Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-04-2011, 11:43 AM   #1
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,689 Times in 2,628 Posts
Default Super Bowl picks: ESPN experts weigh in

Too many to list so here is the link to all of the picks by ESPN folks (apparently excluding Ditka, Keyshawn, Jackson & Carter) - looks like a tilt to Green Bay overall

Michael Wilbon: Steelers, 28-24

As great as Tom Brady and Peyton Manning have been for an entire decade, I think "Big Ben" and Aaron Rodgers are now the two best quarterbacks playing in the league. Roethlisberger is still underrated by his peers and the people who watch football, and we're going to be reminded of that Sunday.

Berman and Steve Young (it will kill Young if #7 gets another ring) are picking the Packers - since I am no fan of either of those gasbags that is fine by me

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playof...perbowlpicks11

Had to scroll to the bottom of one of his mailbag columns to get to it, but SportsGuy/PatriotsFanboy Bill Simmons is also picking the Packers - Simmons wouild have written a week's worth of columns on the glory of why the Pats would win if they had made it, but we get this instead -

Green Bay 37, Pittsburgh 27. Why? Because the Packers pulled a fast one on us this year. They probably should have been a 14-win juggernaut, but injuries and bad luck knocked them down to the wild card. They probably should have been remembered as one of those ridiculously fast, comically explosive, scary-in-a-dome passing teams on the level of the '99 Rams or '98 Vikings, but they were stuck playing in the NFC North. Even this week, they probably should have been favored by more than three against a banged-up Steelers team that ground out two less-than-impressive but gritty home playoff victories, but everyone's been so blinded by Big Ben stories and the possibility of another Pittsburgh dynasty that we talked ourselves into it being an even game. And maybe it will be. I just know I'm not going against Aaron Rodgers indoors. Not this year, anyway.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...4&sportCat=nfl

Last edited by Atlanta Dan; 02-04-2011 at 11:58 AM.
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 11:46 AM   #2
MDSteel15
Team President

Member Number: 8170
My Mood: Blah
Default Re: Super Bowl picks: ESPN experts weigh in

Awesome! Berman is usually wrong anyways!!!
MDSteel15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:03 PM   #3
Jackal
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 9460

Hasn't Berman picked against us in the past 2 Super Bowls, as well? I'm almost certain he did.

Baltimorons. What a bunch of douchenozzles.
Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 12:10 PM   #4
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDSteel15 View Post
Awesome! Berman is usually wrong anyways!!!
"... Berman... lemme tell you sumpin... you don't know the difference between crap & apple-butter...

... and get your hand off mine, Meshawn!!!"
Old 02-04-2011, 12:50 PM   #5
GMU Steeler
Team Owner

Member Number: 16173

Wilbon's always been I think on the money about us. I know he's more of a basketball guy than football but he gets it when it comes to the Steelers and Ben. I think this game will be a close one myself.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:00 PM   #6
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

you could tell Keyshawn hates us and doesn't want to see us win. It didn't even seem like a fair and balanced discussion.
As for the bitter Steve Young, he does hate us, and yes, it would KILL him to see Ben get another one. God forbid the Steelers pull another Lombardi trophy away from the 49er's total.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:03 PM   #7
TRH
Living Legend

Ditka had a ton of kind words for our team and how great the organization, players, and coaches are. Said that we are the model franchise.
Old 02-04-2011, 01:07 PM   #8
acidburn517
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 12879

Why does Steve Young hate Ben and the Steelers so much? I don't get it.

Also, It looks like lot of these experts just expect the Packers to runaway with this thing. The way they talk, you would think we were as inept and untalented as Cleveland or something. I know we were underdogs for XL too but I don't remember the press hype up the other team as much as they have the Packers. It's really annoying.
acidburn517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:10 PM   #9
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,055 Times in 473 Posts

I'm not sure that I would disagree with Simmons and I think his is a pretty fair assessment of GB. They actually DO remind me of the Kurt Warner Rams and unless we can put together a complete effort on Sunday, GB will be a formidable opponent.

I'm not saying that they are going to run up a ton of points or that our secondary is going to get torched, but a few untimely mistakes on our part could let that happen.

It's gonna be close I think and I'm hoping that the complete game that we haven't had all year (at least against anyone worth fighting) is there on Sunday. If it is, I think we can win.

If it isn't...?

Who knows?
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:14 PM   #10
TRH
Living Legend

[QUOTE=acidburn517;914616] Why does Steve Young hate Ben and the Steelers so much? I don't get it.

Because of this: How many SB trophies to the 49ers have? Its 5, right? 4 with Montana, 1 with Young.
The Steelers have 6. One more than the 49ers. If we win another one, that will be 7 and we will be pulling away from the 49ers. The bitter Steve Young can't seem to handle that. I wouldnt' say he "cut's us down" persay...but he definitely goes out of his way to try and knock us down a peg or two every chance he gets.