Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers

Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers Fever Presents...

Steelers Panthers

GAMEDAY
Sunday, September 21, 8:30 PM
NBC

Old 02-08-2011, 04:35 AM   #1
BengalDestroyer
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 16598
Default EVERYBODY.....STOP!!

I've been reading these forums since Sunday and everybody needs to stop over reacting about LeBuea, and Willie etc. Stop trying (or coming up with these ideas of) getting rid of people, especially Dick! (are you kidding?) The Draft is in April, and we need a better OL and a better corner (than BMac)...Steeler Nation, don't jump to absurd conclusions and keep your head up, besides all of our rookies this year now have that much more experience.
Old 02-08-2011, 06:51 AM   #2
BKAnthem
Assistant Coach

Member Number: 13149
Default Re: EVERYBODY.....STOP!!

I agree with the needs, but Colbert will probably draft 5 RB's this time around to go with the 14 LB's he took last draft
BKAnthem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:39 AM   #3
TRH
Living Legend

Member Number: 17206

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKAnthem View Post
I agree with the needs, but Colbert will probably draft 5 RB's this time around to go with the 14 LB's he took last draft
lol. Thats what i was thinking. Its so clear we need DB's and some OL help, but watch....they'll take a LB in the 1st.
TRH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 08:39 AM   #4
Fire Arians
Anti-Spammer Mod

Member Number: 16570
Thanked 6,586 Times in 2,795 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw

I don't think we can afford to ignore getting some serious help at db right now.

call me crazy but i think our OL is doing a good job right now. with colon and starks back it's actually looking quite good. we could use more help at guard but honestly corner is a much bigger need.
Fire Arians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:03 AM   #5
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,288 Times in 572 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengalDestroyer View Post
I've been reading these forums since Sunday and everybody needs to stop over reacting about LeBuea, and Willie etc. Stop trying (or coming up with these ideas of) getting rid of people, especially Dick! (are you kidding?) The Draft is in April, and we need a better OL and a better corner (than BMac)...Steeler Nation, don't jump to absurd conclusions and keep your head up, besides all of our rookies this year now have that much more experience.
See, this is what I'm talking about.

When people write something like: "Stop trying (or coming up with these ideas of) getting rid of people, especially Dick! (are you kidding?)"

I want to scream NO, I'M NOT KIDDING!

I don't necessarily think Dick has to go, but someone needs to sit down with him and talk about why we've had the one of the worst secondaries in the league for almost a decade.

LeBeau is a great guy, a great coach, but this "Walk on water" crap has to stop and we have to realize that he's not perfect and that he may not have all the answers. Just because everyone sees him as a living legend doesn't mean he's infallible.

Someone needs to tell Lebeau that the world doesn't begin and end with linebackers and that the NFL has become a passer's league.
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:25 AM   #6
grward
Bench Warmer

Member Number: 7527

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKAnthem View Post
Wow. Simply wow. Our FO does a superb job at the draft compared to other organizations. We sign and keep more players, who produce, than most other teams. And you are going to bash on Colbert. He does a great job of identifying the best talent on the board that fits our style of play.
grward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:28 AM   #7
grward
Bench Warmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince72 View Post
See, this is what I'm talking about.

When people write something like: "Stop trying (or coming up with these ideas of) getting rid of people, especially Dick! (are you kidding?)"

I want to scream NO, I'M NOT KIDDING!

I don't necessarily think Dick has to go, but someone needs to sit down with him and talk about why we've had the one of the worst secondaries in the league for almost a decade.

LeBeau is a great guy, a great coach, but this "Walk on water" crap has to stop and we have to realize that he's not perfect and that he may not have all the answers. Just because everyone sees him as a living legend doesn't mean he's infallible.

Someone needs to tell Lebeau that the world doesn't begin and end with linebackers and that the NFL has become a passer's league.
So you are just saying the same thing as the OP. I don't think he wants to give everyone a pass. He just is pointing out that we don't need to be in panic mode and start firing coaches and players.

I agree with what you are saying ... LeBeau hasn't caught on to the pass protection concept. We've noticed this since 2008 season and almost lost SB that year b/c of it.
Old 02-08-2011, 09:39 AM   #8
FanSince72
Team President

Member Number: 17502
Thanked 1,288 Times in 572 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by grward View Post
So you are just saying the same thing as the OP. I don't think he wants to give everyone a pass. He just is pointing out that we don't need to be in panic mode and start firing coaches and players.

I agree with what you are saying ... LeBeau hasn't caught on to the pass protection concept. We've noticed this since 2008 season and almost lost SB that year b/c of it.
I'm 53 years old and I've seen enough Steeler football to know not to panic.

All I'm saying is that every time we lose a big game, the blame starts making its rounds but LeBeau always seems to get a pass because "He's God". It's as if we're "allowed" to blame everyone and everything --- except him because he's beloved and the greatest defensive blah, blah, blah.

He may very well be some or all of those things but he's not God and he HAS (in my humble opinion) made mistakes and I think his biggest mistake has been focusing too much on the "front seven" at the expense of "the back four".
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 09:40 AM   #9
grward
Bench Warmer

Quote:
I'm 53 years old and I've seen enough Steeler football to know not to panic.

All I'm saying is that every time we lose a big game, the blame starts making its rounds but LeBeau always seems to get a pass because "He's God". It's as if we're "allowed" to blame everyone and everything --- except him because he's beloved and the greatest defensive blah, blah, blah.

He may very well be some or all of those things but he's not God and he HAS (in my humble opinion) made mistakes and I think his biggest mistake has been focusing too much on the "front seven" at the expense of "the back four".
Agreed.
Old 02-08-2011, 10:33 AM   #10
Sixburgher
Banned

Member Number: 17648

Quote:

Couldn't agree more.
Sixburgher is offline   Reply With Quote