Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > General Football > NFL Football

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-07-2011, 01:13 PM   #1
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,616 Times in 2,863 Posts
Default Packers sized for SB rings Saturday before the game

i know it shouldnt, but this really pisses me off.

for those who dont know, appearantly mike mccarthy had a jewler or somebody come in to the team hotel (or wherever the hell it was) on saturday and the entire team was sized for their rings.

now im all for confidence, and if mike tomlin had done that as a motivational ploy, i would probably think it was pretty cool and smart.

maybe im just pissed that our team didnt do it. but maybe im pissed because its pretty freaking presumptuous and ****y.

with this and charles woodson declaring they would go to the white house maybe im just pissed we didnt feed them a big healthy dose of humble pie and ruin all their plans and ring sizings.

they had a freaking champions belt draped over aaron rodgers shoulder within minutes of the game being over.

while im all for confidence, im also for acting like youve been there before, and it was obvious that this group hadnt. im all for winning with humility and grace, much in the same way tomlin, ben, and troy accepted defeat.

the packers reminded me of the scummy patriots, and big headed teddi bruschi mocking their opponenets.

that sucks because i think ive lost a bit of respect i had for the packers and their players.

maybe im just still sore from losing and hearing how great they are.
Old 02-07-2011, 02:00 PM   #2
PhantomJB93
Team President

Member Number: 13907
My Mood: Drunk
Default Re: Packers sized for SB rings Saturday before the game

I know how you feel, I respect their franchise and if there's one team I can stand losing to its a Brett Favre-less Packers, but I was SO tired of how the media and eveyrone outisde of Pittsburgh basically acted like it was a sure thing for the Packers to win and practically annointed them champions before the game even started...
PhantomJB93 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 08:06 PM   #3
Farrior_roirraW
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 12978

Oh, shit. Didn't see this here. (Obviously).

"I am proud to be a Steeler, no doubt about it. I was born to be a Steeler." - Farrior
Farrior_roirraW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 09:10 PM   #4
tony hipchest
IRONMAN a.k.a. Tony Stark

Member Number: 658
Thanked 6,616 Times in 2,863 Posts

no prob. this still pisses me off. i bet it pisses the steelers players off as well, especially seeing how the packers players are practically bragging today. i guess they earned that right, but i woulda been looking to punch someone in the mouth had i been a player who caught wind of this before the game.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:15 PM   #5
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
i know it shouldnt, but this really pisses me off.

for those who dont know, appearantly mike mccarthy had a jewler or somebody come in to the team hotel (or wherever the hell it was) on saturday and the entire team was sized for their rings.

now im all for confidence, and if mike tomlin had done that as a motivational ploy, i would probably think it was pretty cool and smart.

maybe im just pissed that our team didnt do it. but maybe im pissed because its pretty freaking presumptuous and ****y.

with this and charles woodson declaring they would go to the white house maybe im just pissed we didnt feed them a big healthy dose of humble pie and ruin all their plans and ring sizings.

they had a freaking champions belt draped over aaron rodgers shoulder within minutes of the game being over.

while im all for confidence, im also for acting like youve been there before, and it was obvious that this group hadnt. im all for winning with humility and grace, much in the same way tomlin, ben, and troy accepted defeat.

the packers reminded me of the scummy patriots, and big headed teddi bruschi mocking their opponenets.

that sucks because i think ive lost a bit of respect i had for the packers and their players.

maybe im just still sore from losing and hearing how great they are.
Cheer up Tony their a one hit wonder.....they never could accomplish what the Steelers have in class......I must admit the ****in belt over the shoulder was a bit arrogant. The media tools were sayin for the last 2 weeks this games in the bag for GB....somethings starting become controvercial*(spelling) . Thats what i couldnt stand the most about this years SB. I know if we all started talkin (rigged) an stuff we'd get whipped. Another thing that seems weird right now is on my web page it reads after GB celebration the league seems doomed for next season........

Might as well dress em in skirts!
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 09:19 PM   #6
stb_steeler
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 14315

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony hipchest View Post
no prob. this still pisses me off. i bet it pisses the steelers players off as well, especially seeing how the packers players are practically bragging today. i guess they earned that right, but i woulda been looking to punch someone in the mouth had i been a player who caught wind of this before the game.
Now ya starting to get me mad again........just when u thought they had class huh! this is why im not to fast at giving credit. But then again what team doesnt want to rub shit in our faces, after all they all out to beat us every chance they can get......

Might as well dress em in skirts!

Last edited by stb_steeler; 02-07-2011 at 09:30 PM.
stb_steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:37 PM   #7
Farrior_roirraW
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 12978

On one hand I think it was a great confidence builder by McCarthy, but on the other I think it is disrespectful. I'd probably be madder if the Steelers played better and still lost, but the Packers just outplayed us.

"I am proud to be a Steeler, no doubt about it. I was born to be a Steeler." - Farrior
Farrior_roirraW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:30 PM   #8
dsr
Water Boy

Member Number: 18102

Apparently as a motivational tool ot fell a bit flat. Only 2 of the players had ever played in a Superbowl, and most of the rest of them thought it was just the normal way things were done.
dsr is offline   Reply With Quote