Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Bills Bills
August 16th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-07-2011, 09:51 PM   #1
Deserei90
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 17069
Default The Media made The Steelers look bad.

No, I'm not talking about what happened on the field last night, I'm talking about last week. With all the fiasco about Hines being in a strip club, Ben being at the bar. Have people thinking The Steelers weren't even focused on trying to win the SB, instead partying well the Packers were keeping quiet. I at least heard some people say that about The Steelers. You know that team that just can''t stay out of trouble. I hate complaining, but it was something that has been bothering me ever since we lost. With everyone picking GB to win. The hatred for The Steelers all of a sudden by people who I didn't think had a vendetta aganist. Roger Goodell making that comment about Big Ben. Right now, it's killing me bad. since this would be my first time seeing the steelers lose a SB, because I was very young when they lost to the cowboys, and didn't follow football then. I felt in My heart that The Steelers were out to prove everyone wrong, but didn't. Hearing all the haters bask in the glory of us losing, makes me sick to my stomach. all ur going to hear is non stop the rapist didn't win, or the rapist didn't deserve to win. I seriously want to punch somebody out lol. This is something I hate to feel right now, but that's just how I feel. I still love my team no matter what, but I get the feeling we are the troubled team in peoples eyes.
Old 02-07-2011, 09:59 PM   #2
BehindSteelCurtain
Team Captain

Member Number: 11279
Default Re: The Media made The Steelers look bad.

They werent focused.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:00 PM   #3
SH-Rock
Living Legend

Member Number: 15497
Thanked 1,004 Times in 400 Posts

Still doesn't make a loss okay.
SH-Rock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:17 PM   #4
Deserei90
Bench Warmer

I'm sorry y'all, I'm just very pissed off about it. It'll blow over soon, Hopefully.
Old 02-07-2011, 10:36 PM   #5
MattsMe
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 2044

The media crucified Ben similar to the way other public figures are treated regardless of the reality of their situations. It's the latest formula for good ratings.

As for the comment about the rapist not winning, look at it this way. If the same criteria for saying that about Ben is used to describe the Packers, then the rapists won after all.

Seven Packers were accused of sexual assault during the offseason, and just like in Ben's case the women involved changed their story so no charges were filed. Unlike Ben though, one of the players is still under investigation.

Where were the headlines for that at halftime?
MattsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:40 PM   #6
BigRick
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16392

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsMe View Post
The media crucified Ben similar to the way other public figures are treated regardless of the reality of their situations. It's the latest formula for good ratings.

As for the comment about the rapist not winning, look at it this way. If the same criteria for saying that about Ben is used to describe the Packers, then the rapists won after all.

Seven Packers were accused of sexual assault during the offseason, and just like in Ben's case the women involved changed their story so no charges were filed. Unlike Ben though, one of the players is still under investigation.

Where were the headlines for that at halftime?
Yeah I thought that was pretty shitty. Had some of the same problems in Indy. Seems to have just went away. Makes one wonder.
BigRick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:41 PM   #7
Farrior_roirraW
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 12978

Really, the only thing for me that is still clinging to the loss and not being able to let it go is the fact how little the Steelers were given credit for anything they had accomplished this season. Being underdogs in the media and still losing just sucks. Especially with all the hate swarming around Ben and Pittsburgh.

"I am proud to be a Steeler, no doubt about it. I was born to be a Steeler." - Farrior
Farrior_roirraW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:42 PM   #8
Deserei90
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farrior_roirraW View Post
Really, the only thing for me that is still clinging to the loss and not being able to let it go is the fact how little the Steelers were given credit for anything they had accomplished this season. Being underdogs in the media and still losing just sucks. Especially with all the hate swarming around Ben and Pittsburgh.
That is what kills me deeply.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:36 PM   #9
blkngld4ever
Water Boy

Member Number: 17487

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserei90 View Post
No, I'm not talking about what happened on the field last night, I'm talking about last week. With all the fiasco about Hines being in a strip club, Ben being at the bar. Have people thinking The Steelers weren't even focused on trying to win the SB, instead partying well the Packers were keeping quiet. I at least heard some people say that about The Steelers. You know that team that just can''t stay out of trouble. I hate complaining, but it was something that has been bothering me ever since we lost. With everyone picking GB to win. The hatred for The Steelers all of a sudden by people who I didn't think had a vendetta aganist. Roger Goodell making that comment about Big Ben. Right now, it's killing me bad. since this would be my first time seeing the steelers lose a SB, because I was very young when they lost to the cowboys, and didn't follow football then. I felt in My heart that The Steelers were out to prove everyone wrong, but didn't. Hearing all the haters bask in the glory of us losing, makes me sick to my stomach. all ur going to hear is non stop the rapist didn't win, or the rapist didn't deserve to win. I seriously want to punch somebody out lol. This is something I hate to feel right now, but that's just how I feel. I still love my team no matter what, but I get the feeling we are the troubled team in peoples eyes.
I hear you bro. The hate here in Idaho has just got me floored. News today says 111,000,000 people watched the most watched show in history and all of them very happy. WTF?.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:39 PM   #10
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Hines is out at a strip club....Ben and the line are out singing karaoke....then they interview Clay Mathews and he's saying he doesn't do anything but go back to his room and study for the game.
Then we look lifeless and lose.
How does this scenario look now? Not good....
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote