Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 01-24-2011, 10:36 PM   #1
SteelKnight
Team President

Member Number: 16119
Default No excuse for Wallace

I love Wallace but he has called himself one of the best. If that's the case then he has to come through big in this Super Bowl...the biggest stage.

The best receivers come through. We don't talk about who was covering them...they just come through. When you think of Swann, Stallworth, Rice, Irvin, or even some of today's greats, they come through.

You can't say "They had a really good corner." I don't mind it if it is only 2 CBs...Revis or Namdi that a WR gets shut down by but you have to be willing to face the other teams' #1 CB and beat them if you want to be a #1 WR. When we played Arizona, Fitz didn't say "That Ike is pretty good, guess I'll keep him occupied and the rest of you will have to come through."

Hopefully the dome will let him bring out his speed.

Go Wallace!
Old 01-24-2011, 10:38 PM   #2
zulater
Team Owner

Member Number: 5296
Default Re: No excuse for Wallace

What, sick of hating on Heath Miller and needed a new target?
Old 01-24-2011, 10:42 PM   #3
El Nino
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17899

he is one of the best. he burnt revis bad on one play and it was just unfortunate that ben underthrew him by a mile, that had TD written all over it if it was thrown farther
El Nino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:48 PM   #4
lexingtonsteelersfan
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 17590

I predict a big game from him and i predict a touchdown catch from Randle El. Yes we are going to use that play again.
lexingtonsteelersfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:49 PM   #5
sarahpalinhater
Banned

Member Number: 17609

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelKnight View Post
I love Wallace but he has called himself one of the best. If that's the case then he has to come through big in this Super Bowl...the biggest stage.

The best receivers come through. We don't talk about who was covering them...they just come through. When you think of Swann, Stallworth, Rice, Irvin, or even some of today's greats, they come through.

You can't say "They had a really good corner." I don't mind it if it is only 2 CBs...Revis or Namdi that a WR gets shut down by but you have to be willing to face the other teams' #1 CB and beat them if you want to be a #1 WR. When we played Arizona, Fitz didn't say "That Ike is pretty good, guess I'll keep him occupied and the rest of you will have to come through."

Go Wallace!

I wouldn't say Michael Irvin exactly tore it up in his Super Bowl appearances. Yes in his first game he had 8 catches for 114 Yds and 2 TD's. But that game was a Blow out after the first quarter, where Irvin didn't do squat really. His scores came late in the 2nd, and 3rd quarters when Dallas was up by 35 points. In his next 2 Super Bowls Irvin had a total of 13 catches for 137 Yds and 0 TD's. Hardly All World.
sarahpalinhater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:51 PM   #6
USWSteel
Banned

Member Number: 17495

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelKnight View Post

Go Wallace!
Who's going to throw him the ball ? ben cant get the ball down the field to him unless we play Cleveland next week ? maybe El can throw him a deep ball.
USWSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:52 PM   #7
SeinfeldNut
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17822

I think he will get plenty of opportunities to make plays in space against that Packers defense, especially if we can get the running game going like we did in the AFC Title game. That will set Ben up for play action or taking some long shots down the field, including taking some shots at Wallace.

Class, Integrity, Character
SeinfeldNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:55 PM   #8
Wallace108

Member Number:

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Nino View Post
he is one of the best. he burnt revis bad on one play and it was just unfortunate that ben underthrew him by a mile, that had TD written all over it if it was thrown farther
Bingo. I spent all last week telling Jets fans here that Wallace would burn Revis deep one on one. He did it, and Ben underthrew him.

Wallace will be fine, but he needs Ben to get the ball to him.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:56 PM   #9
cubanstogie
Head Coach

Member Number: 3082

Quote:
Originally Posted by USWSteel View Post
Who's going to throw him the ball ? ben cant get the ball down the field to him unless we play Cleveland next week ? maybe El can throw him a deep ball.
where have you been all year hiding under a rock until two days ago. Ben to Wallace is one of the best big play tandem in the league.
cubanstogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 11:08 PM   #10
USWSteel
Banned

Member Number: 17495

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubanstogie View Post
where have you been all year hiding under a rock until two days ago. Ben to Wallace is one of the best big play tandem in the league.
Do you watch any of the games or just look at the stat line ? 95% of Wallaces yards are after a 10-15 pass and he runs after the catch.... get real. The longest throw to Wallace actually in the air this year was by leftwich in the preseason vs the giants. Right on the money... Ben looks like a noodle arm with all his under thrown passes this year... oh except when he drilled it to Mendy about 100 mph from 5 yards away for a INT yesterday !
USWSteel is offline   Reply With Quote