have helped them boost runs and create more room to wiggle. The Cavs need to pull away from the match-ups and move the ball alot better and much faster to have a chance. Let's find out if the second half is any different.
2nd Qtr - 02:00
... But the Pistons continue to play twice as strong as the Cavs. Not so much in their physical strength, but more in their smart basketball. I would say the Detroit Pistons have a high basketball IQ. They continue to puzzle the Cavs defense and pressure their offense. Oh boy.
2nd Qtr - 05:03
Ok so the Cavs manage to find some light as they pick up a 6-0 run after going on a 2 for 19 slump. We're now looking at a 37-24 ball game.
2nd Qtr - 07:35
Cleveland seems to be trying for a record. Yeah... The longest time without buckets. They break out of a six minute drought and are now working on another one. So far this drought's five minutes long and counting. 37-18 as Detroit continues to dominate the field.
2nd Qtr - 10:53
... And just like that the Pistons continue their hot streak. A 9-0 run continued from the 1st quarter now has them up 27-16. Tayshaun Prince is perfect from the field. So far he's 3 for 3 with 9 points, to boot.
2nd Qtr - 12:00
Detroit heads into this quarter up 23-16. The Cavs played most of the 1st in spurts. However if we talk about consistency, then we're going to talk about the Pistons. 4 for 6 from downtown and 50% overall from the field. Cleveland has a few wrongs to right before the half.
1st Qtr - 02:41
Oh boy. Now the Pistons start to rise as they go on a 7-0 run to go on the boards. It looks as if Cleveland's fatigueing fast and early. Still alot a basketball to go, fans, so let's not jump to conclusions, yet. 15-12, Detroit.
1st Qtr - 05:48
So far Detroit is a bit dormant as Cleveland continues to take advantage of the LeBron James pick and rolls. But it's Detroit fierce three-point shooting which keeps them safe behind. They just have too many players who can shoot the 15-footer. 10-8, Cavs
1st Qtr - 11:22
... And we're off as the Cavs win the tip off but fail to break the ice. However, Richard Hamilton shows them how it's done. These Pistons look mighty strong. As a unit they can perform top notch defense, my friends. The key to the Cavs will be how well they do in the 1st quarter.
Pregame
Alright, sports fans... Let's get set for some playoff NBA action as the Detroit Pistons look to go 2-0 over guests Lebron James and the Cleveland Cavaliers. Lebron was less than stellar in game one but he did manage to put up 22 points in their poor series opener losing 113-86. It makes me question the rest of the Cavs. Can they step it up when their star player is off? That's what I want to know. However Detroit has that championship look in their eyes as well as their game. In game one they sank 10 three-pointers in just the first half. If they continue like that... Well... Then "Sweep's" the name of this series. Well, get set and settle back as game two of the Cleveland vs Detroit series gets ready to come your way... Next...
Lyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2006, 11:06 PM   #33
j-dawg
Team Captain

Member Number: 2228

Z is having a terrible playoff showing... the guys around LeBron are inconsistent... that's the problem.... and of course 'cause they're playing detroit....
Old 05-10-2006, 09:13 AM   #34
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

Yeah, that's my whole point. They won't take the next stepp without at LEAST one other all-star type player. I think even adding Michael Redd might have been enough, but Hughes is definitely not the answer.

It's a move that will have major consequences, too. If James doesn't get another player in the offseason, I don't expect him to re-sign with the Cavs.
Old 05-13-2006, 07:32 PM   #35
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

James snags yet another play-off triple-double as the Cavs win against the Pistons...and he's 21.

When he's done, he's gonna make Neo look like "The Two"...

And, Larry Hughes wasn't even in the house...he's home comforting his mother after the loss of his brother. Now the Cavs have the "Win one for the Gipper" thing going, too...
Old 05-13-2006, 07:56 PM   #36
j-dawg
Team Captain

Member Number: 2228

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
James snags yet another play-off triple-double as the Cavs win against the Pistons...and he's 21.

When he's done, he's gonna make Neo look like "The Two"...

And, Larry Hughes wasn't even in the house...he's home comforting his mother after the loss of his brother. Now the Cavs have the "Win one for the Gipper" thing going, too...

yep, it was a much needed win...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suitanim
If James doesn't get another player in the offseason, I don't expect him to re-sign with the Cavs.
i have to disagree with ya suit, i don't think james would sign with another team... i think he really enjoys being in cleveland...
Old 05-13-2006, 08:02 PM   #37
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

James isn't even in Cleveland. He lives in Bath, which is about 5 minutes from Akron. But that works in your argument's favor.

Gilbert knows what's coming. He's dumped 15-20 million into the "Q" in the last year, and has moved some of his infrastructure to Cleveland. He's certainly gearing up to keep James. And I DO think James would like to stay. HOWEVER, the contracts and endorsements that will be flying around, especially for an LA or NY team, will probably be in the BILLIONS next year...he's going to raise the bar again.
Old 05-13-2006, 10:53 PM   #38
Koopa
Living Legend

Member Number: 508

i think if james wants to be that player everyone says he's gonna be and who i think he'll be, he has to stay with the cavs to prove it. they have a good start even though they will probably lose in 5. they got a good coach who learned from poopovich and the pacers coach i know his name rick but i don't really feel like butchering his name so i'll make the post longer then it should be lol. danny ferry is a good whatever he is there gm?? or president of operation?? anyway he learned from r.c. buford how to manage a team. so give them another year and they'll be making legit deep runs in the playoffs with lebron on that team
Koopa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2006, 08:09 PM   #39
Suitanim
Banned
Supporter

No Hughes again. Rasheed Wallace talking Joe Namath-like trash. It would be something if the Cavs could pull this game out and make it a series.

James drains a 3 as time expires to make it 38-36 .
Old 05-15-2006, 09:48 PM   #40
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,103 Times in 4,594 Posts

so much for the rasheed wallace guarantee. oops.

foot: meet mouth
tony hipchest is online now   Reply With Quote