Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-06-2011, 10:54 PM   #1
R2sojr
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 892
Default Super Bowl not so Super

This thread may be moved but does anyone feel like this Sper Bowl was terrible from the get go. I mean 1st the weather was a killer, then the national anthem was screwed up, playing surface was terrible, what like 400 fans denied and the halftime show was complete trash besides Usher. I had the kinda (lets get this over with already feeling all week).
Old 02-06-2011, 10:59 PM   #2
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315
Default Re: Super Bowl not so Super

The field was the same for both teams...so theres no complaint there.

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 11:01 PM   #3
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

ya know, the main thing i thought about after the game was over was that "wow....that really wasn't a very good game". There were plenty of better playoff games this year. This will go down as one of the most boring games in SB history.
Not really any huge, big dramatic plays. No player on either side really stood out as a star of the game. Just in general, not really a good game.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 11:02 PM   #4
R2sojr
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 892

Quote:
Originally Posted by stb_steeler View Post
The field was the same for both teams...so theres no complaint there.
Im not making an excuse im just saying it seems like players were going down left and right with injuries from the field on both teams thats all.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:02 PM   #5
SteelerEmpire
Team President

Member Number: 14355
Thanked 1,540 Times in 700 Posts

To be absolutely honest, this SB was BORING (if Steelers would have won or lost).... I think that stadium and Jerry Jones just didn't mix with us right .

A HOUSE DIVIDED WILL FALL TO IT'S ENEMIES;
BUT IN UNITY THERE ARE 6' SUPER BOWLS !!!
SteelerEmpire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 11:03 PM   #6
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
ya know, the main thing i thought about after the game was over was that "wow....that really wasn't a very good game". There were plenty of better playoff games this year. This will go down as one of the most boring games in SB history.
Not really any huge, big dramatic plays. No player on either side really stood out as a star of the game. Just in general, not really a good game.
Really? You thought it was boring?

Would have been boring if it was a blowout, but that was a classic one IMO.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 11:07 PM   #7
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCMom View Post
Really? You thought it was boring?

Would have been boring if it was a blowout, but that was a classic one IMO.
Yeah, didn't matter who won. Even my wife, who's not a real huge fan, said, "that was a really average football game"
I agree. Just look at our playoff games alone. The Jets and Raven's games had a level of excitement to them that this game couldn't even get close to. A small whimper at the end with a last minute drive possibility, but we couldn't even convert a 3rd and 5 on 2 shots to make it exciting.
This sure won't make anyones "top 10 SB's list", like we've been seeing all week. lol
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 11:07 PM   #8
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,147 Times in 476 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2sojr View Post
This thread may be moved but does anyone feel like this Sper Bowl was terrible from the get go. I mean 1st the weather was a killer, then the national anthem was screwed up, playing surface was terrible, what like 400 fans denied and the halftime show was complete trash besides Usher. I had the kinda (lets get this over with already feeling all week).
2 interceptions, one for a touchdown, one fumble at a CRUCIAL time of the game and a big 3rd and 10 was the damn problem, not the weather, Christina Agluearia (sp) or Usher cost us the game!
Old 02-06-2011, 11:10 PM   #9
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
Yeah, didn't matter who won. Even my wife, who's not a real huge fan, said, "that was a really average football game"
I agree. Just look at our playoff games alone. The Jets and Raven's games had a level of excitement to them that this game couldn't even get close to. A small whimper at the end with a last minute drive possibility, but we couldn't even convert a 3rd and 5 on 2 shots to make it exciting.
This sure won't make anyones "top 10 SB's list", like we've been seeing all week. lol
Yeah, I don't think it'll be making any top 10 lists (unless you're a Packer fan or avid Steeler hater), but I didn't think it was THAT boring lol. Certainly not one of the most boring I've ever seen.

I knew at halftime there would be an attempted comeback, and they tried. I bet many would feel differently about the whole game had the Steelers won in dramatic fashion again.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=129531  3365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 11:42 PM   #10
BigRick
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16392

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2sojr View Post
Even the commercials sucked!
BigRick is offline   Reply With Quote