Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 02-04-2011, 07:29 AM   #1
mesaSteeler
A Son of Martha
Supporter

Member Number: 10438
Default Twelve Super Bowl talking points

Twelve Super Bowl talking points
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/11035/1122808-66.stm
Friday, February 04, 2011 01:00 AM
Written by Bob Smizik

The Super Bowl is a little more than 48 hours away. The interviewing in Dallas is all but over. It seems like it went on for a month, it was only four days. No more players will be speaking. The coaches talk today and not again until after the game. It's time for the players to start getting their games faces on.

Time for us, too.

I throw the ball to you today with 12 Super Bowl talking points. Answer all, a few or none.

1. Will you be watching at a private home or a commercial establishment?

2. Which team will have the largest representation in the stands?

3. What’s been the most overblown story of the week?

4. Has the NFL priced the average guy out of attending the Super Bowl with what it charges for tickets?

5. Do you feel the Fox announcing team of Joe Buck and Troy Aikman are biased against the Steelers?

6. If the Steelers win the toss, what’s your choice? Why?

7. What do the Steelers have to do to win?

8. What has to happen for them to lose?

9. Who’s your pick for MVP.

10. If the Steelers lose a close game, how will you feel about the season?

11. If the Steelers are soundly defeated, how will you feel about the season?

12. What, if any, changes should Mike Tomlin make on his coaching staff for next season.
mesaSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 08:03 AM   #2
stlrtruck
THE PRINCESS' Daddy
Supporter

Member Number: 2398
Default Re: Twelve Super Bowl talking points

1. Will you be watching at a private home or a commercial establishment? I will be at O'Briens in Tampa, FL with the Bay Area Black ad Gold Club

2. Which team will have the largest representation in the stands? Steelers

3. What’s been the most overblown story of the week? Big Ben

4. Has the NFL priced the average guy out of attending the Super Bowl with what it charges for tickets? Most definitely, especially when allowing scalping agencies to charge 3x the face value or higher for tickets. The NFL no longer cares about the common fan.

5. Do you feel the Fox announcing team of Joe Buck and Troy Aikman are biased against the Steelers? biased, no. Slanted yes!

6. If the Steelers win the toss, what’s your choice? Why? Defer, that way it puts the Steelers on defense (most likely) and I want to see our defense set the tone. Defense wins championships, and what better way to start than with a pick 6!

7. What do the Steelers have to do to win? Hit Rodgers early, often, and with high frequecy. Also jam the WRs

8. What has to happen for them to lose? defense playing back and the offense going vanilla when they have a lead.

9. Who’s your pick for MVP. Either Ben or Harrison

10. If the Steelers lose a close game, how will you feel about the season? It was still a great season, and if we lose because the packers beat us, then pay respect to them, and move on.

11. If the Steelers are soundly defeated, how will you feel about the season? See above

12. What, if any, changes should Mike Tomlin make on his coaching staff for next season. Fire Arians. I think his game planning is too vanilla and doesn't have enough wrinkles, especially when playing with the talent that we have on the roster.

60 Minutes, 53 Men, 6 Trophies,1 NATION. . .STEELERS NATION!!!
Sig courtesy of STEELAX04
stlrtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:26 AM   #3
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678
My Mood: Amazed

1. Will you be watching at a private home or a commercial establishment? home with 28 friends, and 1 jet fan

2. Which team will have the largest representation in the stands? Steelers, unless Obama sent out Acorn to enlist the homeless to get in the stadium.

3. What’s been the most overblown story of the week? Packers in general and Rodgers greatness. Side of Big Ben.

4. Has the NFL priced the average guy out of attending the Super Bowl with what it charges for tickets? It is what it is, the secondary market drives the tickets, not the face value of the actual ticket.

5. Do you feel the Fox announcing team of Joe Buck and Troy Aikman are biased against the Steelers? Not sure, but Joe buck looks like a bobble head doll.

6. If the Steelers win the toss, what’s your choice? Why? Defer, because that's what we do!

7. What do the Steelers have to do to win? Not turn the ball over, don't take stupid sacks, play agressive D and agressive O. Lastly, protect Ben.

8. What has to happen for them to lose? Don't protect Ben, Ben tries to extend the play to long and turns it over.

9. Who’s your pick for MVP. Redemtion baby! Big Ben going to Disney World.

10. If the Steelers lose a close game, how will you feel about the season? My goal each year is to get to the big dance. Extend my viewing season the longest it possibly can. I view being here a successful season. this year I wuld be pretty pissed off since I have 28 friends coming over and one Jets fans, lol.

11. If the Steelers are soundly defeated, how will you feel about the season? Won't happen. Only thing that will be soundly beaten in Rodgers. His head will be rattled and I dont see him finishing the game.

12. What, if any, changes should Mike Tomlin make on his coaching staff for next season. We can review this after the game. special Teams as always is on the radar, I'm sure mike T will be calling for my input.
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 02:50 PM   #4
dcbng
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 17655

1. Will you be watching at a private home or a commercial establishment?
At home in the shrine with about 15 Steelers fans, the deadskin neighbors will still know when the Steelers score.

2. Which team will have the largest representation in the stands?
Steelers, just because.

3. What’s been the most overblown story of the week?
Rodger Goddell, He has made the week about himself, and not about the game.

4. Has the NFL priced the average guy out of attending the Super Bowl with what it charges for tickets?
The NFL hasn't, but the secondary market(stub hub et al) have.

5. Do you feel the Fox announcing team of Joe Buck and Troy Aikman are biased against the Steelers?
Aikman is still suffering from Post Concussive Syndrome, and at times makes less sense than Madden, and Buck is living off of his daddy's name.

6. If the Steelers win the toss, what’s your choice? Why?
Take the ball and score.

7. What do the Steelers have to do to win?
That has been discussed ad nausium, but they just can't do stuff to beat themselves.

8. What has to happen for them to lose?
Beat themselves

9. Who’s your pick for MVP.
Ben

10. If the Steelers lose a close game, how will you feel about the season?
I'll try to convince myself that it was a good season, but i'll still feel like crap.

11. If the Steelers are soundly defeated, how will you feel about the season?
See above, only worse

12. What, if any, changes should Mike Tomlin make on his coaching staff for next season.
Where is that fire arians bandwagon, I need to go for a ride.
dcbng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 03:05 PM   #5
austinfrench76
Head Coach

Member Number: 3516

This may be off topic but did Pouncey practice today??!
austinfrench76 is offline   Reply With Quote