Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 02-06-2011, 08:08 AM   #1
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,299 Times in 3,268 Posts
Default Aaron Rodgers vs. Ben Roethlisberger shaping up to be Good vs. Evil

I guess they are still bitter about the Jets loss in New York

Columns like this are why I will not be attending a Super Bowl party to watch the game today - you always get some folks at these parties who are watching their first game of the season (the ones who chatter away when the game is being played and then tell everyone to be quiet so they can pay attention to the commercials) and this year those will be the ones who will be aware of Roethlisberger and make some crack to which I will feel obliged to respond - it will all go downhill from there

So, why is Rodgers now considered the golden boy of the NFL? And why is Roethlisberger not getting credit for doing so much winning in such a short period of time?

This is the Super Bowl of Good vs. Evil.

Rodgers is a truly nice guy who dealt flawlessly with an awkward situation taking over for Favre. He played so well this year that many people have said if they were starting a team right now, Rodgers would be their quarterback.

Big Ben? He's in serious need of image repair.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...ing_up_to.html
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 08:13 AM   #2
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911
Default Re: Aaron Rodgers vs. Ben Roethlisberger shaping up to be Good vs. Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
So, why is Rodgers now considered the golden boy of the NFL?
... because the Steelers eliminated the media's previous golden boy, Sanchez, 2 weeks ago?

Old 02-06-2011, 08:18 AM   #3
Kanata-Steeler
Team President

Member Number: 15552

why is it, whenever the Steelers don't make it so to speak, Steelers are NOT bitter-cry-babies about it all ? year in and year out. You don't hear us whining with stoopid excuses.
I guess that proves Steelers are honourable and really do write the "real" books on NFL post-game sportmanship.

Cheers, and Kudos to the Steelers organization !
Kanata-Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:24 AM   #4
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

Quote:
I guess they are still bitter about the Jets loss in New York

Columns like this are why I will not be attending a Super Bowl party to watch the game today - you always get some folks at these parties who are watching their first game of the season (the ones who chatter away when the game is being played and then tell everyone to be quiet so they can pay attention to the commercials) and this year those will be the ones who will be aware of Roethlisberger and make some crack to which I will feel obliged to respond - it will all go downhill from there

So, why is Rodgers now considered the golden boy of the NFL? And why is Roethlisberger not getting credit for doing so much winning in such a short period of time?

This is the Super Bowl of Good vs. Evil.

Rodgers is a truly nice guy who dealt flawlessly with an awkward situation taking over for Favre. He played so well this year that many people have said if they were starting a team right now, Rodgers would be their quarterback.

Big Ben? He's in serious need of image repair.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...ing_up_to.html
i agree. if i was starting a team and could have any QB hands down it would be Rodgers. he only started 3 years ago and in that time he has the best qb rating ever in the history of the nfl. the guy is the best qb and in my mind he will go down as the best ever by the time he calls it quits.

i belive he will have a super bowl ring or 2 but unfortunatly for him it wont be this year.
Old 02-06-2011, 09:39 AM   #5
tube517
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1868

Aaron Rodgers was voted into the HOF according to The Disney Channel II (BSPN). Everyone except Skip Bayless is all over ARodg's jockstrap
tube517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:49 AM   #6
Kanata-Steeler
Team President

Member Number: 15552

Rodgers is like you know who?: "... somebody please get that monkey off my back..." -Steve Young.
Under the late great Brett Favre, whom Rodgers trained under, Rodgers has somethin to prove, just like Steve Young, and that maybe his perogative.
But I hope, not only do we leave that self-imagined "monkey" on his back, but we now add a few hundred more pounds of Grizzly bear, aka Harrison, .... ya babies ya. :)
Kanata-Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:55 AM   #7
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanata-Steeler View Post
Rodgers is like you know who?: "... somebody please get that monkey off my back..." -Steve Young.
Under the late great Brett Favre, whom Rodgers trained under, Rodgers has somethin to prove, just like Steve Young, and that maybe his perogative.
But I hope, not only do we leave that self-imagined "monkey" on his back, but we now add a few hundred more pounds of Grizzly bear, aka Harrison, .... ya babies ya. :)
Media is all over why we need to root for Rodgers since he apparently has become a beloved veteran like Elway in the later years of his career and deserves to "get the monkey off his back" - this from The Washington Post

Unless you years ago marked "Steeler Nation" in the residency box, this is why Rodgers and the Packers need the rest of the world to root for them Sunday night.
Here's hoping Rodgers outruns the memory of Favre for at least a night, that he gets the proverbial monkey off by landing, well, the knockout punch.

Sports can be cruel and unsentimental at times, and this is one of those times. Aaron Rodgers needs to win if only because the best way to make people forget about a legend is to just plain knock him out.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...020503169.html
Old 02-06-2011, 10:00 AM   #8
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete74 View Post
i agree. if i was starting a team and could have any QB hands down it would be Rodgers. he only started 3 years ago and in that time he has the best qb rating ever in the history of the nfl. the guy is the best qb and in my mind he will go down as the best ever by the time he calls it quits.

i belive he will have a super bowl ring or 2 but unfortunatly for him it wont be this year.
Not knocking Rodgers, but if he is going to be the best ever he better hurry up and get some rings while piling up huge stats in the next few seasons - not Rodgers fault he had to wait behind Favre but he already is in his sixth season

He may be regarded as the best QB for the next 5 years, but given his apprenticeship it will be tough for him to catch Peyton Manning's stats or the number of rings won by Montana - in some ways he is the same position as Steve Young, who had monster passing ratings but lost years of his career sitting behind Montana
Old 02-07-2011, 05:38 AM   #9
pete74
Super Moderator
Supporter

Member Number: 15921

Quote:
Not knocking Rodgers, but if he is going to be the best ever he better hurry up and get some rings while piling up huge stats in the next few seasons - not Rodgers fault he had to wait behind Favre but he already is in his sixth season

He may be regarded as the best QB for the next 5 years, but given his apprenticeship it will be tough for him to catch Peyton Manning's stats or the number of rings won by Montana - in some ways he is the same position as Steve Young, who had monster passing ratings but lost years of his career sitting behind Montana
was that fast enough
Old 02-07-2011, 08:14 AM   #10
Curtain_of_Steel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 11678
My Mood: Amazed

Well its to bad for Aaron.. Because Madden will take him next year for the cover, lol

I was sick of the love fest 2 weeks ago, and i'm sure it will continue for a couple more weeks.

Funny thing is, the talking heads annointed rodgers in the ELITE by winning the ring. Ben wins 2, one by the same route a 6 seed, and most do not list him an elite QB.

More fuel for next year
Curtain_of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote