Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 02-06-2011, 03:58 PM   #1
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 7,482 Times in 3,331 Posts
Default Total Cluster**** At Cowboys Stadium

Nobody can control the weather but apparently nobody even bothered to anticipate what to do if there was ice on the roof of Cowboys Stadium on game day - if I missed kickoff after laying out major $$ for tickets I would be furious

Ice hazard shuts four of 10 entrances to stadium

Two days after falling ice sent several to a local hospital, the remaining hazard on the roof of Cowboys Stadium has compelled the closure of four of 10 entrances to the cavernous venue, according to the Associated Press....

It remains to be seen whether a 40-percent reduction in the ingress/egress routes will impact the ability of fans to get in or out of the stadium.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...es-to-stadium/

This from Ed. B. of the P-G (with a drive-by shot by Ed at Cowboys Stadium)

We’re at the stadium, which is so big, so gaudy it is decadent. Ron Cook used the word. It is so excessive it should embarrass us as Americans. Give me Heinz Field.

Before I get on to my analysis and why I picked the Steelers earlier – and I hope you can read this when it’s posted because we’ve had some bad software problems and I do not want to have to try to post this Monday morning as Lost Slog III – I have to tell you about my trip here.

We took the 20-minute trip to the stadium from our hotel in downtown dallas and breezed into the area around the stadium and then gridlock. With more than 105,000 fans coming to the game and traffic everywhere, all the traffic came to a stop. We finally exited the bus and walked. Not a bad walk because it’s a nice day out and they really should have the roof open, but it’s closed.

Anyway, once we get there, we have to put our bags down so a bomb-sniffing dog can, well, try to sniff out some bombs. Once laddie determined that we had no bombs with our computers in our briefcases, we went through a metal detector and then got the patdown. The Rev. Jesse Jackson was right behind me and got the same patdown.

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/i...nd-here-is-why

And as Tony posted earlier they also screwed up the temporary seating

The NFL has distributed in the press box at Cowboys Stadium a statement that will keep some fans who have tickets from actually getting in to tonight’s game.

“There are a limited number of sections in temporary seating areas inside the stadium that have not been fully completed,” the statement reads. “We are working to resolve the matter and expect that by game time most of the fans affected will have been accommodated in their seats or relocated to similar or better seats.

“Those fans that are affected by this will be directed to the Party Plaza area while the matter is resolved.

“Fans who are not accommodated with seats inside the stadium will each receive a refund of triple the cost of the face value of their ticket.

“We regret the situation.”

Regret is an understatement.

Frankly, a triple-cost refund isn’t enough. The NFL also should reimburse the affected fans for all travel and lodging expenses. Regardless of how this happened, it’s inexcusable for the fans to find out upon arriving at the stadium that they’re S.O.L. At a bare minimum, the affected fans should be refunded every dime spent to make a trip they otherwise would not have made.

And how is this something that comes up now, on game day? Surely, the league knew about this before Sunday. Why not be candid about it so that the affected fans could choose either not to make the trip to Dallas or not to make the trek to the stadium.

Of course, that would have increased the numbers of folks who’d be eligible for refunds, and it would have prevented the league from getting as many folding chairs as possible crammed into the venue so that refunds of some big-dollar tickets wouldn’t be required.

It’s disappointing to see a league that gets so many things right whiff on something so fundamental as ensuring that every ticket sold will translate to a corresponding seat.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...t-in-the-cold/

Helluva job Jerry! - let's see Goodell figure out how to blame Roethlisberger and Harrison for this
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 04:00 PM   #2
Meadkins40
Water Boy

Member Number: 17719
Default Re: Total Cluster**** At Cowboys Stadium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
Nobody can control the weather but apparently nobody even bothered to anticipate what to do if there was ice on the roof of Cowboys Stadium on game day - if I missed kickoff after laying out major $$ for tickets I would be furious

Ice hazard shuts four of 10 entrances to stadium

Two days after falling ice sent several to a local hospital, the remaining hazard on the roof of Cowboys Stadium has compelled the closure of four of 10 entrances to the cavernous venue, according to the Associated Press....

It remains to be seen whether a 40-percent reduction in the ingress/egress routes will impact the ability of fans to get in or out of the stadium.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...es-to-stadium/

This from Ed. B. of the P-G (with a drive-by shot by Ed at Cowboys Stadium)

We’re at the stadium, which is so big, so gaudy it is decadent. Ron Cook used the word. It is so excessive it should embarrass us as Americans. Give me Heinz Field.

Before I get on to my analysis and why I picked the Steelers earlier – and I hope you can read this when it’s posted because we’ve had some bad software problems and I do not want to have to try to post this Monday morning as Lost Slog III – I have to tell you about my trip here.

We took the 20-minute trip to the stadium from our hotel in downtown dallas and breezed into the area around the stadium and then gridlock. With more than 105,000 fans coming to the game and traffic everywhere, all the traffic came to a stop. We finally exited the bus and walked. Not a bad walk because it’s a nice day out and they really should have the roof open, but it’s closed.

Anyway, once we get there, we have to put our bags down so a bomb-sniffing dog can, well, try to sniff out some bombs. Once laddie determined that we had no bombs with our computers in our briefcases, we went through a metal detector and then got the patdown. The Rev. Jesse Jackson was right behind me and got the same patdown.

And as Tony posted earlier they also screwed up the temporary seating

The NFL has distributed in the press box at Cowboys Stadium a statement that will keep some fans who have tickets from actually getting in to tonight’s game.

“There are a limited number of sections in temporary seating areas inside the stadium that have not been fully completed,” the statement reads. “We are working to resolve the matter and expect that by game time most of the fans affected will have been accommodated in their seats or relocated to similar or better seats.

“Those fans that are affected by this will be directed to the Party Plaza area while the matter is resolved.

“Fans who are not accommodated with seats inside the stadium will each receive a refund of triple the cost of the face value of their ticket.

“We regret the situation.”

Regret is an understatement.

Frankly, a triple-cost refund isn’t enough. The NFL also should reimburse the affected fans for all travel and lodging expenses. Regardless of how this happened, it’s inexcusable for the fans to find out upon arriving at the stadium that they’re S.O.L. At a bare minimum, the affected fans should be refunded every dime spent to make a trip they otherwise would not have made.

And how is this something that comes up now, on game day? Surely, the league knew about this before Sunday. Why not be candid about it so that the affected fans could choose either not to make the trip to Dallas or not to make the trek to the stadium.

Of course, that would have increased the numbers of folks who’d be eligible for refunds, and it would have prevented the league from getting as many folding chairs as possible crammed into the venue so that refunds of some big-dollar tickets wouldn’t be required.

It’s disappointing to see a league that gets so many things right whiff on something so fundamental as ensuring that every ticket sold will translate to a corresponding seat.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...t-in-the-cold/

Helluva job Jerry! - let's see Goodell figure out how to blame Roethlisberger and Harrison for this
Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy LOL.
Meadkins40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 04:02 PM   #3
NCBlackWolf
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 18115

I don't think words could describe how pissed I would be that were one of my seats.
On a side note couldn't have happened to a bigger idiot. Thanks, Jer'.
Old 02-06-2011, 04:13 PM   #4
jjpro11
Living Legend

Member Number: 3559

yeah, you'll be getting Super Bowl 50 Jerry.. you egotistical POS.
jjpro11 is offline   Reply With Quote