Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-07-2011, 10:20 AM   #1
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319
Default Are you kidding me!

There's a lot of people on this forum taking the loss correctly. That being said I can't believe some of the things I've read on this forum by our own fans about Ben. Yes Ben lost this game, big deal, it's one game. I know it was the Super Bowl but some of you are acting like it's more then one game. He's not going to be superman every game. I read that some people on here now think Rodgers is better then Ben. Horsesh*t! Because he's one half as many super bowls as Ben or because his record in close games is now 5-12 instead of 4-12? He had a good year and he's a good QB, that's all, he's not anywhere near Ben's normally high quality of play. I also heard saw one of us say "If Ben can't do it he needs to step aside and let someone else do it". Ben does it 4-5 a year, if you want more then that then you are expecting to much, it's not him doing to little. He plays great and when he doesn't his 4th quarter play is usually enough to still win. And then others saying that the bad game is "part of his personality". No, the bad game is a bad game. You didn't see people saying that about Brady in the lost to the Jets. On the field play has nothing to do off the field behavior for the most part. Looking around on here seeing stuff I'd hear from the media about Ben as if this loss means that he's still the same guy, doesn't make a damn bit of sense. Now this doesn't apply to a lot of you on here but I had to say something. It's a damn same this rubish is being put out there on our own forum.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:23 AM   #2
vasteeler
Team President

Member Number: 3341
Thanked 1,157 Times in 456 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Are you kidding me!

it like this after every loss
i swore to myself i was going to stay away a while after this loss. what the hell is wrong with me
vasteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:24 AM   #3
harrison'samonster
Living Legend

Member Number: 17630
Thanked 10,282 Times in 4,127 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

I agree, I think we're all just dissapointed in the loss. Ben didn't come through this time, like we count on.

We've got next year, The O-line will be healthy, the young wide receivers will have a whole year to get better, and Lebeau is going to fix this secondary problem.

I think losing the SB will only make them hungrier next year.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:25 AM   #4
SteelCityMom
MST3K Junkie

Member Number: 16666
Thanked 2,399 Times in 1,123 Posts

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

I honestly respect yours as well...but right now we've got more than enough Ben threads to go around lol. All you did really was create a new thread for the same argument to continue in.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=16666&dateline=1295313365
SteelCityMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:26 AM   #5
tanda10506
Team President

Member Number: 17319

Lol, I know it's frustrating. But some of the things I see in my opinion cross the line. If that's how people feel about a QB who gives them winning seasons and playoff trips almost every year, 3 super bowl appearances, 2 championships AND SLAYS THE RAVENS EVERY TIME THEY PLAY then maybe they should get behind the media hype and go join a GB or Patriot forum. I usually don't like to step on toes here, but come on.
tanda10506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:26 AM   #6
quiggle
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 17945

some guy on another site suggested Ben might have had a slight concussion yesterday and looked a little dazed out there. another said he is purely a drama queen faking when he landed on his knee then right after ran for about twenty yards. Ben is basically a target scapegoat so anything that goes wrong will be the first to blame.
quiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:36 AM   #7
biggtee
Water Boy

Member Number: 17312

21 pts off 3 turnovers BALLGAME!!! ride or die with big ben FOREVER!!!!
biggtee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:42 AM   #8
tube517
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 1868

We have bandwagon fans just like every other team.......
tube517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:44 AM   #9
quiggle
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 17945

I get tickled thinking about Ben going forward with the engagement and getting married, starting a family and having children. but that's a little off topic.
quiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:47 AM   #10
The Curtain's Crusader
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17934

I agree last night wasn't his best performance and don't care for his off-field antics but there's no other QB I'd rather have leading our team. Fits perfectly with Steeler football, IMO, and is always entertaining to watch. No way the loss last night was all Ben's fault.
The Curtain's Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote