Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2013 Goal: $400.00 - To Date: $00.00 (00.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Steelers - Giants Giants
August 9th, 2014, 7:30pmET

CBS

Old 02-08-2011, 02:47 PM   #21
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,055 Times in 473 Posts
Default Re: We could have won this game!!!

And if Lincoln didn't go to the theater, he might have lived to a ripe old age.

It is what it is and it's water under the bridge.
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 03:25 PM   #22
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter

Member Number: 728
Thanked 5,801 Times in 2,682 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETL View Post
Dude, If we played like crap and Green Bay played perfect game and the score was 30-3 - I wouldn't be so upset. If we played well and green bay played well and the score was 31-28 (losing) - I wouldn't be so upset.

We played like crap and they played a perfect game and we lost by 6 points. That is what kills me. We had a chance to win this game despite playing like crap. Can you understand where the frustration comes.

I don't mind if we are beaten by a superior opponent. If we both played well and they beat us - fine. I can accept that. We played like crap and it wasn't because they made us. Passes were off target, stupid decisions, stupid penalties, and even then we could have won.

It's like losing your dream job because you decided to smoke pot the night before the interview.
If you watch a replay of the game you will see Green Bay played far from a perfect game - some examples

First possession of the third quarter Rodgers hits Jones in the hands on a slant pattern down the right hashmark - if Jones des not drop that easy catch he is behind Gay, troy is the only DB left withaterible angle, and it is 28-10

Two possessions later receiver droppped a catchable ball on third down that killed a drive - several drops by Green Bay kept the game in range of a comeback

By January the Packers were playing better ball - there is a reason they were favored by 3, won three playoff games on the road, and had double digit leads in every playoff game - they could win while not needing to play at their absolute peak

Steelers were 2-4 in the regular season against playoff teams (1-3 after Roethlisberger returned), probably were a one and done playoff team if Polamalu's strip sack on Flacco did not result in a bye + home field advantage, and struggled in both home playoff wins for extended periods of time - this was not a great team that had its worst game of the season in Dallas

Consider the possibility the 2010 Steelers overachieved, give them credit for not collapsing after going down 21-3, and enjoy how far they came
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 03:34 PM   #23
bornaSteelersfan
Starter
Supporter

We certainly could have won this game. People keep saying the game was lost when Mendy fumbled and over-analyze it. The Steelers came back after that, scored a TD and a 2-point conversion and were completely pumped and in a position to win the game with only a 3-point deficit. RandleEl's 2-point conversion and celebration of it had our team completed jacked up. Then the defense came out and immediately got a sack. I am quite sure that when GB was on their own 25 and 3rd down, every Steeler fan was on the edge of their seat completely expecting a big play from the D. That throw of Rodgers perfectly dropped in to an open Greg Jennings between 3 defenders was where we lost it. There is not a Steeler fan out there, based on Ben's performance in the game, that was sure we could get the ball back and win after that. Holding them to a field goal only prolonged the inevitable. Sure Ben had 2 minutes and a timeout, but without a running game, there was no hope. Stopping GB on that 3rd down was key and our D failed.
bornaSteelersfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 04:40 PM   #24
MaineSteelerFan
Water Boy

Member Number: 17299

[QUOTE=ETL;919070]That is what so F#$%ing frustrating.

If Ben and Wallace were on the same page on long passes

I feel your pain man, and that's the key right there. I hope they work on this in the off season. Its not just Ben, Wallace needs to adjust better, to help Ben out a bit. They are a half a tick off, once they get there all I can say is WOW.
MaineSteelerFan is offline   Reply With Quote