Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

LOL

Old 05-07-2006, 10:36 PM   #21
3 to be 4
Team Owner

Member Number: 992
Default Re: Overrated/ underrated AFCN Players?

the Bengal fans are like a toddler who uses the potty for the first time and doesnt want to wear diapers anymore. So they shit their pants, or dont tell you that they shit their pants until it dries up on their behind and they get a rash. then they have to go back on the diapers, but you still dont know whats going to happen back there.

I think i lost track of my analogy there....
3 to be 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 10:44 PM   #22
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 10,370 Times in 4,306 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 to be 4
the Bengal fans are like a toddler who uses the potty for the first time and doesnt want to wear diapers anymore. So they shit their pants, or dont tell you that they shit their pants until it dries up on their behind and they get a rash. then they have to go back on the diapers, but you still dont know whats going to happen back there.

dont matter. the analogy was still right on.
tony hipchest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 10:47 PM   #23
HburgXL06
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1504

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3 to be 4

It was still on though. If I were them I would worry that they get too full of themselves and end up makin fools of themselves on the field. What we do notice is the stink of their shit and we're waitin for them to just admit to it and realize that they need to go back to diapers for a little while and take "baby steps" towards bein able to use the potty on a regular basis.....the potty bein the playoffs I guess. Lol.

BuFu

"Who said they was all tough? They ain't so tough! Smashmouth football baby! Pittsburgh style!" -Jerome Bettis #36 the BUS in 21-9 victory over Chicago Bears in 2005
HburgXL06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 11:51 PM   #24
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645

Quote:
Originally Posted by HburgXL06

Overrated: Carson Palmer:

Underrated: Cedric Wilson:

BuFu
I think you have these reversed. Carson Palmer is one of the best QB's in the NFL and arguably the best throwing technique. Dude comes way over the top. He's also a qualilty citizen which is a rare combo.

Ever since Casey Hampton single-handedly plowed the entire Minnesota offensive line into the concession stands so Larry Foote could sleepwalk his way to a safety I'm convinced he is one of the most underrated in the NFL - not just AFCN
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 11:56 PM   #25
HburgXL06
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1504

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haiku_Dirtt
I think you have these reversed. Carson Palmer is one of the best QB's in the NFL and arguably the best throwing technique. Dude comes way over the top. He's also a qualilty citizen which is a rare combo.

Ever since Casey Hampton single-handedly plowed the entire Minnesota offensive line into the concession stands so Larry Foote could sleepwalk his way to a safety I'm convinced he is one of the most underrated in the NFL - not just AFCN
I have nothin against Carson, I just think that more time is needed before anyone can pronounce his godlikeness to the world of football. I think he is a great QB, he wouldn't have won a Heisman if he wasn't, but that was college this is the NFL and now he's comin off an injury and that is a lot to overcome for any man. Only time will tell. It could just be I'm callaussed from all the bengals fans here preachin that carson is god but I don't know. I just put out my thoughts. Peace.

BuFu

"Who said they was all tough? They ain't so tough! Smashmouth football baby! Pittsburgh style!" -Jerome Bettis #36 the BUS in 21-9 victory over Chicago Bears in 2005
HburgXL06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 02:48 AM   #26
Haiku_Dirtt
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 1645

Quote:
Originally Posted by HburgXL06
I have nothin against Carson, I just think that more time is needed before anyone can pronounce his godlikeness to the world of football. I think he is a great QB, he wouldn't have won a Heisman if he wasn't, but that was college this is the NFL and now he's comin off an injury and that is a lot to overcome for any man. Only time will tell. It could just be I'm callaussed from all the bengals fans here preachin that carson is god but I don't know. I just put out my thoughts. Peace.

BuFu
Try to pry pathetic KittyKat fans from Palmer. I bet maybe one out of a million in Cincy even watched Palmer absolutlely dismantle the Irish. When I say dismantle the Fightin' Irish I'm being polite to ND fans who love the Steelers.

It was like Times Square on New Years Eve - except the Lep and I were caught up in Herradura shots.

But non-Steeler ND fans Sucks for me that he is in orange and black. How he won the Heisman is a mystery to me. Not because he didn't deserve it but because I didn't think anyone was paying attention to his talent.

Marshall Faulk got dog-robbed because of Lee Corso and the Gino Torretto money machine. I was so convinced that was happening to Carson that I didn't bother watching the Heisman show. I'm still shocked they voted correctly.

There is something special about W. PA football. Very very very special. But So. Cal has got some too. I lived in both
Haiku_Dirtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 06:43 AM   #27
3 to be 4
Team Owner

Member Number: 992

Bengal fans are like Ben Stiller in "Thers Something About Mary" getting his thing stuck in his zipper on Prom Night. They finally get to their dream moment, and instead of it being the greatest moment of their lives, they get their tool shredded. Total humiliation.

Thats what their Stadium should be called: Shredded Tool Park
3 to be 4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 10:17 AM   #28
Petesburgh66
Team Captain

Member Number: 1988

The only player I saw mentioned on this thread (that I consider overrated) is Ray Lewis.
Petesburgh66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 11:24 AM   #29
RoethlisBURGHer
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 370

AFCN Players

Overrated:

Chris Perry
Ray Lewis

Underrated:

Casey Hampton
Rudi Johnson
Heath Miller

Congrats to the 2009 Stanley Cup Champion Pittsburgh Penguins
RoethlisBURGHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 03:58 PM   #30
SteelerFanInCA
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 875

I'm sure when Hines Ward get his "SUPER BOWL" ring there will be nothing inscribed on the ring indicating that he is overrated. Oh that's right, we just won The Super Bowl didn't we? I'll take the so called overrated players who can get us to the big dance and finish the deal any day of the week. Hmmm, I wonder what the AFCN Champions rings will look like? Or should I rephrase myself and say I wonder what the "thank you for participating in this years NFL play-offs" t-shirts will look like?
SteelerFanInCA is offline   Reply With Quote