Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-03-2011, 10:56 PM   #1
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,487 Times in 3,732 Posts
Default SI - Guide to Super Bowl XLV broadcast

Guide to Super Bowl XLV broadcast

Pregame
Fox officially begins its pregame at 2 p.m. ET, though the network will air an hour-long NFL highlight show at noon ("The Road to the Super Bowl") followed by "Inside the Rings with Troy Aikman", in which you can expect the Fox NFL game analyst to float some softballs toward Super Bowl greats Jerome Bettis, Drew Brees and Kurt Warner.

Fox will deploy a talk-show style format from a set on the north side of the stadium before 5 p.m. There will be segments featuring former Cowboys, Niners, Packers and Steelers telling stories about the Super Bowl. The Cowboys panel consists of Aikman, Johnson, Daryl Johnston (a Fox NFL analyst), Jerry Jones, and Michael Irvin. Eddie DeBartolo and Ronnie Lott will represent the Niners. Bettis, Bradshaw, Franco Harris, and Mean Joe Greene will discuss the Steelers. LeRoy Butler and Dave Robinson, a famed linebacker for Green Bay in the 1960s and 1970s, will share old Packers memories....

What is likely to be the most-talked about feature of the pregame is Bradshaw's interview with Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. That will come between 5:30 and 6 p.m. Bradshaw, by nature of his television role and figure in Steelers lore, has arguably been Roethlisberger's most public critic....

"I'm tired of being in trouble with the Steelers. Hell, I'm always in trouble with the Steelers. I was in trouble as a player. I was in trouble with Chuck Noll. I'm always patching stuff up, so I'm patching this up, too. I told him I wanted a relationship with him. It doesn't mean we are going to hang out or golf, but it means I can walk out on a football field and talk to him. I did most of the talking. If he doesn't like me, I totally understand. I don't expect to be invited over to his house. That wasn't the point. The point was, "Let's stop and let's start fresh because the Steelers fans don't want this from us."

Game Coverage
Game time is scheduled for 6:29 p.m., with Joe Buck and Aikman calling their third Super Bowl together. Both talked this week about the art of juggling how much back story to give an audience filled with casual football fans.

"When you do a game like the Super Bowl, you have to scale it back and get back to some of the older stories that maybe you have already said before," Buck said. "You have to do it tactfully and you can't do it in a way that's insulting to the hardcore viewer ... Some of the basic things that even going in the NFC Championship Game you take for granted that people know. It's something I'm very aware of as I prepare for this game, to be a little more general as we get more people into the tent."

Postgame

Bradshaw is scheduled to handle the trophy ceremony, which puts him in the interesting position of potentially handing the trophy to his former employer. He is transparent about his loyalties.

"I've already thought about what it would be like for me to stand in the middle of (Texas Stadium) and present the Lombardi Trophy to (Steelers president) Dan Rooney," Bradshaw said. "I have already thought about that and how cool it would be since I was part of the first team (to win a Super Bowl). I'm excited for Pittsburgh, but if Green Bay were to win it, I'd be just as excited for them. We just know that I'm a Steelers guy. I have no problem doing the show and answering questions about anything pertaining to the football game, whether it's negative thought or positive for Pittsburgh. But where is my heart? Well, you know where it is. It's with the Steelers.
"

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...html?eref=sihp
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:00 AM   #2
SeinfeldNut
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17822
Default Re: SI - Guide to Super Bowl XLV broadcast

Thanks for posting this, the only part of the pregame I will pay attention to is the Big Ben/Bradshaw interview. Everything else I can take it or leave it.

Class, Integrity, Character
SeinfeldNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:18 AM   #3
SCSteeler4Life
Draft Prospect
Supporter

Member Number: 2100

I read Roger Staubach will be handing out the Lombardi.
Old 02-04-2011, 12:35 AM   #4
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 8,487 Times in 3,732 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCSteeler4Life View Post
I read Roger Staubach will be handing out the Lombardi.
Staubach will be walking down the aisle between the winning team's players to the podium (Namath handled those honors 2 years ago) and will hand the Lombardi to Goodell, who as commissioner actually hands the trophy to the winning team's owner.

Bradshaw will handle interviews on the podium (winning coach/owner/MVP), the role Dan Patrick had 2 years ago in Tampa.

Can you imagine the volume of boos from Steelers fans when Goodell is introduced on the podium if the Steelers win?
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 05:35 AM   #5
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

I will try to watch the Ben / Terry interview, but I will likely watch the pre game show the NFL network puts on.
Rick5895 is offline   Reply With Quote