Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 02-03-2011, 11:49 PM   #1
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,319 Times in 3,274 Posts
Default Kurt Warner says Roethlisberger not a Hall of Famer, yet

More love for Roethlisberger, this time from a QB who lost to him in the Super Bowl

“I like Ben,” Warner told 620 KTAR in Phoenix. “I think Ben’s great and I think he’s a winner. And to me that speaks volumes for your legacy. But when you’re talking about the best quarterbacks in the league, you have to look at all the factors here.

“I mean, he won a Super Bowl and he was 8-23. But he won the Super Bowl and he gets that on his resume. But he was still 8-23.”

Warner is referring to Super Bowl XL, in which Roethlisberger completed nine of 21 passes for 123 yards and two interceptions. He also had seven rushing attempts for 25 yards and a touchdown.

In Super Bowl XLIII against Warner’s Cardinals, Roethlisberger completed 21 of 30 passes for 256 yards, one interception, and the game-winning touchdown pass to Santonio Holmes.

“I’m just waiting to see Ben as the guy that carries his team at some point in time,” Warner said. “The fortunate thing for him is he hasn’t had to do that. He carries them in the last two minutes. He makes some key plays. [He's] phenomenal out of the pocket and ad-libbing. But for me, if you go to the Hall of Fame, you have to be a guy who can carry your team week in and week out as a quarterback. That’s my opinion.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-of-famer-yet/

WTF?

And we still have to hear from Steve Young this weekend
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:16 AM   #2
OX1947
Living Legend

Member Number: 723
Thanked 1,098 Times in 570 Posts
Default Re: Kurt Warner says Roethlisberger not a Hall of Famer, yet

The irony here is too funny.
OX1947 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:17 AM   #3
madtowndrunkard
Team Captain

Member Number: 11280

People out side of the steeler nation do not understand Bens' game.

He's not a fantasy stat monster. Today's fan cannot get past that. They look at his stats and maybe watch a game or two and think Ben's just managing the game.

I liken it to a strike out pitcher vs a location guy. Think Randy Johnson vs Greg Maddux Most people now think to be a great SP you need to throw in the high 90's and put up 200K's. Ben is the guy who just battles his way through innings. He'll let runners on base.... he'll get knocked around a little bit....but he'll always keep it close...and when he hits about 100 pitches he starts throwing his best stuff. He'll keep hitters guessing and off balance all game. And some how he'll give you 20+ wins every year.

Ben fights for wins. He's a lot like John Elway and I'm surprised more people don't talk about this. Elway never put up huge numbers. I think he only had one 4000 yard season. He was never a huge passing yardage guy. He ran more then Ben...but Ben also makes plays that no other QB can. That 3rd and 19 play is the epitome of Ben Roethlisberger. That come back against the Ravens (one of the best defenses in the game) is what Ben Roethlisberger is all about. Once you understand Ben's greatness you will quickly realize he most definitely is a HOF QB....or at least on his way to being one. 3 SB's and 4 AFCC's and 5 playoff births in his first 7 years is something legends are made of.

The steelers had plenty of GREAT defenses over the years...prior to Ben. Heck we had some great TEAMs prior to Ben. But it wasn't until Ben showed up that the Steelers won their first SB since 1979.
madtowndrunkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:18 AM   #4
SteelersBry79
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 16070

Um, doesn't Ben carry his team week in and week out every single time?

Warner's just jealous because Ben will get into the HOF before he will, not to mention that Warner's lost 2, count them 2 Super Bowls.
SteelersBry79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:29 AM   #5
BGSU A Dub
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17389

BGSU A Dub says Kurt Warner hasn't been checked into the insane asylum, yet.
BGSU A Dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:35 AM   #6
LambertWardSteel
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 11433

Warner's 1-2 lifetime mark certainly makes him an expert evaluating other QBs performances in the big game.
LambertWardSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:21 AM   #7
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by madtowndrunkard View Post
People out side of the steeler nation do not understand Bens' game. He's not a fantasy stat monster. Today's fan cannot get past that.
most of today's fans, brought-up on ESPN and Interweb chat-groups, aren't mentally-capable of understanding that
Old 02-04-2011, 07:30 AM   #8
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

He's not a fantasy stat monster. Today's fan cannot get past that.

And they forget that Ben passed for over 500 yards in a game last year. If that was Brady or Manning it would be shoved down our throats from the media on a daily basis.
I don't understand today's fans anymore either. Its like this:
1. QB # 1 passes for 4,800 yards, 45 TD's, 3 interceptions...his team finishes 3rd in division
2. QB # 2 passes for 3,000 yards, 17 TD's, 10 interceptions and is leader, general, and winner of epic proportions and his team finishes 1st and makes it through the end of the playoffs, likely in the SB

Stupid fans (and stupid media as well) of today will 8 times out of 10 say QB #1 is better and the "MVP". Its truly mindboggling.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:48 AM   #9
plenewken
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 3447

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
I don't understand today's fans anymore either. Its like this:
1. QB # 1 passes for 4,800 yards, 45 TD's, 3 interceptions...his team finishes 3rd in division
2. QB # 2 passes for 3,000 yards, 17 TD's, 10 interceptions and is leader, general, and winner of epic proportions and his team finishes 1st and makes it through the end of the playoffs, likely in the SB

Stupid fans (and stupid media as well) of today will 8 times out of 10 say QB #1 is better and the "MVP". Its truly mindboggling.
And they're right because all things being equal, your comparison shows that #1 is a bigger direct contributor to his team's performance than #2.

315pts vs. 119pts is a huge difference and if I assume that an interception means a TD for the opponent, then it's a net contribution of 294pts vs. 49pts.

Nothing against Ben or for Warner though.
plenewken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 07:51 AM   #10
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
Originally Posted by plenewken View Post
And they're right because all things being equal, your comparison shows that #1 is a bigger direct contributor to his team's performance than #2.

315pts vs. 119pts is a huge difference and if I assume that an interception means a TD for the opponent, then it's a net contribution of 294pts vs. 49pts.

Nothing against Ben or for Warner though.
Brady or Manning should be playing Sunday then, right?
You're wrong...its our team structure. Ben can put up the stats when he gets the opportunity, we've seen him do it. Its hard to put up the stats of "QB 1" when he throws the ball 55 times a game and you're throwing it 25, 30. You then take your Rivers or Brady....i'll take Ben.
I couldn't disagree more.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote