Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Referees    Browns

Old 02-06-2011, 03:49 PM   #1
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,676 Times in 2,624 Posts
Default Why Ed Bouchette is picking the Steelers

Pre-game analysis from Ed. B. of the P-G - i know he has not seen the Steelers as much as Steve Young and Tom Jackson but I guess this gives me some reason to watch the game

Why the Steelers will win.

Caught a little of the pregame coverage this morning on various networks and noticed that most of them are picking the Packers and since the Pack is a 2 point favorite, that stands to reason. I also believe that the Steelers games against New England and New Orleans have people skittish about picking them against an offense that also can spread out there defense and go to work.

But I like Dick LeBeau’s chances to come up with something over the course of two weeks to combat that. Here is what I believe he will do. Since the Packers have no running game to speak of and since their strength is their passing game, the Steelers expect Green Bay to come out throwing and not stop.

The Steelers long preach about making a team one-dimensional by first stopping the run. Green Bay will save them the trouble by not even trying to run. So the Steelers will go after Aaron Rodgers. Sometimes. On other occasions they will drop into coverage. They will mix things up so that he won’t have a clue as to what they are going to do. They will give him a variety of blitzes – they are not going to sit passively in coverage all day the way they did against New England.

Remember what Dick LeBeau said after that New England game? He told some people that if they had to play the Patriots, they would never do that again to his defense.

Well, I believe that experience will help them here. John Kuhn is not going to beat this team by running. It has to be all Aaron Rodgers and his receivers. They will get their yards. But I believe they also will commit a few turnovers that will prove costly. The Steelers have the best defense the Packers will have seen this year.

On offense, look for a few trick plays. The Steelers have been practicing them and will pull one or two out of their pockets today. I don’t know what they are but look for it to happen.

I believe Ben Roethlisberger will have a huge game and Aaron Rodgers will not. My pick for MVP is BR and not AR.

Steelers 24, Packers 13.

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/i...nd-here-is-why
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 04:01 PM   #2
jaygorius
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 10909
Default Re: Why Ed Bouchette is picking the Steelers

That is how I have felt. Everyone talks about what the Pats did to the Steelers, but I really felt like Lebeau was not tipping his hand in that game.

If Dick Lebeau is really as good as we all believe him to be, then he should be able to come up with something to do to counter getting spread out.
jaygorius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 04:04 PM   #3
desertsteel
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 915

I like this analysis........ a LOT :)
desertsteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 04:12 PM   #4
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

these guys have to be fired up about not getting any respect.. they win 2 Super Bowls in 5 years, yet everyone has anointed the Packers and Rodgers as the second coming of Montana and the 49ers. all of a sudden our defense sucks and can't stop anyone... wtf? everyone still has the Falcons-Packers game in their heads.. we aren't the ****ing Falcons and we don't play shit defense like they do. our QB is a postseason winner, Ryan hasn't even won a playoff game. i can't wait for the game.. lets earn the respect we deserve!
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 04:27 PM   #5
finesward
Team Captain

Member Number: 14448

My nerves are shot... I'm hoping for the best. This will by far be the toughest game of the season for us. I think we have the players to step up and make the big plays vs. the packers crew. They are a great story, overcoming as much as they have. But like polamalu said in 08 what story will prevail? I think through everything that's happened this season, with the ben fiasco, the injuries, the fines...we don't get this far and then fall flat. I expect everyone to bring their A game tonight...Ben and Mendy will cement themselves as a force..while the defense will vindicate their previous lapses against brady and the saints (although Im not convinced the saints game was all on the D)
finesward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 04:51 PM   #6
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,055 Times in 473 Posts

I am like totally buggin' right now and I just want this thing to get started.

So one last time:

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!!!!!

FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 04:58 PM   #7
theplatypus
Team Owner

Member Number: 3329

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince72 View Post

So one last time:

HERE WE GO STEELERS, HERE WE GO!!!!!!!

That makes at least two of us.
theplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 05:00 PM   #8
4xSBChamps
Head Coach

Member Number: 1911

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince72 View Post
ate my dinner 30 minutes ago, tossed it 10 minutes ago, so I'm ready