Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Old 02-08-2011, 12:44 AM   #11
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 14528
Default Re: We could have won this game!!!

Tom Brady when he played the Steelers this year was yelling at his players for making a mental error ... even when they had a humongous lead. In his eyes, to beat a team like the Steelers - YOU HAVE TO PLAY PERFECT BALL!

I hate Brady and his ******y ass but we needed that type of intensity and drive yesterday. WE HAD TO PLAY PERFECT BALL - and we would have won this game by 2 TDs! But the players were trying to stay loose and they were TOO LOOSE and making errors all over the place.

I heard Tomlin was yelling at his players at halftime - but being a headcoach at halftime is like being a lameduck president. What can he do to you if you fail - there's no more practices.

The team laid a big fat stinkin turd and they found themselves stuck in it.
ETL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 12:47 AM   #12
blkngld4ever
Water Boy

Member Number: 17487

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETL View Post
I want some confession.

I want some player or coach to say that they did not show up yesterday and confess that they were not ready. I don't want them in their cover-their-ass mode. I want a confession and then leave it up to our graces if we want them back or not

I want to know what they will learn from this. I want boneheads to pay for their boneheaded plays.

Mundy - your only contribution yesterday was to move us back 15 yards. Fox - you too. Both of youse should go over and ask the Packers for a Super Bowl ring because youse deserve one in their eyes.
Ya I was thinking the same thing. I know im a knowbody fan that doesnt deserve any explanation. But I want some answers from Troy , harrison and others as to what happened and why they didnt show for this game. It would ease the pain it really would.
Old 02-08-2011, 12:50 AM   #13
ETL
Team President
Supporter

Member Number: 14528

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelKid212 View Post
dam dude i know its tough if you think about all the things that went wrong in the game, but do not take anything away from green bay, they played clean solid football. made the plays the steelers didnt and didnt make the mistakes we did.

thats it !!! give credit where it is due, no excuses and think, we probably should have not even made the super bowl, with all the close games we got away with this year, and all the drama early on the year.

so just CHILL THE F*** OUT !!!!!
Dude, If we played like crap and Green Bay played perfect game and the score was 30-3 - I wouldn't be so upset. If we played well and green bay played well and the score was 31-28 (losing) - I wouldn't be so upset.

We played like crap and they played a perfect game and we lost by 6 points. That is what kills me. We had a chance to win this game despite playing like crap. Can you understand where the frustration comes.

I don't mind if we are beaten by a superior opponent. If we both played well and they beat us - fine. I can accept that. We played like crap and it wasn't because they made us. Passes were off target, stupid decisions, stupid penalties, and even then we could have won.

It's like losing your dream job because you decided to smoke pot the night before the interview.
ETL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 02:09 AM   #14
Aussie Steeler
Draft Prospect

Member Number: 17896

The thing that really changed that game I reckon is Mendy's fumble. All the momentum was going our way. Our defense was making the stops. Our offense looked damn good. Ben was making throws after throws and we were running the ball well .. then Mendy fumbled. We still could've got back into it IFFFFFFFFFF our defense stopped some third and longs during that drive. From memory, there were three third and longs in that TD drive which our D failed to stop :(
Aussie Steeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 03:29 AM   #15
Men of Steel
Team Captain

Member Number: 13746
My Mood: Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETL View Post
Dude, If we played like crap and Green Bay played perfect game and the score was 30-3 - I wouldn't be so upset. If we played well and green bay played well and the score was 31-28 (losing) - I wouldn't be so upset.

We played like crap and they played a perfect game and we lost by 6 points. That is what kills me. We had a chance to win this game despite playing like crap. Can you understand where the frustration comes.

I don't mind if we are beaten by a superior opponent. If we both played well and they beat us - fine. I can accept that. We played like crap and it wasn't because they made us. Passes were off target, stupid decisions, stupid penalties, and even then we could have won.

It's like losing your dream job because you decided to smoke pot the night before the interview.
haha i totally agree with this post. from that angle you are right. obviously if we played good football we would have wooped them.

but the packers were focused, the steelers were not. its frustrating, but hopefully this makes them come back stronger and better next year.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:28 AM   #16
BritishSteel
Head Coach
Supporter

Member Number: 878
My Mood: Amused

Yeah, we could have won it, but for our self-inflicted screw-ups, but let's not take anything away from The Packers - they minimised their own weaknesses and exploited ours relentlessly. We didn't effectively exploit theirs (even though we had sufficient evidence of where they lay on our first TD drive - they couldn't defend the run) until it was too late to use it effectively.

What you take from defeat is often more useful long-term than what you take from victory - I hope and think we won't cruise into next season (if there is a next season) like we cruised into the 2009/10 season. Hopefully it still stings enough to be a motivator.
Old 02-08-2011, 07:13 AM   #17
theplatypus
Team Owner

Member Number: 3329

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH View Post
If's, if's, if's, if's........
Ben's taking too much heat. I thought there were bigger if's on the defense. Also, hidden on the sidelines, Arians needs some of the heat going Ben's way.

I was watching playbook and the piece they did on Ben's performance really illustrated his issues. There were numerous plays where Ben had one or even two wide open receivers and he held the ball looking for a lower percentage yet bigger play. The play where he was sacked in the 3rd is a perfect example. We had 2 men open one about 10-12 yards down field and the other about 18, Ben looked them off and looked for the big play which led to a sack. He needs to learn to take the high percentage play and put together drives.
theplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:37 AM   #18
SoonerSteeler
Water Boy

Member Number: 18178

Maybe it was just me, but I got the feeling that I was watching a intermural game at times when we were on offense. You know, those play as you go, make it up at the line kind of thing. I personally didn't see any lack of effort, but a lack of preparation seemed pretty apparent. We weren't prepared and they were. That said, I thought it was amazing that the Steelers still had a shot at the end and was a testament of just how good this team is, or at least could be. I know Mendy's fumble was huge (2 hands dude! 2 hands), but I feel that the subsequent 3 and 10 play with our defense in man to man was just as big. Rodgers had to be salivating when he saw what we were in when he came to the line! Like I said, preparation, or at least a lack there of. Should have been # 7.
SoonerSteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 03:25 PM   #19
Steelrule
Water Boy

Member Number: 15881

Look, we all know we played like crap, some of it self inflicted, some because of Green Bay. Yet, with two mins to go, we still had a chance to win. Yeah, just think out it might have turned out had we played a "complete" game. Unfortunately, that didn't happen. Coulda, woulda, shoulda, DIDN'T! End of story.
Steelrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 03:35 PM   #20
Rinkleroot
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 868

Steelers got beat, get over it already!! You sound like a bunch of pats fans acting like they deserve the SB just because they had the best record.
Rinkleroot is offline   Reply With Quote