Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Bucs

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 28, 1:00 PM
FOX

Old 02-05-2011, 03:30 PM   #1
El Nino
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17899
Thumbs up Why we will win Sunday

First of all, I have no idea why the media is giving us such a bad chance and everyone is predicting us to lose this game. Sure green bay is good and had an impressive run throughout the playoffs, but did they forget who we were? The more I think about this game, the more I feel good about our chances. And here's what I think:

1. Rodgers is NOT better than Big Ben. Let's all turn a deaf ear to this Aaron Rodgers hype train. Yes he's a good quarterback with a bright future ahead of him. Yes he's been great in the playoffs, yes he's had a great season. Now let's look at the Steelers quarterback. 10-2 in the postseason, 2 wins in the super bowl. If you take away the first 4 games and average the Steelers passing attack with Ben, their passing offense would actually be ranked higher than Green Bay.

2. This team has been counted out many times this year, you'd think the media would learn their lesson by now. First we weren't supposed to make the playoffs because of 'great' aquisitions by baltimore and cincy, we were supposed to be #3 in the AFC north. Ben Roethlisberger's suspension and the Santonio trade would make us lucky to be 9-7 this year. Baltimore was the better team than us. The red-hot jets who just beat the invincible pats* were gonna do the same to us. Yeah we've all heard it before. Where are we now?

3. This team has the heart of a champion. Does Green Bay? Aside from being counted out, we've lost many key starters on offense, in critical OL and DL positions without taking a step back. We could be like other teams and make excuses, but we don't do that. Ben Roethlisberger played with a broken foot and broken nose to lift us against the ravens in the 2nd matchup. The team showed no quit in the divisional round, being down big, they didn't blink or doubt they'd win for a second.

4. Rodgers can be rattled, Big Ben can't. - Ben is a tough quarterback who makes his best plays under pressure. It seems like when he gets hit hard, you just piss him off, and he comes back to kick your ass even more. Rodgers is a gutsy kid, but is he as tough as Ben? NO. Rodgers seems to be less effective after getting knocked around and with defenders in his face (like most quarterbacks). If both defenses show up and play hard, that favors Ben.

5. Our defense doesn't like getting disrespected. Rodgers said he expects to have a big game. The media can't stop talking about how great Rodgers is, and how he's gonna carve our defense. The media seriously if they want the Steelers to lose, are shooting themselves in the foot. They know how this defense plays when people count them out right? Lamarr Woodley is up against Bulaga, who will be good in the future, but is he ready for Woodley, who has been consistently one of the best steelers pass rushers in the postseason?

6. Everyone forgets Mendenhall. My pick for the MVP. Very underrated, partially because the media loves an air show and they're all in love with how explosive Mike Wallace is. Mendenhall flew under the radar, being #7 in rushing is nothing to balk at. The packers defense is solid in the secondary, but has a soft belly against the run, being #18. If they make the same mistake the jets did (playing coverage to stop our passing attack), look for Rashard to run wild and the Steelers taking this via ground and pound.

7. The dome favors speed? Advantage Steelers. Everyone knows how fast Mike Wallace is. What nobody seems to know is Emmanuel Sanders and Antonio Brown are both 4.4 receivers that don't drop the ball, and deliver in prime time. Mendenhall is a running back with size, but his main strength is quickness. We have a ton of speed on offense, for some reason, the media seems to have forgotten this.

8. Pouncey hurt? No problem. Yes it sucks that our pro bowl center won't be playing. Doug played fine in an emergency role, and the Steelers O, with the exception of a couple botched exchanges didn't lose a step. With 2 weeks to practice with Ben, I'm sure the center-quarterback miscues won't happen. Legursky has had to fill in many times this year and stepped up when we needed him. He will again.

9. Big game experience - been there, done that. Our team has been to the big game and knows how to handle the pressure. Sure this won't be the main deciding factor, but every little bit helps. If it means rodgers can't get it started for half a quarter, that could be the difference between winning and losing. Look how Ben being nervous in his first start compared to his performance in his 2nd SB.

10. Packers will be 1 dimensional. I'm proud of that guy starks, I really am. I love stories about the underdog undrafted rookie making his mark in the NFL. That stops here of course. He will not be able to run against the Steelers D, putting ALL the pressure on Rodgers. More pressure on rodgers, in his 1st super bowl start. Can only help :)

Well that's my thoughts on the game, sorry for the long post, I had to let it out
El Nino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 03:38 PM   #2
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Member Number: 13727
Default Re: Why we will win Sunday

Excellent post. The Green Bay hype-wagon the last two weeks has had me baffled as well.
Old 02-05-2011, 03:39 PM   #3
skuller
Banned

Member Number: 18159

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
First of all, I have no idea why the media is giving us such a bad chance and everyone is predicting us to lose this game. Sure green bay is good and had an impressive run throughout the playoffs, but did they forget who we were? The more I think about this game, the more I feel good about our chances. And here's what I think:

1. Rodgers is NOT better than Big Ben. Let's all turn a deaf ear to this Aaron Rodgers hype train. Yes he's a good quarterback with a bright future ahead of him. Yes he's been great in the playoffs, yes he's had a great season. Now let's look at the Steelers quarterback. 10-2 in the postseason, 2 wins in the super bowl. If you take away the first 4 games and average the Steelers passing attack with Ben, their passing offense would actually be ranked higher than Green Bay.

2. This team has been counted out many times this year, you'd think the media would learn their lesson by now. First we weren't supposed to make the playoffs because of 'great' aquisitions by baltimore and cincy, we were supposed to be #3 in the AFC north. Ben Roethlisberger's suspension and the Santonio trade would make us lucky to be 9-7 this year. Baltimore was the better team than us. The red-hot jets who just beat the invincible pats* were gonna do the same to us. Yeah we've all heard it before. Where are we now?

3. This team has the heart of a champion. Does Green Bay? Aside from being counted out, we've lost many key starters on offense, in critical OL and DL positions without taking a step back. We could be like other teams and make excuses, but we don't do that. Ben Roethlisberger played with a broken foot and broken nose to lift us against the ravens in the 2nd matchup. The team showed no quit in the divisional round, being down big, they didn't blink or doubt they'd win for a second.

4. Rodgers can be rattled, Big Ben can't. - Ben is a tough quarterback who makes his best plays under pressure. It seems like when he gets hit hard, you just piss him off, and he comes back to kick your ass even more. Rodgers is a gutsy kid, but is he as tough as Ben? NO. Rodgers seems to be less effective after getting knocked around and with defenders in his face (like most quarterbacks). If both defenses show up and play hard, that favors Ben.

5. Our defense doesn't like getting disrespected. Rodgers said he expects to have a big game. The media can't stop talking about how great Rodgers is, and how he's gonna carve our defense. The media seriously if they want the Steelers to lose, are shooting themselves in the foot. They know how this defense plays when people count them out right? Lamarr Woodley is up against Bulaga, who will be good in the future, but is he ready for Woodley, who has been consistently one of the best steelers pass rushers in the postseason?

6. Everyone forgets Mendenhall. My pick for the MVP. Very underrated, partially because the media loves an air show and they're all in love with how explosive Mike Wallace is. Mendenhall flew under the radar, being #7 in rushing is nothing to balk at. The packers defense is solid in the secondary, but has a soft belly against the run, being #18. If they make the same mistake the jets did (playing coverage to stop our passing attack), look for Rashard to run wild and the Steelers taking this via ground and pound.

7. The dome favors speed? Advantage Steelers. Everyone knows how fast Mike Wallace is. What nobody seems to know is Emmanuel Sanders and Antonio Brown are both 4.4 receivers that don't drop the ball, and deliver in prime time. Mendenhall is a running back with size, but his main strength is quickness. We have a ton of speed on offense, for some reason, the media seems to have forgotten this.

8. Pouncey hurt? No problem. Yes it sucks that our pro bowl center won't be playing. Doug played fine in an emergency role, and the Steelers O, with the exception of a couple botched exchanges didn't lose a step. With 2 weeks to practice with Ben, I'm sure the center-quarterback miscues won't happen. Legursky has had to fill in many times this year and stepped up when we needed him. He will again.

9. Big game experience - been there, done that. Our team has been to the big game and knows how to handle the pressure. Sure this won't be the main deciding factor, but every little bit helps. If it means rodgers can't get it started for half a quarter, that could be the difference between winning and losing. Look how Ben being nervous in his first start compared to his performance in his 2nd SB.

10. Packers will be 1 dimensional. I'm proud of that guy starks, I really am. I love stories about the underdog undrafted rookie making his mark in the NFL. That stops here of course. He will not be able to run against the Steelers D, putting ALL the pressure on Rodgers. More pressure on rodgers, in his 1st super bowl start. Can only help :)

Well that's my thoughts on the game, sorry for the long post, I had to let it out
This time you wonít have the referees on your side either. another reason the Steelers wont win... Did you see Hines Ward in that Gay Cowboy outfit he sealed your fate right there.
skuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 03:42 PM   #4
skuller
Banned

Member Number: 18159

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddle_Of_Steel View Post
Excellent post. The Green Bay hype-wagon the last two weeks has had me baffled as well.

Who do you guys think you are??? It baffles me on how confident you are crazy!!!
skuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 03:46 PM   #5
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by skuller View Post
This time you wonít have the referees on your side either. another reason the Steelers wont win... Did you see Hines Ward in that Gay Cowboy outfit he sealed your fate right there.
You already stated this in another thread, and it was as equally meaningless then as it is now.

Better start getting your excuses lined up for Monday....

Old 02-05-2011, 03:47 PM   #6
El Nino
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Who do you guys think you are??? It baffles me on how confident you are crazy!!!
it baffles me how gay you are. i mean you can talk football but the first thing out of your mouth is about hines ward in a cowboy outfit?

fudge packers, i tell you
Old 02-05-2011, 03:48 PM   #7
Riddle_Of_Steel
Head Coach

Quote:
Who do you guys think you are???
Fans of the Pittsburgh Steelers, already two-time winners this decade, and going for their third.

Quote:
It baffles me on how confident you are crazy!!!
Yet you failed to address even a single one of El Nino's points he made, with anything other than your ridiculous vaporing about Hines Ward sealing our fate by wearing some dumb outift and horsing around.

Old 02-05-2011, 03:50 PM   #8
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
it baffles me how gay you are. i mean you can talk football but the first thing out of your mouth is about hines ward in a cowboy outfit?

fudge packers, i tell you
Cause thats all he got Nino........NUTTIN!!!

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 04:00 PM   #9
El Nino
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stb_steeler View Post
Cause thats all he got Nino........NUTTIN!!!
but.. but.. but RODGERS!
Old 02-05-2011, 04:10 PM   #10
El Nino
Bench Warmer

#11 - Madden 11 simulator picked us and it's 6 for 7 :) http://blog.games.yahoo.com/blog/355...cts-madden-11/

[youtube]YwYijHKtVUY[/youtube]