Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-05-2011, 10:19 AM   #1
FanSince72
Team Owner

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 2,053 Times in 885 Posts
Default Woodley diary

Woodley diary: Team out to prove naysayers wrong
By Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
Saturday, February 5, 2011
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_721537.html

Read more: Woodley diary: Team out to prove naysayers wrong - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt...#ixzz1D68hrIEB

Steelers linebacker LaMarr Woodley, who will start his second Super Bowl on Sunday, shares his thoughts through today with Tribune-Review sports columnist John Harris:

My family made it here. They drove from Detroit to Pittsburgh to fly on a private plane at the Voyager Jet Center. It actually worked out fine because a lot of flights coming out of Detroit were getting delayed going to Dallas. My younger sister is coming (today). She had a basketball game. I have two brothers, two sisters. But only one of my brothers came down, and one of my sisters is coming. My mother and father are here. My daughter, Gabriel, and my fiance are here and My uncle and aunt. We went to the Dallas Galleria Mall for a few hours. It's a pretty big mall. My dad got lost. He wanted to go his own separate way. We found him before we left the mall.

The big thing at the beginning of the season was losing Ben (Roethlisberger) for four games, so no one believed that Pittsburgh was going to win. We had a chance to be 4-0, but we let that game against Baltimore get away from us. We lost to the Saints, we lost to New England, and we lost to the Jets. Going into the second Jets game, everybody thought the Jets were going to have our number because they beat us the first time. We went out there and killed them in the first quarter. And now we're underdogs once again.

I guess when a team has a pretty good offense they forget about the great defense we have. Everybody's talking about Ben versus Aaron Rodgers. Ben can't go up against Aaron Rodgers. It's Aaron Rodgers versus the Pittsburgh Steelers defense. It's Ben Roethlisberger versus the Green Bay Packers defense.

Then (rapper) Lil Wayne came out with a song called "Green and Yellow.'' That's when you know you're a powerhouse team. They want you to lose so bad, they make a song about you. That's when you know everybody is tired of the Pittsburgh Steelers being one of the top franchises in the NFL. Everybody wants to see you lose. Two years ago, they picked Arizona to win the Super Bowl because they had a high-powered offense. Once again, they forgot about our defense.

This year, we were the team that wasn't supposed to win their division. We proved them wrong. People are always going to doubt you. They're always going to try to find different things to bring the team down. They're always looking to pick you apart. But people were wrong. Everybody had New England winning the AFC Championship. We proved them wrong. Now, we're back in the big dance, and they're underestimating us again. We don't need motivation. Our motivation is already here to have an opportunity to win another Super Bowl. What more motivation do you need?
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:24 AM   #2
SH-Rock
Living Legend

Member Number: 15497
Thanked 2,782 Times in 1,080 Posts
Default Re: Woodley diary

This is Steeler Football!
SH-Rock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:58 AM   #3
SacknificentStew56
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16658

This is who my board name is named in honor after. Super Sunday........LET'S GET IT!!
SacknificentStew56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 12:47 PM   #4
Rick5895
Team President

Member Number: 5148

PAY THE MAN!! Keep him in the 'Burgh!!
Rick5895 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 01:26 PM   #5
SouthTexasSteel
Water Boy

Member Number: 12193

I still shake my head as to why everyone is spraying the Steeler hornets nest with water... We have a very proud and angry defense that is hearing EVERY SINGLE WORD about how Rodgers is gonna go through them like a hot knife through butter. Funny enough, I believe Rodgers to be a very intelligent QB and you can bet he is cringing at all this talk about how good the Packers offense is.
SouthTexasSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 02:15 PM   #6
grward
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 7527

Can kick off get here already! Go get 'em 56! And leave nothing on the field!
grward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 03:13 PM   #7
El Nino
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17899

rodgers only put up 14 points against the bears, who's secondary is way worse than ours. i have a feeling rodgers is gonna have a long day
El Nino is offline   Reply With Quote