Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

An important history lesson for you TRUE Steelers fans!

Old 02-07-2011, 09:33 AM   #1
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,475 Times in 1,147 Posts
My Mood: Cheerful
Default Thank you Steelers Fever!

Thank you to all the great posters, some new and some old, that have followed the Steelers with us this season!

Thank you to Tony and Pete...it's been a pleasure modding the board with you guys.

This was our first season as mods, and I had a lot of fun with it. It didn't end the way we had all hoped, and I know not everyone was happy with our decision making , but I had a lot of fun with everyone this season!

For Pens fans, we have a section (towards the bottom of the forum) for the Pens if anyone is interested in joining in on the discussions there....this is usually the time of year that part of the forum picks up. So come join us in rooting for the Pens!

Hope everyone keeps visiting for the offseason, and for those who don't...we'll see you next season!

GO STEELERS!!
Old 02-07-2011, 09:37 AM   #2
vasteeler
Team President

Member Number: 3341
Thanked 1,201 Times in 477 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Thank you Steelers Fever!

no, we should say thanks to all of you. this board has done a complete 180 since you guys have taken over.i also need to thank you for not perma banning me......
vasteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 11:37 AM   #3
SteelersinCA
Team Owner
Supporter

Member Number: 9302

Blood sweat and tears!!!!!
SteelersinCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 06:23 PM   #4
therocksteeler
Bench Warmer
Supporter

Member Number: 6324
Thumbs up Re: Thank you Steelers Fever!

Now that I have calmed down....."blood, sweat and tears" perfect. What an amazing season and what an amazing group of Steeler Fans we have here!

Old 02-07-2011, 06:35 PM   #5
Buddha Bus
Piss Monkey
Supporter

Thanks to SCM, Tony and Pete for turning this place around and creating a refuge for goofy bastards like myself! It's nice to be able to be myself and have fun without being looked down upon and insulted. I'm definitely sticking around in the off-season and having some serious House parties if any of the rest of you immature imbeciles are up to it!

ROCK ON, NIGHT OWLS!!!!!

P.S.- Blood, sweat and tears, sweeties!

I wave my private parts at your aunties, you heaving lot of second-hand electric donkey bottom biters.
Buddha Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 08:00 PM   #6
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark
Supporter

Member Number: 658
Thanked 11,108 Times in 4,597 Posts

thanks SCM for starting this thread.

i wanna second the thanks to all of our great members. i gotta admit that accepting the moderation duties of such a large and popular MB community can seem imposing to someone like myself, who has never dont it before, but all you members here have been great and really made the task a privalege, an honor, and a pleasure.

here's to you. we are the top steelers fansite on the web, which attracts many newbs and opponent's fans. here it was the week of the superbowl and not a single flame war broke out. there was no influx of trolls, and i think that is a testament to the fans we are and the way we present and carry ourselves.

in what was a sickening loss and a season speckled with adversity and turmoil, there was no gnashing of teeth, infighting, and feeding on our own.

i have been a member here almost since day one and i gotta say this season probably had the fewest number of trolls, banned members, board shutdowns, and data base errors, in its 7 year history.

we all play a part in that.

this has been a great season. probably the 8th greatest season in steelers history. while i always feel that they will make the superbowl every season, this year is the epitome of why i feel that. we overcame a ton of adversity, and in my opinion there is only one thing better than watching your team on the final sunday that is super, which is actually winning it. its great to have this cyber-community to share that with.

onward to the draft.
Old 02-07-2011, 08:49 PM   #7
GameTime55
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 15914

I am extremely happy to have joined. I just wish I would have come across it earlier. I will be around for sure during the off season.

I was definitely bummed out a little today. but its all good. Its time to look towards next season which includes looking at the offseason in terms of draft, free agency and potential departures.

Hope we have a season next year too!!

Thanks to those that moderate. It cant be easy so I say thank you.

definitely will be looking forward to being around for the long haul on the message board.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:06 PM   #8
caplovestroyp43
Banned

Member Number: 16490
My Mood: Angelic
Smile Re: Thank you Steelers Fever!

Before I found y'all, I hung out at a yahoo group called the Steelers Warroom. No complaints about it; folks there were extremely nice to me. But something about this place just made me stay.

I really do love it here. It's been an incredible ride since the opening quarter of preseason and I look forward to next season. But that doesn't mean I'm leaving until then! I want to stay in touch with everyone and I like the various articles and different topics of discussion that come up.

SF is in my favorites!

caplovestroyp43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:26 AM   #9
Wallace108

Member Number:

Well, it certainly has been a wild ride this year ... for both our Steelers and Steelers Fever.

Mad props to the SF staff. Job well done, Mom, Hipcheese, and Pete ... as well as all the interesting posters.
Here's to fun and good times here at SF during the long offseason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buddha Bus View Post
It's nice to be able to be myself and have fun without being looked down upon and insulted. I'm definitely sticking around in the off-season and having some serious House parties if any of the rest of you immature imbeciles are up to it!

ROCK ON, NIGHT OWLS!!!!!
Have you no shame?

Old 02-08-2011, 12:38 AM   #10
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 2,148 Times in 863 Posts

I bleed Black and Gold, period! Loss's like this just makes Steelers Nation come back stronger! It was a great ride this season givin NOBODY even gave us 2nd place in our division! If we can be this good and go to the Super Bowl with all those off-season mis-haps, imagine what we could be with clear minds heading into a season with better expectations.

With this loss now behind me (okay, it'll take some time) I will go out tomorrow and buy myself a Pouncey jersey in honor of a great 2010 season!

HERE WE GO!