Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-07-2011, 11:22 PM   #1
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 14528
Default We could have won this game!!!

That is what so F#$%ing frustrating.

I know the media painted Rodger to be invincible but he wasn't and the Packers weren't either. They were beatable. But instead, we beat ourselves.

If Ben played better with crisper passes
If Arians had a more comprehensive game plan
If Heath Miller was utilized in the middle of the packers defense where time and time again, our receivers were open
If on the first series, we played better - a 3rd down pass to Antonio Brown who had make a route adjustment on the fly - are you ****ing kidding me?!?!?
If our D makes one of those long 3rd and long stops
If Ben and Wallace were on the same page on long passes
If Ben didn't wear that visor which I think distorts light just a bit to cause him to play poorer
So many ifs - its driving me crazy. These packers were definitely beatable and we let them off the hook.

I hope these players know what a precious opportunity they let slip through their fingers. i hope these coaches know what a dumb ass game plan they had - especially Arians for not utilizing Miller more. Our QB seems too scared to utilize the middle - he played not to lose and that is what happened!

God so frustrating!
ETL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 11:27 PM   #2
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206
Default Re: We could have won this game!!!

If's, if's, if's, if's........
Ben's taking too much heat. I thought there were bigger if's on the defense. Also, hidden on the sidelines, Arians needs some of the heat going Ben's way.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 11:29 PM   #3
StainlessStill
Living Legend
Supporter

Member Number: 12999
Thanked 1,155 Times in 480 Posts

We could have won Super Bowl XXX as well. Doesn't change the fact we did NOT show up. Plain and simple. We didn't show up for the Super Bowl, which is very dis-heartening givin we are the Pittsburgh Steelers. I give GB a lot of credit, but we would have lost to any playoff team yesterday, period.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:32 PM   #4
Merchant
Team Captain

Member Number: 15019

We coulda beaten the Cowboys in '95. We coulda beaten the Patriots in '01 and '04. We coulda beaten the Jags in '07.

I can go on my friend. But there's no point in dwelling on what could have happened. Jack Ham said that when he sees Roger Staubach he still talks about how the Cowboys could have won those two Super Bowls.

We coulda. But we didn't. What's done is done and can't be undone. Just gotta move on from it.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:33 PM   #5
TRH
Living Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessStill View Post
We could have won Super Bowl XXX as well. Doesn't change the fact we did NOT show up. Plain and simple. We didn't show up for the Super Bowl, which is very dis-heartening givin we are the Pittsburgh Steelers. I give GB a lot of credit, but we would have lost to any playoff team yesterday, period.

i completely agree with you. You can blame the defense, blame Ben, blame Arians, blame penalties, and so on, and so on...
But the thing i took away most from the game is that we looked listless and lifeless. Deer in headlights sorta. Just like the NE game, although not quite as bad. We looked casual...like no big deal.
Then on the other side of the field Clay Mathews is jumping up and down, flexing, his counterparts are baring their teeth too......bottom line : they wanted it MORE. and they got it. there's no denying that. There's no one that can tell me that we wanted it more than they did.
And thats really whats frustrating. If we would have showed up, we had a damn good chance to win this one.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:34 PM   #6
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 14528

I want some confession.

I want some player or coach to say that they did not show up yesterday and confess that they were not ready. I don't want them in their cover-their-ass mode. I want a confession and then leave it up to our graces if we want them back or not

I want to know what they will learn from this. I want boneheads to pay for their boneheaded plays.

Mundy - your only contribution yesterday was to move us back 15 yards. Fox - you too. Both of youse should go over and ask the Packers for a Super Bowl ring because youse deserve one in their eyes.
ETL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 11:37 PM   #7
TRH
Living Legend

Hasn't Tomlin already had this conversation with these guys (especially Fox) by now?????

He needs to get in their face...and DEMAND that they walk away from any hit or fight. End of play, after the play, whatever. Or there will be severe consequences.
Old 02-07-2011, 11:38 PM   #8
Quasar
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 7371

What is this not showing up business? We were -3 in turnovers, and still had a chance to win the game with less than a minute to go! You have to show up to overcome that kind of adversity!

Reminds me of how Bradshaw's Steelers were behind in both Super Bowls to Dallas, and even the one against the Rams, but came back to win. I expected the Steelers to come back, even down 21-3. This team doesn''t roll over, and America knew it. The most watched moment of the game was Ben's final pass, meaning viewers stuck around to the end.
Quasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 11:40 PM   #9
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 5,636 Times in 2,399 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

if it wasn't for losing, we totally would've won
Fire Arians is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 11:42 PM   #10
Men of Steel
Starter

Member Number: 13746
My Mood: Amused

dam dude i know its tough if you think about all the things that went wrong in the game, but do not take anything away from green bay, they played clean solid football. made the plays the steelers didnt and didnt make the mistakes we did.

thats it !!! give credit where it is due, no excuses and think, we probably should have not even made the super bowl, with all the close games we got away with this year, and all the drama early on the year.

so just CHILL THE F*** OUT !!!!!