Why register with the Steelers Fever Forums?
 • Intelligent and friendly discussions.
 • It's free and it's quick. Always.
 • Enter events in the forums calendar.
 • Very user friendly software.
 • Exclusive contests and giveaways.

 Donate to Steelers Fever, Click here
 Our 2014 Goal: $450.00 - To Date: $450.00 (100.00%)
 Home | Forums | Editorials | Shop | Tickets | Downloads | Contact Pittsburgh Steelers Forum Feed Not Just Fans. Hardcore Fans.

Go Back   Steelers Fever Forums > Steelers Football > Pittsburgh Steelers


Steelers Fever Fan Shop

Doc's Sports Get FREE NFL Picks and College Football picks as well as Football Lines like live NFL Lines and updated NFL Power Rankings all at Doc's Sports Service.

Steelers

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2011, 07:37 PM   #131
zulater
Team Owner
 
zulater's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,883
Member Number: 5296
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Time to talk about the real Big Ben.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet Elvis View Post
For your information, Farve has won a Super Bowl.
Doesn't invalidate my point though.
__________________
"A man's got to know his limitations."
zulater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:43 PM   #132
vasteeler
Team President
 
vasteeler's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: richmond va
Posts: 2,435
Gender: Male
Member Number: 3341
Thanks: 922
Thanked 1,198 Times in 476 Posts
My Mood: Yeehaw
Default Re: Time to talk about the real Big Ben.

wow just wow. some of you guys just dont get it

to the guy who said his hero died on sunday
vasteeler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:44 PM   #133
Velvet Elvis
Water Boy
 

Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 39
Member Number: 18079
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Time to talk about the real Big Ben.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zulater View Post
Oops, yeah, with all those NFC title game interceptions in the last few years I sorta forgot he won one way back when.
I hear ya. Same way I will remember Ben for having a terrible game against the Jets in the AFCC game and laying another egg in a Super Bowl.
Velvet Elvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:48 PM   #134
zulater
Team Owner
 
zulater's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 2,883
Member Number: 5296
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Time to talk about the real Big Ben.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet Elvis View Post
I hear ya. Same way I will remember Ben for having a terrible game against the Jets in the AFCC game and laying another egg in a Super Bowl.
If that's what you think fine. But my memories of Ben in the AFC title game are how he helped build what turned out to be an insurmountable lead, with both his arm and legs,, and how he made the plays neccessary at the end to preserve that lead.
__________________
"A man's got to know his limitations."
zulater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 07:52 PM   #135
MattsMe
Team President
Supporter
 
MattsMe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: What day is it?
Posts: 2,198
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2044
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Time to talk about the real Big Ben.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlanta Dan View Post
If stats were what counted Ken Anderson and Ken Stabler would be in Canton rather than Bradshaw - assuming getting to Canton is the definition of great, winning is a major if not the major factor that defines the the success of a QB, unless you consider fantasy football to be real football

You managed to distill this entire argument into one single line. Aside from the fans who have personal issues with Ben, (which is strange because none of them actually know him personally) you have a group of relatively young fantasy football junkies, spoon fed by the media into believing that 300+ yards per game is the key to a great quarterback.

That accounts for about 98% of those in the anti-Ben camp. The other 2% are best left alone, as I don't think it's fair to make fun of the mentally challenged.
MattsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:00 PM   #136
FanSince72
Team Owner
 
FanSince72's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: New York
Posts: 2,879
Member Number: 17502
Thanks: 597
Thanked 2,116 Times in 909 Posts
Default Re: Time to talk about the real Big Ben.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattsMe View Post
You managed to distill this entire argument into one single line. Aside from the fans who have personal issues with Ben, (which is strange because none of them actually know him personally) you have a group of relatively young fantasy football junkies, spoon fed by the media into believing that 300+ yards per game is the key to a great quarterback.

That accounts for about 98% of those in the anti-Ben camp. The other 2% are best left alone, as I don't think it's fair to make fun of the mentally challenged.

NAILED IT!


Man, I wish I'd written that.
FanSince72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 09:09 PM   #137
MattsMe
Team President
Supporter
 
MattsMe's Avatar
 

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: What day is it?
Posts: 2,198
Gender: Male
Member Number: 2044
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default Re: Time to talk about the real Big Ben.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanSince72 View Post

NAILED IT!


Man, I wish I'd written that.
You can say you did, for only $29.95.
MattsMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 11:06 AM   #138
Atlanta Dan
Resigned
Supporter
 
Atlanta Dan's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 15,431
Member Number: 728
Thanks: 2,657
Thanked 8,508 Times in 3,742 Posts
Default Re: Time to talk about the real Big Ben.

John Clayton comments about "the real Big Ben"

Although I didn't see it personally, the image of Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger sitting alone at his locker crying after Sunday night's loss says a lot. Before this season, teammates wondered about Roethlisberger's dedication. They don't worry about it anymore. He cares. Before this season, he wasn't dedicated in his offseason training and, although he cared about winning, he wasn't the best teammate. His four-game suspension made him grow up as a player and a teammate. He takes out his offensive linemen on Tuesdays. He's more studious of his game plans. The postgame emotion shows he put his heart and soul into this season, and I would suspect he would be even more dedicated next year.

Would it be too quick to anoint Aaron Rodgers the fourth-best quarterback in the league? I don't think so. Rodgers' performance in the postseason probably moved him ahead of Philip Rivers of the Chargers and Roethlisberger in the league's quarterback hierarchy. Tom Brady, Peyton Manning and Drew Brees are still my top three. No, I'm not going to put Rodgers ahead of Brees based on this season, but Rodgers edges out Rivers because he's taken his team deeper into the playoffs and has a Super Bowl ring. Roethlisberger has one more Super Bowl ring than Rodgers, but he's also had two off games in Super Bowls.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...ohn&id=6108379

Still lots of love for Brees, who did not have a lights out 2010 (#12 passer rating with 22 picks - Rodgers was #2 and Roethlisberger was ranked #5) . To the extent Brees gets a pass because he was injured (knee) this past season so were Rodgers ansd Roethlisberger - once the media imposes a good or bad stereotype on a player it sticks wheher or not current perfomance supports it

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/pl...g/seasontype/2
Atlanta Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:12 PM   #139
steelerstitch
Water Boy
 
steelerstitch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hurricane, Utah
Posts: 5
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15074
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Time to talk about the real Big Ben.

I'm tired of people bitching about Ben. I think he does a damn good job on the field 99 percent of the time, He calls the plays he is given. I just hope tat he has had an eye opener in his off field judgement thats were I am sick. Bad publicity and he should know better.
steelerstitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:20 PM   #140
steelerstitch
Water Boy
 
steelerstitch's Avatar
 

Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hurricane, Utah
Posts: 5
Gender: Male
Member Number: 15074
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Re: Time to talk about the real Big Ben.

I am sick of people that compare him to Tom Brady or as I call him the ****** in the dress, i loved Brady's game last year were he turned and ran the ball in the wrong direction to keep from being hit throwing the ball over his shoulder as he went. Brady can throw the ball to his receivers but thats all he does
steelerstitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Shoutbox provided by vBShout v6.2.1 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.0.8 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Navbar with Avatar by Motorradforum
no new posts