Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Bucs

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 28, 1:00 PM
FOX

Old 02-07-2011, 03:44 PM   #1
Polamalu43Defense!
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 1897
Default Just Remember, We Got Ours

Anyone who is getting grief for there passion for the Steelers and last nights SB loss, or Big Ben and the rape scandal, please just remember one thing; we got ours. Superbowl 40 was the first time in over 20 years the Steelers reigned supreme since there winning days in the 70's, and though many may not have lived through those Superbowl wins, at least we can say we got to live through the "Steel Curtain 2" era.

It was not long ago we thought it was but a dream to win a Superbowl in this era. This day and age. But now, at the hands of defeat to the Green Bay Packers, we forget just how lucky we are to be Steelers fans. We got ours.

Superbowl 40 and 43 proved to be some of the best games for any Steelers fan to this date. Jerome coming home in Superbowl 40 and winning was the best end to any Steeler fan, as well as Hines receiving the MVP award that year. Fast Willie Parker broke an 80 yard run for the longest offensive touchdown in Superbowl history that year. It was the first time we can say we got the one for the thumb, and it was a happy day indeed.

Superbowl 43 couldn't have a better ending with Ben driving us down the field for a game winning touchdown catch to Santonio Holmes, and beating the Arizona Cardinals in comeback fashion. James Harrison, defensive MVP that year had the longest defensive touchdown in Superbowl history with a 100 yard run for a touchdown as time expired into the second half. By far, one of the most exciting Steelers games I have ever watched.

Now, if your like me your probably receiving a lot of grief via text, email, Facebook, or Twitter. But don't let those things get to you. It may be a Packers fan who is giving you this grief, it may be a Indianapolis Colts, or even Bengals fan. Don't let this get to you. Instead, embrace these issues. Everyone knows the best way to get to someone is only to let them get yourself down or upset on the issue. Don't let Rat bird or PatCheats fans have this opportunity.

As a Steelers fan, I am very humble when it comes to winning. I do not believe in rubbing a win in someone's face because that show's that even a "winner" can't handle "winning." This to me shows just how lucky we are to be a Pittsburgh Steeler fans. Because not only are we always in the headlines, whether it's bad, (Ben, Holmes, Porter etc.) or good, like the ones of Superbowl 40 and 43. We have a team who can win. We have seen our team win multiple Superbowl's, and we have a true and awesome fan base.

So for those who are giving you grief about last nights loss, and just don't understand how to take a win, instead tell them we got ours, and that can never be taken away. Take the high road. Congratulate the Packers fans. And look forward to next season. Because in my opinion, don't you think it would be a little boring to be a Cleveland Browns fan every year?
Old 02-07-2011, 03:46 PM   #2
LegendSteel
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 17810
Default Re: Just Remember, We Got Ours

That's what I have been saying. I'm not going to get too down on this loss because we do have those other recent SBs to fall back on, plus I know we will be back again soon, or at least strongly contend for a SB berth.

Some of these franchises would die for ONE Super Bowl, let alone 6...and 3 chances in 6 years.
LegendSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 03:56 PM   #3
Sixburgher
Banned

Member Number: 17648

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polamalu43Defense! View Post
Anyone who is getting grief for there passion for the Steelers and last nights SB loss, or Big Ben and the rape scandal, please just remember one thing; we got ours.
And to that end, we also get the added bonus of hearing how the refs didn't cheat for us this time as well. Or that that they tried to cheat for us (facemask call, incomplete pass after Gay pulled the ball away) but we just suck too much to take advantage of it.
Sixburgher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 03:57 PM   #4
quiggle
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 17945

nah you can't be complacent, so what if we won XL and XLIII, can't stop there. the Yankees have 27.
quiggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:38 PM   #5
Neil-Still-Rules-14
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 1048
Thanked 1,026 Times in 432 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiggle View Post
nah you can't be complacent, so what if we won XL and XLIII, can't stop there. the Yankees have 27.
The Steelers don't have a $200 million payroll either.
Neil-Still-Rules-14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 04:46 PM   #6
GMU Steeler
Living Legend

Member Number: 16173

Honestly I just laugh at fans of other teams who are taking joy in our loss. May sound hypocritical i guess on my part since I enjoyed the Patriots losing so much in 2007-08 but I think it's sad really that many of these fans hate the Steelers so much that they need us to lose to be happy. My nine year old kid brother was worried about him getting a hard time from his classmates and I told him to ask them where their team was last night. Made him feel better. Last night is tough but we're very fortunate to be Steelers fans. We will be back and hopefully next time we'll win. Honestly, I was amazed with our team's resilence last night. Down 18 at halftime and we still had a shot at the two minute warning? We battled and the haters can hate all they want but we're a very good team and will retool.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 05:30 PM   #7
steeltheone
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 6351

Glad we won it . But SB XL was a terrible game to watch.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:32 PM   #8
Polamalu43Defense!
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil-Still-Rules-14 View Post
The Steelers don't have a $200 million payroll either.
Well said. This isn't baseball and the NFL doesn't have a ridiculous no cap salary so why once again compare us to the Yankees?? We don't buy our championships we draft them.
Old 02-07-2011, 05:34 PM   #9
Polamalu43Defense!
Draft Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeltheone View Post
Glad we won it . But SB XL was a terrible game to watch.
Not if your favorite player was Jerome Bettis. Not if you've never seen the Steelers win a Superbowl. Not if you knew our backs were against the wall being a 6th seed you didn't think that.
Old 02-07-2011, 06:11 PM   #10
GMU Steeler
Living Legend

Member Number: 16173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polamalu43Defense! View Post
Well said. This isn't baseball and the NFL doesn't have a ridiculous no cap salary so why once again compare us to the Yankees?? We don't buy our championships we draft them.
Yeah, this is why I don't get when jealous fans compare us to the Yankees. Maybe I am biased because the Yankees are my most hated team in pro sports but we're different than them. Yesm we're successful but we build our team from the ground up. The Yankees are like the Redskins in that they see big names and have to have them and see that as how they want to build their team. I am glad we're not that. As some of you know, Albert Haynesworth is in trouble yet again. I have to say, I knew that was a bad move for the Skins at the time and it's been proven right time and tiem again.
GMU Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote