Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Steelers Draft Central > ** The War Room 2012 **

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 05-12-2006, 08:29 AM   #1
clevestinks
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 302
Default Craig Wolfleys take on the draft!

Wolf's take on the draft

May 12, 2006

The Steelers draft was another gem orchestrated by Kevin Colbert, Bill Cowher and that great scouting staff on the southside.
What really separates the Steelers from a lot of other clubs is that they are their own judge, jury and executioner of available talent. Where other teams are afraid to make moves because they adhere to generally accepted draft value picks, where teams won?t move unless the trade value complies with a set of statistics, the Steelers brain trust identifies their man and goes after him like a **** Lebeau zone blitz.

Gentleman?start your engines!!!

Get in the fast lane for the Steelers offensive fireworks this year because the ?need for speed? has been answered in the Steelers first offensive two picks.
Old 05-12-2006, 08:40 AM   #2
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009
Default Re: Craig Wolfleys take on the draft!

Normally with Tunch and Wolfley I take what they say with a grain of salt. These are two guys that find a positive no matter how dire the situation, I guess that's what they get paid to do, one of many reasons why I miss Myron, but in this case I agree with Wolf.

Last edited by 83-Steelers-43; 05-12-2006 at 08:46 AM.
83-Steelers-43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 09:01 AM   #3
Hypnotic
Water Boy

Member Number: 2340

Did anyone catch the morning radio show today? They were talking about the whole SI issue with Hines Ward. Alot callers called in calling a pretty boy punk (go figure). Also they kinda got side tracked on the issue starting talking about minorities in Pittsburgh sports dating back to Clemente and the glory years of the Pirates. A caller commented on how the Pittsburgh Pirates need more African American athletes in the organization. Now I'm not a baseball fan but I'am black and I really dont think that is the answer to the Pirates problems. What do you guys think?

l The College Endzone l
~Welcome to the Steel City Santonio Holmes~
Hypnotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 09:14 AM   #4
83-Steelers-43
Living Legend

Member Number: 1009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypnotic
A caller commented on how the Pittsburgh Pirates need more African American athletes in the organization. Now I'm not a baseball fan but I'am black and I really dont think that is the answer to the Pirates problems. What do you guys think?
Not to go off topic on baseball, but real quick. What that caller doesn't bother mentioning going by your comments, is that it's not just the Pirates that have a lack of African-American baseball players. It's the whole league that is lacking African-American ball players. Ownership and the state of the game is the main problem in my opinion when it comes to the Pirates.