Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 02-03-2011, 11:15 PM   #1
NCBlackWolf
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18115
Default Why I Hate the Steelers by some bitter Ravens fan

http://ravens24x7.blogspot.com/2011/...-steelers.html

For what it is worth...

Personally, I love to see that we are still in their head.

By the way, glad to be on Steeler Fever. My second post. Lifelong Stiller fan from WV now in Raleigh area.
NCBlackWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:23 PM   #2
MattsMe
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2044
Default Re: Why I Hate the Steelers by some bitter Ravens fan

Welcome to the board. And don't mind the Ravens fans. They're not too bright.
MattsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:30 PM   #3
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain

Member Number: 11280

We are so in their head they can no longer muster a win. That last defeat of the Ravens was probably the most crushing. I have a big hunch the Ravens will totally collapse next season. That playoff loss would be devastating to any team. A young team would learn from it and move on. The Ravens are a veteran team that has to have motivation to do perform. They will not learn from that loss. They will only dwell on it. They will over react. By the start of the season they will be emotionally spent. With out that emotional drive those old guys will start to look slow and tired. They know before they even take the field that we own them.

As soon as a team like that smells failure they will implode. I'll be shocked if the Ravens win 8 games next year.

I think the Ravens will be the new Browns. I think the Browns will soon take their place as our main competition in the AFC North.
madtowndrunkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:31 PM   #4
LVSteelersfan
Living Legend

Member Number: 6620

This is old news. Where did that date come from? He is talking about Joey Porter for criminees sake. How many years has he been gone from this team? What a joke.

COACH - Breakfast of Champions !!!
LVSteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:32 PM   #5
NCBlackWolf
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18115

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsMe View Post

Welcome to the board. And don't mind the Ravens fans. They're not too bright.
Thanks. Yeah, I still picture the Old Browns when I see the Ravens. Brings back bad memories of Kosar's big nose and Eric Metcalf running all over us on kick returns.
When I look at the new Browns I see a decent AAA high school team.
NCBlackWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:33 PM   #6
GBpack2010
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17949

Didnt you guys beat the Ravens in the playoffs in 2008 as well? Man to be a Ravens fan and to lose to your biggest rival twice in the playoffs would sting like hell if I was a Ravens fan. I dont think I could ever get over it.
GBpack2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 11:46 PM   #7
SteelerEmpire
Head Coach

Member Number: 14355

He can solve his problem with the Steelers simply by putting a loaded revolver in his mouth and pulling the trigger... it APPEARS he's already at that point...!

A HOUSE DIVIDED WILL FALL TO IT'S ENEMIES;
BUT IN UNITY THERE ARE 6' SUPER BOWLS !!!
SteelerEmpire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:22 AM   #8
SteelersBry79
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 16070

I had to quote this part:

"1C. Lucky SOB’s: Has any call in any important game ever gone against the Steelers? It all started with Franco Harris’ Immaculate Reception back in 1972 and it hasn’t stopped since. For those of you old enough to remember, there was a TD pass from the Oilers Dan Pastorini to Mike Renfro that was ruled incomplete during the AFC Championship Game in 1979 that cost Houston a potential Super Bowl berth.

Then there was Jackie Smith’s dropped pass during Super Bowl XIII that cost the Cowboys the championship, thus handing it to the Steelers; they’ve played some of the weakest Super Bowl teams in history such as the LA Rams, Seattle Seahawks and Arizona Cardinals and nearly lost 2 of those games; they were gifted a Super Bowl XL win due to some incredibly inept officiating; this season they benefitted from a “do over” thanks to referee and Pittsburgh area native Gene Steratore in Miami and Stevie Johnson dropped a would be walk off TD that could have cost the Steelers the AFC North title this season."

Harris' Immaculate Reception may have been the luckiest play ever, but Harris was in the right place at the right time.

The Mike Renfro call was wrong in my opinion. Renfro DID catch the ball for TD, but was the refs blew the call. It wouldn't have made any difference though, for as John Banaszak said, "you'll never convince me that we would've lost that game."

Jackie Smith's dropped TD in SB XIII was not luck. It was stupidity on Smith's part. Had he known how to catch the ball properly, the Cowboys may have won, but thanks to his sudden brain fart, he cost the Cowboys a SB win.

As for SB XL, there were some bad calls on BOTH sides of the ball, but does anyone really think that the Seahawks would've beat the Steelers that day, not to mention Cowher and his gadget plays?

SB XLIII the Cards had the best chance to beat the Steelers, but Ben's 2 minute drive down the field was a masterwork in every regard. When Arizona got the ball back, the best defense in the league was waiting for them, and good luck getting a touchdown in under 40 seconds against them.

And finally as for Johnson's dropped TD, see Jackie Smith.
SteelersBry79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:36 AM   #9
Sixburgher
Banned

Member Number: 17648

"Has any call in any important game ever gone against the Steelers?"

Polamalu's overturned interception in Indianapolis. No call on a blatant hold by the Jaguars in a wildcard game against Jacksonville. Joe Nedney's Oscar worthy flop in a divisional game against the Titans. And that's just for starters.

they’ve played some of the weakest Super Bowl teams in history

And where exactly do the 2000 New York Giants rank in that category? About the only thing I personally recall about that team is Jason Sehorn, and that's only because he got hitched to Angie Harmon. LOL

"Then there was Jackie Smith’s dropped pass during Super Bowl XIII that cost the Cowboys the championship, thus handing it to the Steelers"

LOL. Sure, Bradshaw's 300+ yards and 4 TD passes as he lit the Cowboys "Doomsday Defense" up all day had absolutely nothing to do with it.

"this season they benefitted from a 'do over' thanks to referee and Pittsburgh area native Gene Steratore in Miami and Stevie Johnson dropped a would be walk off TD that could have cost the Steelers the AFC North title this season."

Sure, just like the Ravens benefited from a "fumble" by Buffalo in overtime well after the Spiller's forward progress had been stopped while the refs collectively swallowed their whistles. Also never mind that the Bengals fell two yards short of another season sweep of the Ravens. They're just damned lucky Carson Palmer has declined to the extent that he has.

What a clown.

Last edited by Sixburgher; 02-04-2011 at 02:41 AM.
Sixburgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 06:43 AM   #10
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

i am not even going to read through all that garbage.. the fact is they hate us because we always beat them when it matters most.. always.