Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers > Game Reporter

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-06-2011, 09:24 PM   #1041
fortmemphis
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 17288
Default Re: Steelers at Packers SuperBowl XV 2/7/11 Game Day Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince72 View Post
Maybe the best team didn't win, but the better one did if only by virtue of an easy walk-in pick six courtesy of a pass that should never have been thrown.

Let's face it, going down by 14 to a team like Green Bay is very difficult to recover from and if you take away that one play, we win by a point. The consolation is that we didn't get our asses kicked and we weren't dominated. We simply spotted a very evenly matched team too many points.

Green Bay played a great game and a tough game and I congratulate them on the win!
many teams would have folded and layed down. The Steelers have pride and they made a game of it until 49 secs left. Many other teams would not have come back and GB would have routed them. Pittsburgh represented themselves well in that regard. Just gave them to many turnovers thats it. And none of the analysts will even say it. I dont understand
fortmemphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:28 PM   #1042
bigkam17
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17435

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince72 View Post
Maybe the best team didn't win, but the better one did if only by virtue of an easy walk-in pick six courtesy of a pass that should never have been thrown.

Let's face it, going down by 14 to a team like Green Bay is very difficult to recover from and if you take away that one play, we win by a point. The consolation is that we didn't get our asses kicked and we weren't dominated. We simply spotted a very evenly matched team too many points.

Green Bay played a great game and a tough game and I congratulate them on the win!
Completely agree. Green Bay deserved to win because they played the better game. It's just a shame we didn't play solid, don't think this one would have been the same outcome. But we didn't come close with our performance.
bigkam17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:30 PM   #1043
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,055 Times in 473 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortmemphis View Post
many teams would have folded and layed down. The Steelers have pride and they made a game of it until 49 secs left. Many other teams would not have come back and GB would have routed them. Pittsburgh represented themselves well in that regard. Just gave them to many turnovers thats it. And none of the analysts will even say it. I dont understand
Well that's Fox.

First of all, they're an NFC network and secondly a conservative network and I really don't think they see Ben as worthy of too much praise (considering his recent past) and that has more to do with their base demographic than anything else.

Yeah, it's political and PC and all that stuff, but it is what it is.
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:31 PM   #1044
fortmemphis
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 17288

Tomlin not really wanting to have anything to do with talking about turnovers. I am sure he doesnt want to take anything away from GBs victory and he is all business as usual. It was a fun run. Sad we didnt win but hats off to Green Bay. Hope some GB folks come on here and see this. Congratulations cheeseheads. You have a fine team, seems like a classy organization--just like Pittsburgh
fortmemphis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:34 PM   #1045
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,055 Times in 473 Posts

Quote:
Tomlin not really wanting to have anything to do with talking about turnovers. I am sure he doesnt want to take anything away from GBs victory and he is all business as usual. It was a fun run. Sad we didnt win but hats off to Green Bay. Hope some GB folks come on here and see this. Congratulations cheeseheads. You have a fine team, seems like a classy organization--just like Pittsburgh
Well said and very true.

Hey, when you lose you don't point fingers and Tomlin isn't like that and that's one of the things I really like about him. As far as we're concerned, for a team that no one picked to finish better than third in our division, I'd say it was a helluva run, so there's nothing to be ashamed of.

And it was a fun game to watch despite the outcome for us.
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:48 PM   #1046
Pentheon
Team Captain

Member Number: 7606

good game to green bay n the fans...no excsuses, we had TOO many chances to take a lead and yet we either turned it over or couldnt convert.
Pentheon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 10:07 PM   #1047
IndianaPacker
Water Boy

Member Number: 18187

Quote:
Tough game. Your defense played well against Rodgers and probably had a lot to do with him being a little off tonight. After reading through a couple of pages at the end of this game thread and seeing your reactions when your team loses, I have to say that Steeler fans are as classy as any in the country. Good luck with the off season. I'm sure we'll be seeing each other again soon.
IndianaPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 10:10 PM   #1048
Raw Steel
Team Captain

Member Number: 15349

I think everyone will look at the turnovers, but don't overlook two special teams plays that were crucial in this game. Ryan Mundy's dumb penalty put the Steelers in the shadow of their own end zone and if you watch on Ben's INT, he doesn't take the full 7 step drop so he is not in the end zone. He was closer to the LOS which is why he got hit when he released the ball.

And Keyaron Fox's penalty ended up not mattering, but how can the captain of your special teams make such a bone-headed play in a crucial part of the game.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:06 PM   #1049
IA.cheese
Water Boy

Member Number: 18193

Quote:
...hats off to Green Bay. Hope some GB folks come on here and see this. Congratulations cheeseheads. You have a fine team, seems like a classy organization--just like Pittsburgh
Thank you, Sir. I have a lot of respect for the Steelers organization and your comment showed me just how great Steelers fans can be, too.
IA.cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 11:22 PM   #1050
NFL_Enthusiast
Water Boy

Member Number: 18194

I am new here, and a Packers fan and I want to first and foremost say what a hell of a game! Regardless of what side of the fence you're on, it was an incredible game to watch. With that said, reading from the last few pages (I obviously haven't read them all) you guys seem to be the classiest fans on any NFL forum I have ever run across. I cannot imagine a more perfect matchup than tonights game. The Steelers played us very hard and showed class throughout the whole game. Great season, guys!
NFL_Enthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote